four

light streamed in through the smaller bedroom causing the boy to hiss. his eyes slowly opened as the adjusted to the change before the brunet began to take in the setting around.

his nipples stood erect as he sat up in the bed, shivering from the cold. it was only in that moment did he realize the truth. daniel seavey was naked and in a stranger's bed.

a grunt sounded through the otherwise silent room alerting the boy of a stranger's presence. emotions courses through his body, some telling him to leave that room and never come back and yet others told him to stay and get to know the guy better.

corbyn.

god, daniel couldn't stay. he was fixated on another person, he couldn't get caught up with two guys who weren't interested in him.

so he found himself rising out of the bed and turning away from the stranger.

the next few actions were rushed, he grabbed his clothes and shoes and slipped out the door.

freedom.

the sunlight hit him like a punch causing the brunet to hiss.

"daniel, what are you doing here?"

oh no, this was bad. daniel prayed that the voice he heard wasn't who he thought it was.

"hi corbyn." he said spinning around to face the blond.

"um, my friend, um he lives there." he gestured to jake's house.

"really, you know jake?" corbyn asked smiling.

"um yeah, well i mean kinda, well..." daniel trailed off unable to face the truth.

"what'd you mean?"

"we aren't close but yeah we know each other. i was just dropping something off."

"oh, that's cool i guess."

thank god corbyn had believed the lie. daniel didn't know what he would do if the truth got out.

"well i have to go but um, have a nice day."

smiled at daniel not sending the state of awkward the boy in front of him was feeling. "yeah, you too."

with that daniel turned and walked down the block not noticing corbyn following him.

"sorry, i'm heading the same direction."

"oh." daniel let out a nervous chuckle. "well then hey again."

oh how badly he wished that the conversation could just be over and he could go die in a hole.

"daniel?"

"yeah?"

"are you okay? you're kinda limping."

daniel felt his heart fall in his chest. just like that the awkwardness had reached its peak.

"um yeah, i just tripped on the stairs when i was leaving his house."

corbyn laughed. "daniel, what were you actually doing at jake's house?"

"we were hanging out, you know like friends do." the brunet cursed himself silently for being so awkward. he felt like he was going to die from this conversation.

corbyn grabbed daniel's shoulders pushing him up against a nearby tree. "what if i said i don't believe you?" his lips brushed against daniel's ear causing the older boy to suck in a breath.

"what are you implying?" daniel whispered how almost begging that this wasn't actually happening.

"why don't you tell me?" the blond's voice had dropped a few notches lower undeniably turning daniel on.

"corbyn, get your hands off me." daniel tried to turn the situation; he tried to deny the truth.

"but you don't want that, do you?"

"i met you because you wanted a movie recommendation, that doesn't mean that we're friends. you're the costumer and i'm the employee, it doesn't work like that. you can continue to come into the store whenever you want but this can't continue, whatever the fuck it is."

something changed in that moment, a flash of color dashed across corbyn's eyes as he stared into daniel's. "i'm sorry, can we'd just forget about this whole thing?"

he dropped his arms off daniel's shouder shaking his head just the slightest bit. "i dont know what happened to me, i used to be so nice."

his voice broke a little as he spoke those words avoiding eye contact with daniel. "please, let's just not talk about this."

thousands of thoughts flew around daniel's mind. he wasn't sure how to react.

"i don't know if i can just forget about all of this corbyn. just come into the store on friday and we'll see. i'm sorry." it was daniel's turn to stare at the ground.

both boys were feeling completely lost in the moment. what had changed so dramatically in those few moments that morning? when did a similar interaction become so much more?

"no i understand, what i did today was weird and uncalled for. i guess i'll see you on friday." corbyn said flashing a fake smile at daniel before turning and walking down the street.

"what the fuck?" the brunet whispered to himself now alone with his thoughts. "what do i do?"

he pulled his phone out his jean pocket typing in the number he had become so familiar with.

"tate? yeah i'm gonna need some help."

-
SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT

but here are some reasons why the utah show was incredible

- corbyn forgot the lyrics
- daniel cried during in too deep
- i witnessed an iconic daniel seavey voice crack live
- jonah looked right at me (i died)
- they spent a solid three minutes talking about why utah is a second home to them <33
- jack fucking tripped on one of the platforms
- everyone made this cute little signs that said 'i love you' during eight letters