Still in The Dark Realm

~Collin~

"How does this asshole travel so fast? I thought we had him this time. Damn it! We're never going to get him and if we don't..." I let the sentence hang as I punched a hole in the wall of the abandoned warehouse. We had followed Arrin here, for the last three weeks we had followed him as he followed the 'scent' of magic.

"I'm starting to think you are leading us in circles Arrin." Declan growled at the elf as he moved around the building studying everything but nothing at the same time.

"Trust me, he was here." Arrin stated, not bothering to look over at us or see how Declan was about ready to tear his head off his body.

"How can you be so sure? There is no scent, there is nothing. If anyone was here, where is the damn scent. I can't smell anything." Alec asked, doubt was starting to affect us all, but all we had was Arrin. Apparently, he could see magic trails and although there was nothing visible or any real scents, he said we were on his trail. But we couldn't see a damn thing so we were beginning to doubt Arrin.

"He is covering it up. He's smart, fast but, that's his downfall because he isn't covering his magic trail." He said distracted with the empty stained wall.

"What magic trail?" Declan sighed rubbing his eyes. "There's nothing visible me, what the hell are you looking at?"

Arrin sighed and turned to face us, he was dressed in slacks and a white button up shirt, a quiver full of arrows on his back, a bow and two swords. "You can't see it because your not believing." He said annoyed.

"What? Like clap your hands if you believe in faries? Tinker fucking bell will show up and led the way. This is a bunch of horse shit, you don't want to get her back, you're just leading us on a wild goose chase." Alec yelled.

"It's like.." He paused, "like a slug."

We looked at him like he had lost his damn mind, hell, for all we know he had. "You know when they move they leAve that slimy trail but you can't actually find the ugly thing. It's like that, this guy is leaving a trail but he keeps moving so we just keep following."

"I'm tired of following this jackass, tell us where to find him and let's get our woman back or so help me, I will tear you limb to limb elf boy." Declan snarled, stalking towards Arrin with the intent to kill on his face. Arrin backed up with his hands in front of him.

"I'm serious, I wouldn't do this. I would not leave Riplyn there alone if I could find him. But he is fast." He tried pleading his case.

"It's not fast enough and I've had enough. You hurt her first, that's the only reason she is gone in the first place, for all I know you're the one who sent her there to get her away from us."

"I would never do that! Not to her, EVER! I know you don't believe me but..." He trailed off.

" but what elf boy?" Declan snarled still stalking him.

"I was jealous, ok? Are you happy now? She kissed you first but I knew her first, she knew about me first and she kissed you! Not me, didn't even look my way. It's not...fair." He yelled, his eyes were wild and desperate.

"News flash ass wipe, none of this is fair. And how do you think she feels? She's the one who has to deal with us, has to feel us. She knew you were upset, she was trying. It can't be easy for her. Stop thinking about your damn self and start thinking about her. It's been three fucking weeks Arrin, three weeks! Who knows if she is still alive!" I yelled at him.

"She is alive." Arrin said quietly.

"You can't be sure!" Declan growled.

"Yes I can, and you can too! You would've felt it! We all would've." Arrin stated matter of fact.