The Crow: Hell Rising

Chapter 1: Don't Cry
The Crow: Hell Rising

Disclaimer: I Don't Own the Crow. But I do own the characters in this story. So please no stealing. Copyright ©2003 Patty Grace Hillard

Chapter 1: Don't Cry

The sky was clear that night not a cloud one. The moon was full and the stars shown brightly. That night was the last night anyone ever saw my sister and her boyfriend alive again.

(Voice over) Some people say that when a person dies a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes something so bad happens that the soul cant rest and the crow brings them back to life to set the wrong things right. I thought Eric was the last but I was wrong. Ashe was next then Alex. Now there is a new crow. And he is madder then ever before. His name is Ashe Matthews and he is the Crow. And now our story begins.

The sky was clear that night not a cloud one. The moon was full and the stars shown brightly. I decided that tonight was the perfect night to propose to Shelly to ask her to be my wife. So we went to the park. Perkins wood Park has always been a safe place.
(Talk to me softly

There's something in your eyes

Don't hang your head in sorrow

And please don't cry

I know how you feel inside I've

I've been there before

Somethin's changin' inside you

And don't you know)

So we drove there. I had asked the local radio station to play Guns and Roses' song Don't Cry at exactly 10 pm. And at 9:59 the song had started to play on the radio as we sat in the car to warm up.

(Don't you cry tonight

I still love you baby

Don't you cry tonight

There's a heaven above you baby

And don't you cry tonight)

"Ashe? Can I turn this up? I like this song." Shelly asked me. And I told her sure. As she turned it up I pulled out the ring box to ask her my question.

(Give me a whisper

And give me a sigh

Give me a kiss before you

tell me goodbye)

"Shelly? Honey, I have my own question. Will you marry me?" I asked. And she just shook her head yes as she cried. Then hugged me as I placed it on her finger.

(Don't you take it so hard now

And please don't take it so bad

I'll still be thinkin' of you

And the times we had...baby)

We sat in the car hugging and cuddled together when I heard a knock on the window. I looked up to see my friend Grim and his brother Ripper.

(And don't you cry tonight

Don't you cry tonight

There's a heaven above you baby

And don't you cry tonight)

I rolled down the window to ask what they wanted when I heard Shelly talk to someone on the other side of the car. I looked over to see Jude and Talon his girlfriend I assumed.