epilogue

daniel and ray stood grinning at the young pair that stood before. the first boy looked away nervously as his friend began to order their drinks. but daniel caught his eye for a brief moment, before the boy turned to stare at his friend.

as ray started to take their orders daniel gestured for the other boy to follow him. he lead the young blond down the counter until they were out of earshot from the other two.

"you like him." daniel said, nodding down to the boy who stood talking to ray.

"yeah, is that obvious?"a blush rose to the tan boy's cheeks as he nervously looked up at daniel.

"you should go for it." daniel said, completely ignoring the other's question.

"but i can't," he whined, "he'll never like me back."

"what's your name?"

"zac."

"well zac, here's the thing," daniel began, "there was this guy and we both like one another but neither of us would admit our feelings. to be quite honest it caused a lot of problems and eventually i lost him. so go for it, ask him out, make this movie a date, live your life to the fullest, get him before someone else does."

and so daniel watched with a smile on his face as zac approached the other boy. he couldn't help but feel the loud beating of his heart as he heard those special words and the grin on the other boy's face.

i like you.

those words, the simplest ones, seemed to hold the most meaning. and daniel was taken back to the moments he had spent with corbyn as he looked at the two best friends, finally admitting their love for one another.

"it's sweet isn't it?" ray said, coming up from behind him.

daniel hummed in agreement as he watched them join hands, walking off into the theater.

"boy i would kill for something like that." the older man said.

"me too." daniel said, a sad smile on his face. "speaking of, how's corbyn anyways?"

ray sighed, wiping the counter down with a rag. "you know, he's doing pretty well. he's got a kid on the way and i think he's pretty happy. i haven't spoken to him in quite a while actually but he seems to be doing really great."

for the first time in a long time daniel let a genuine smile appear on his face. "i always knew he was going to be a great parent. he takes after you."

ray grinned at those words, "me too, i just wish it could've been with you."

daniel felt his face fall as he remembered the heartbreaking moment when corbyn had lost the pregnancy. he still remembered how the blond had cried that night, in daniel's arms, tearing the younger boy's heart in two.

after that things just hadn't been the same, the two couldn't seem to get over the loss. the idea that they had been so close to becoming parents and then it was all over. it had broken them and their relationship.

so they filed for a divorce and corbyn had moved out of state. he had happily gotten remarried a couple years later.

but daniel couldn't move on, he still remembered the corbyn before the tragedy, the sweet and caring one. he was still in love with that boy, even after all these years had passed.

so the expression on his face turned sad as his began to gloss over with tears he refused to let fall.

"me too, me too."

-

a few months later daniel issued his two weeks notice, unable to work there anymore. the cinema reminded him too much of corbyn, and how they had meet.

later he began a job in a small cafe where he happily baked goods by the beach. daniel remained single for the rest of his life, always remembering his love for corbyn.

it was fair to say he was never the same again, the smile that had been so ever present on his face a sad one. but the brunet got by and by the time he was old enough to retired it was fair to say that he had spent his life doing something he loved.

you couldn't say though, that daniel seavey died a happy man.

for even after all those years and all those nights without him, daniel was still completely and utterly in love with corbyn matthew besson.

-
the end.

sorry the last few chapters have been really shitty but i lost basically all motivation for this book. anyways thanks for reading and i'll have another book coming out soon.