Chapter Five

I angrily got back into my car and drove forward till i found another space to park. i took my bag and got out of the car slamming shut the car door. I was fuming with anger. i angrily glanced at my wristwatch and gasp at how much time is gone and shocked that i was five minutes late for my interview. 

i ran quickly into the elevator jamming the keys furiously so it could shut quickly. Now i wasn't angry anymore, i was scared. The elevator finally stopped at the lobby and i stepped out of the elevator and  walking towards the front desk.

Good morning"  I greeted smiling awkwardly at the lady seated behind the desk.

she looked up at me and smiled politely "Good morning ma'am, welcome to GREYSON enterprise please how may i help you"

What's with everyone addressing me Ma'am this morning or does long term of unemplolyemt make one look old at work places?  Thinking about the driver who called me Ma'am a couple of minutes ago and what happened got me angry again but i  managed to plaster my awkward smile on my face.

" I have an interview, i was called in by Miss Anna Brooklyn"

" Oh yes, she's expecting you, just go right up to the 47th floor" She answered

"Alright, thank you. " i replied this time with a small smile

"Have a wonderful day ma'am" She said

Oh dear, i don't think anything about today is wonderful for me, i thought to myself while walking briskly towards the elevator. i sighed when it started moving and i got more nervous. my heart was thumping in my chest because i knew right now i was 17minutes late already.

The elevator dinged signaling that i had gotten to the 47th floor, i took a deep breath while rubbing my sweaty palm against my dress.

I walked out towards the front desk, glancing ata the middle aged woman who was seated behind the desk sorting out some documents. i figured she must be the secretary. She looked up from her task and smiled broadly at me.

"Good morning, do you have an appointment?" she asked

"Yes please, I have an appointment with Miss Anna Brooklyn. An interview.

"You must be Mellisa Wakefield.

" oh yes, she mentioned you would be coming in for 8am this morning but i am afraid its 8:23 already and she is in a meeting. Why don't you seat and wait for her." she said, pointing towards the couch by the other side of the reception.

"Thank you" I replied, before walking towards the couch.

I was about to seat when i heard a familiar deep voice talking to someone while walking towards the reception. I looked towards my right and saw Mr rudy husky voice guy from this morning walking with a very beautiful woman coming towards the front desk.

They stopped at the desk and turned to the lady whose name i found out is  is Lauren, judging by the badge around her neck.

She glanced up from her work before greeting the two standing in front of her.

"Good morning Mr. Greyson" She said smiling warmly at him

What??? Mr. Greyson?

"Miss Brooklyn your 8am appointment is waiting for you. " she said turning to the beautiful blonde lady standing next to a supposed Mr. Greyson.

Oh my damn!!! i knew there was nothing wonderful about today because i just finished my own career.

They both turned to look at me. I froze, staring dumbly at them.

A voice broke me out of my frozen state" Miss Wakefield, are you alright? You look pale." i blinked rapidly at Miss Brooklyn who just spoke

Uhhhhh?" i answered foolishly

I quickly put myself together before replying to her

Y-yes ma" i stuttered " Yes, i am fine." i said again finding my voice

Okay, please follow me to my office" She said before gesturing with her hand for me to come with her

I looked up at the man still standing, staring intensely at me. i ignored his burning gaze and walked away following Miss Brooklyn, i kept my head down trying to cover my face.

She stopped in front of a glass office and walked in, i walked behind her awkwardly while she sat behind her desk and gestured for me to seat down.

"You are late"

" You were supposed to be here 40minutes ago" She said staring at me blankly

" I am sorry ma, i had a little issue with my car this morning"

" Its okay, you are the only candidate anyways so the job is yours.by. You will be working as my assistant and also will help Mr. Greyson sometimes if he needs your assistance. You are to resume work tomorrow by 8am"

" I-uhh i got the job?' I asked with my mouth wide open and my eyes as wide as a saucer.

"Yes, is there a problem? Is it too much responsibilities for you. i mean i would understand if its too much work for you." She said looking at me with concern

" oh no, i-its alright ma, i am just a little surprised that i finally got a job after 3years of job hunting" She stared at me before looking away and started typing on her computer

"Your sister gave me quite a good recommendation about you so i see no reason why you cant have the job"

Thank you very much ma, thank you" i said with a big smile on my face

" That would be all Miss Wakefield, you can go." She said, not looking away from her computer

"Thank you very much ma, i said again before standing up and walking towards the door.

"One more thing Miss Wakefield, i would not condone late coming. Punctuality is a very important part of this job" She said tightly

"Oh yes ma, i understand and i promise to keep to time always.

" Okay, have a good day" she said before looking back down at her laptop.

I walked out of her office, walked back towards the reception and greeting Lauren goodbye.

I walked into the elevator , waiting impatiently for the door to shut, immediately the door closed i started jumping and dancing. waving my hair with my heads down. i was so lost in my happy dance that i didn't hear the elevator open, someone standing in front of the elevator. l stood up straight and  froze when i raised my head to look at the man standing in front of the elevator staring at me with so much amusement in his eyes.

Holy crap!!!!!!!

*VOTE *COMMENT *SHARE