Dark Realm

A whimper woke me, a warm wet tongue licking my cheek alerted me that I wasn't alone. There was no feeling in my body, letting me know that I had been out in the snow to long. I tried to open my eyes but they didn't listen. Another whimper by my ear, a nudge from a cold damp nose on the side of my cheek. Again I tried to open my eyes. They cracked opened, hurray, but not much. Everything was blurry, blackness and bits and pieces a whiteness entered my sight. I heard a groan, was it mine? The black spot moved, a shape started to form. I blinked my eyes trying to force the blurriness away. Slowly, a shape begin to form. A wolf, a black wolf, a large black wolf. Great! Not going to bleed to death, not going to freeze to death but gonna get eaten. There was nothing I could do. I still couldn't move, I still couldn't feel my body and I could barely see. The wolf whimpered again, pulled back enough to where I could see it's face. Ice blue eyes, almost crystal clear with a hint a blue. Beautiful, that was my thought, at least I'll get eaten by a beautiful black wolf with the prettiest eyes I have ever seen. It could be worse. Blackness filled my vision and I knew I was going to pass out again, could feel it coming, welcomed it. At least I wouldn't be conscious when it ate me.

~Declan~

I paced in the woods back and forth, back and forth. I had worn a trail In the leaves and growth of the part of woods while listening to Collin, Alec and Arrin argue.

"If you hadn't..." Alec started but was interrupted by Arrin.

"I know! I know it's my fault." He said, pain laced his voice but also aggravation. He knew, he understood what had happened, knew where she was.

"You had to say something. Had to point out that she was one of you." Collin growled.

"I know damn it!" Arrin stood and punched a nearby tree. "I know." Sadness, pain and confusion was all I heard in his voice now.

"Why did..." Alec started but I was fed up. Arguing over whose fault it was wasn't going to bring Riplyn back.

"Enough!" I yelled, silencing them all. "Arrin." He turned toward me, his face full of misery. It serves him right, it deserved to feel every ounce of pain he was feeling right now. "What was that? Where did she go?" Arrin sighed and leaned back against the tree.

"It was a portal. A portal to another world." He said looking hopeless.

"What world?" I growled. Arrin's head dropped.

"The dark realm." He said, but so soft I could barely hear him.

"The dark realm?" Alec asked. Arrin nodded.

"But how? Where did it come from?" Collin asked.

"I don't know, but someone here knows and has enough magic to open one and they sent her to it, through it." He said sounding tired. I rubbed my face, sighed deep.

"Why would someone send her to the dark realm?" I wondered out loud. I didn't expect an answer.

"To send her back." My head snapped up, Collin and Alec's also snapped up and stared hard at aarin who studied the ground closely.

"Send her back?" I asked, suspicion heavy in my voice. He nodded.

"It's where she is originally from, or at least her parents. Her mother was princess of the dark elves, her father king or alpha of the animal shifters. It's where I'm from." He explained, the elf had been holding out.

"Then open the damn portal so we can get her, she's hurt!" Collin yelled while standing and moving towards him. Arrin shook his head slowly.

"I can't." He said simiply.

"Can't or don't want to? We all know how you feel about her now." Alec snarled. Arrin's head snapped up and a fierce look entered his eyes.

"I love her." He stated.