nine

the next few days were especially hard for daniel as he anxiously awaited friday. he had begun to look forward to the end of the week when he could finally see corbyn again.

of course it crossed his mind that corbyn could come into the store whenever he felt like it but daniel know thought of friday's as "their day."

it seemed like the perfect end to every week when his blond friend would stroll into the store, a smile ever present on his face.

today was no different and was daniel was folding clothes he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"hey."

"hey!" his iconic tooth gap was unveiled as he stared straight into his friend's eyes.

"do you have a movie picked out?"

daniel chuckled. "straight to the point, i like it. but yeah i do, come with me." he gestured fro corbyn to follow him as they made their way to the movie section.

daniel reaches behind a stack of movies pulling out a hidden one and handing it to the older boy. "this is one of my favorites so i really hope you like it."

the green-eyed boy glanced down at the cover turning the box over in his hands. "ferris bueller's day off?"

daniel nodded, his smile bright. "it's from the eighties and it's incredible. you won't regret watching it"

"i better not if i'm paying for it."

daniel laughed. "don't worry, you'll love it."

corbyn shook his head, rolling his eyes as he playfully smiled. "whatever you say seavey."

"you're not supposed to know my last name."

"yeah, but i found out and i like it." corbyn walked closer to daniel smiling once he felt the younger catch his breath in his throat. "i'll be back next friday."

he began to head towards the checkout, the dvd still clutched firmly in his hands. "wait, corbyn!"

"hmm?"

daniel lost all of his confidence the second corbyn turned back to look at him. he had ran a hand through hair making it look distressed and his green eyes looked tired. daniel felt horrible looking at him.

"what is it daniel?"

"i, um, you know what? nevermind." his words came out rushed as he felt the ever preset red blush return to his checks.

"what we you gonna say?" the blond's eyes were sweet but even his tone sounded tired.

"it was nothing really, it doesn't even matter."

"come on." corbyn was beginning to sound agaited. "what was it?"

"i was just gonna ask if, um" his mind went blank and daniel panicked. "if you think target should change their uniforms to blue because red is such an unflattering color."

"what were you really gonna ask me?" corbyn smiled this time, a genuine smile. one that made daniel's heart to putter and his knees to feel weak.

"corbyn go." his tone had turned reading as he shoved the older boy forward, his turn being next in line.

the blond chuckled before he turned away from daniel. "i swear to god if this isn't a good movie." the words were mumbled under his breath as the cashier check him out.

"so you know daniel?" said the girl.

"huh?"

"daniel, i saw you talking with him but it looked you guys were friends or something." she said as she handed corbyn the dvd.

"oh yeah, we've met a couple of times, he's a cool guy."

"i know." she laughed. "don't break his heart."

"i'm sorry," corbyn glanced at her name tag, "tate, but we aren't dating."

she laughed. "your total will be $3.75. but anyways you might as well be. if you're corbyn?" he nodded as he handed tate the money.

"daniel talks about you like no one else around here, and i get it, trust me i do. you're a costumer and he's a worker but you two literally met because you wanted to buy a movie and somehow built a friendship out of that.

so i guess what i'm trying to say is that it you can build something out of nothing this isn't going to be the end of your friendship."  

he thanked her for the advice as he grabbed his change. a small smile rested on his face, making his way over to where daniel stood awaiting his return.

"why are you so happy?" the brunet couldn't help from asking.

"i just got life advice from your coworker and it was actually kinda helpful."

daniel laughed. "tate's great, i love her."

"honestly me too."

both boys laughed but inside corbyn's mind was turning. maybe daniel actually had talked about him. what if daniel actually liked him? maybe he could actually do what eben wanted; at this point it didn't seem so farfetched.

-
late and a filler but i'm gonna try and update saturday and sunday