Blood like Fire

I awoke sweating, panting, squirming. My blood felt like it was on fire. The flames licking throughout my entire being, from my toes to the top of my head.
A cold rag landed gently on on my forehead and I hissed at the freezing temperature against the inferno of my body.
"It's ok, sweet mate, you're ok." A voice drifted through the fog, I felt awake but not quite aware of my surroundings.
"Hot." It came out choked and breathless. What was wrong with me?
"Just stay calm, it's our blood working through your system." The same voice said, I couldn't tell who it belonged to. Nothing was clear except, I am on fire. The sweat that broke out on my skin, chilled instantly and rolled down my body. It was refreshing and torturous at the same time.
"Blood?" I asked, I tried to open my eyes, they weren't listening to my order.
"Yes my sweet, you lost too much blood in your fight, we had to give you some of ours. Don't fight it." The voice was comforting and I could hear it better now.
"Dec?" I asked and turned towards his voice.
"I'm here." He said, so I had been right. "Stay calm, rest." He said. I wanted to laugh, but instead a groan filled the room. The vibrations running through my body. Awakening it in a way I have only felt once.
"Need." I gasped, but what did I need?
"Water?" Declan asked, I felt my head being lifted and cool liquid trickle down my throat but that wasn't what I wanted. I choked and the water stopped.
"Riplyn?" Concern was heavy in his voice, I shook my head and choked again on the water, it didn't taste right. Something was wrong but I couldn't figure it out. I needed something but my brain couldn't process what I needed. Pressure filled my body, the flames seemed to get hotter. I was burning alive, couldn't they see that? Why weren't they stopping the fire?
"Help." It came out as a squeak.

~~~
"What's wrong with her?" Colton roared and tried to shove through the vampires blocking his way to his mate.
They had said they could fix her but she wasn't getting better. Sure, her wounds had healed, color had returned to skin, but now she was flushed, moaning, groaning in what sounded like pain.
"She's fighting our blood." Collin said sullen like.
"Well, fix her!" Jax roared, he couldn't handle this, watching his mate and knowing not what he could do to help. He had trusted the vamps to help her, they had seemed sure and since she trusted them, he had too. Now he felt as though he shouldn't have.
"Declan, do you think?" Alec started his question but stopped, there was only one reason he could think that would explain why her body was reacting the way it was.
"It's possible." Declan nodded without taking his eyes off her.
"What? Don't keep secrets from us, she belongs to us all. What are you talking about? What's wrong with her?" Colton growled.
"Blood and sex." Was Collin's only answer.
"I thought that was a vamp thing?" Arrin questioned as he too worried over her.
"She's supposed to belong to them as well, and if mated with them, most likely she will pick up similarities to them." Easton said, his voice was tense. He had seen her naked but never like this. He was worried but he knew this was part of the process.
"But they haven't mated, why? What? This makes no fucking sense." Jaxon fumbled with his words, this whole shit was so confusing.
It was Collin who moved to the end of the bed, he pulled the blanket off her and took her body in, it was flushed and soaked with sweat. Her thighs pressed tightly together, she squirmed them together and Collin knew that Alec was right. She needed release. The blood they had given her not only healed her wounds but it also wakened her body in another way. It was the equivalent to her being in heat but this was slightly different.
Her panting only increase, her eyes remained closed and squeezed tightly together. Her mouth was parted, her chest rising and falling with every pant. Collin inhaled deeply, closing his eyes as her scent engulfed him. This could go two ways, the first, he could give her release and she would calm, or, he could give her release only to be tackled by his mate and made to fuck her. Honestly, he was truly hoping for the latter.
He pried her legs apart and she cried out and fought against him, but she wasn't as strong as him. He moved quickly, planted his knees between her upper thighs to keep them open. There was no need for foreplay, his beautiful mate was dripping, he could see the moisture practically pouring out of her making her lips glisten in need. He took two fingers, his middle two and pressed them inside of her.
She cried out and her back arched off the bed.
"Holy fuck!" Jaxon grumbled, he swore his balls were going to explode if he had to watch his mate like this one more time. But even as he thought it, he couldn't look away from her.
Collin started out slow and steady, but her body pushed for more, desired more.
"Harder." She gasped out, then moaned so loudly, every male in the room became hard, and on edge. Collin followed her wishes, his hand begin to move at lightening speed and within seconds she screamed with her orgasm. Her eyes shot open and she did exactly as Collin had expected, she attacked. She lunged for him, luckily he was faster than her. He had her back on her back in a blink of an eye. She growled and clawed at him.
"She's been like this before." Colton whispered to Jax, whose mouth was watering just watching her.
"Yeah, whatever you two did to her, she was just as crazed." Jaxon replied. Collin didn't try to stop the process though, he had been wanting her since the second he laid eyes On her and now he could have her and he would take her.
He undid his pants with lightening speed, pulling his hard cock out an slamming it into her hot, wet deaths. He growled and continued to move as she hissed out yes's and more. Her fingers, now claws, scraped at his skin. It was rough and primal, basic instinct taking over them both.
He thrusted into her hard, and at her commands for harder and faster, he gladly gave her what she wanted. Her eyes opened, the mismatched eyes of his mate were glowing, he moved his attention to her mouth, no longer filled with blunt teeth but sharp fangs. Her claws buried into his skin behind his shoulder blades, he released a hiss. It was a pleasure pain for him, only adding to his need for her. Collin had always liked it rough, even when he had been human. Now he had the prefect the mate, she pulled him down to her, he allowed himself to pulled down but she shocked him when her fangs suddenly pierced the nape of his neck. She had marked him, claimed him and his own fangs dropped from his gums, he grabbed her hair, pulled till her head pulled back. She growled at him, in a blink of an eye his fangs were buried in her neck. She screamed as she came, her hips bucking up, her toes curling, her nails leaving long scratches down his back that healed instantly. Two more pumps of his hips, one more suck of her blood and he roared as he came, her name on the tip of his tongue. Then they collapsed together in a heap.

~~~
"Holy shit." I whispered as I tried to catch my breath. Collin chuckled on top of me and then lifted himself up, his orange eyes piercing mine, I fell into them. Mesmerized by them, he kept me there, then he leaned down and kissed my lips, soft and sweet. So unlike the roughness of our fucking. Suddenly he jerked back, fell from the bed with a loud hiss.
"What?" He yelled, he kicked his pants the rest of the way off. I jumped up and stopped when I saw his leg, black tendrils mixed with glowing silver begin to spread across his right foot, down his toes, up his ankle and calf. He growled as he watched, his orange eyes wide.
I just watched in fascination as another of my mates were marked as mine. When his eyes looked back at me, I grinned at him and said the one word he would understand.
"Mine."