Chapter 4

I'm so fucking paranoid and I've only been here for 2 days. Jordan has been blowing up my phone with texts and calls that I won't answer or respond to.

"Hey, I got something to do real quick. I'll be back, okay?" Nelson said as he stood outside of the room.

I dont want him to leave cause I dont wanna be alone. I'm scared that Jordan will find me.

I closed my eyes. "Okay."

"You sure?" I nodded. "Okay." He said before walking downstairs. I heard the front door shut.

I ran around the house making sure all the windows and doors were locked. I took a deep breath and then my phone rang. I answered it without looking.

"Hello." I said out of breath

"Marianna, where the hell are you?!??"

I didn't say anything. I just stood there in silence.

"Bring o ass home. Matter of fact, where the fuck you at cause I'mma come get you?"

I took a deep breath. "I ain't tellin' you where the fuck I've been staying! I left you. We're done. Leave me the hell alone!"

"Left me?" He chuckled. "I own you, baby. And you will be coming home." He sighed, he also does that before he tries to calmly convince me to do what he wants. "Baby, come home, please. I miss you."

"No!" I hung up. "So damn bipolar."

I ran upstairs and looked out the window. I sat on the bed and started tapping my fingering on the headboard. I know he's gonna find me. I know he's gonna be mad. I know he's gonna beat my ass. I just don't know when.

He doesn't have a good relationship with his family, so he doesn't want me to have a good relationship with mine. My relationship with my family has never was been good though. Me and my brother have an okay relationship.

I have to leave. I just should go back to him. Maybe things won't be as hard for me if I just go back. I cried into my hands.

I heard the front door open.

"Marianna!" Nelson yelled

I got up and wiped my tears before I walked downstairs.

"Hey, what's up?" I said with a smile.

"You hungry?" He asked as he sat started pulling food out of this brown paper bag. "You haven't really eaten much since you've been here."

"No, I-"

"I haven't seen you eat since you got here." He said as he gently pulled me into the kitchen. "I got your favorite; a baked potato with cheese and bacon, steak, and broccoli. You're probably gonna be on the toilet tonight, but it's okay. I also brought toilet paper." He said while smiling as he held up two rolls of toilet paper.

I laughed before sitting down at the table.

***

I woke up the next morning and took a shower.

I dried off and put on some lotion. I don't plan on going anywhere so I put on a pink sports bra and some black shorts. I flat ironed my hair then laid down. I decided to watch The Real.

Nelson walked into the room.

"Tamara and Adrienne so fine." He said

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "You wouldn't know what to do with them."