Chapter Three

MELLISA

I stabbed at the meatball on my plate, groaning loudly. My life is a mess I thought to myself, at the age of 26 I stay with my sister who never misses the opportunity to remind me of my miserable life and my unemployment.

Its not my fault that I couldn't get a job, I mean I have applied to literally every company here in Florida even outside my small town. I go for interviews everyday and still none has called back.

I graduated college five years ago with a first class degree in Business Administration. I got a job right after college as an assistant to the CEO of Blackhourne industry. I worked there for almost two years and suddenly was fired. I knew the reason for my sudden lay off.

That sick bastard thought he could get whatever he wants.

pffft" I scoffed

I mean seriously, he should be grateful I didn't press an assault charges against him and the he had to go ahead and threaten me he would make sure i never get a job in this city no matter how small scaled it is including a diner.

Urrrrghhhhh" I groaned angrily remembering what happened three years ago which led me to my situation right now.

My sister was so disappointed in me when she found out the reason I was fired. I wasn't like her who fucked her way to the top at the law firm she works at. Melody and I are a complete opposite because she was more open to sexual advances and I was still a scared little virgin who thinks my prince charming would knock on my door one day comeinto my room and take me to a beautiful castle and we leave happily ever after.

I grinned to myself thinking of how ridiculous i sound.

"Lisa" My sister melody shouted breaking me out of my thought

"Yeah, yes, what is it this time" i replied sounding irritated already because i knew she was about to start with her mumble jumble "Get a life Lisa, get a job Lisa, you smell of misery Lisa yen yen yen.

"Girl, you better watch that attitude of yours because your pathetic ass isn't feeding me, i am the one with the job, not you" she yelled

" Congratulations sis, but really, don't you get tired of rubbing your fuckery job in my face?

" I mean, yeah, you buy the food and you pay the rents but what have you done that anyone hasn't done before. chill man , just chill" i said rolling my eyes before looking at her face. she was fuming with anger and i could see the smoke coming out of her ear. Oh damn!!!

What? she asked rhetorically

"Have you gone mad? or your unemployment and miserable life has finally droven away your sanity. Bitch my fuckery feeds you, clothes and shelter you so don't you dare say that shit to me. if you could have just sucked a dick for once in your pitiful life, i am sure you wouldn't end up with this pathetic excuse of a life" Mel screamed while walking slowly towards me "GET A LIFE" she said before pushing off.

I sat up on the couch feeling dejected . I mean this happens everyday and you could right now expect me to be used to it but its hurts every time she blames me for everything.

Mel came back into the living room a few minutes later, seating beside me. she took my hands and covered her hands over it.

" I am sorry Lisa, i know its difficult for you but i just can't watch you seat around every damn day doing nothing.

"A very big client of mine at the firm mentioned she needs an assistant and i recommended you to her. So she asked to see you this Wednesday. Go in for the interview and i am sure she would like you." Mel said softly while smiling at me

"Really? I asked shockingly. I mean Mel is my sister and i love her but i never expected her to recommend me to anyone because sometimes she says she is ashamed of showing me to her friends.

"Thank you so much Mel , thank you. I love you so much and i am sorry for everything i said earlier" I rushed out and hugged her tightly.

"Its okay lisa, i just want the best for you. i know its just the two of us after Mum and Dad died and i promised myself that i would take care of you. You just sorta irritate me a times with your sluggish attitude" She replied

I'm not sluggish" i fired back frowning at her

"Oh yeah, you are just slow" she said smirking at me

"Watch it Mel" I warned

"Alright alright , i am not ready for your tantrums right now, just go in and prepared yourself for your interview"

I stood up and rushed to my room to pick out something to wear. The interview is the day after tomorrow and i want to be on my best. I just hope this works out because i am this close to giving up and just volunteer myself for a lab experiment like my sister suggests whenever she yells at me to be useful" i rolled up eyes thinking about how i can't wait to move out of her apartment when i start getting paid.

"You wait Mel" I said to myself thinking about how i have rehearsed slamming the door at her face when i move out. I smirked devilishly to myself.

* VOTE *COMMENT *SHARE