Overload

~Colton~

Riplyn passes out, a heating side affect that i haven't ever seen with my own eyes before. Her body just can't take anymore. As she lays limp on the bed, I feel my primal side taking over. I shift without thought, my body contorts and reshapes itself into my wolf. I snarl and show all my teeth as I move to stand over Riplyn. Protect my mate! That's the only thought running through my head.

"Colton!" Ryan's voice pushes through my basic instinct to attack the ones who have come into my house.

"Declan?" Ryan ask cautiously staring at the tall dark blue eyed vampire. He seems surprised. "We mean her no harm, she's our mate. As she is yours?" He asks slowly. I crouch down, covering my mates body, the elf glares at me and points his bow and arrow at me, I growl, showing off my fangs.

"Arrin. Lower your weapon." Declan says without breaking eye contact with Ryan.

"He's touching her." He seethes.

"He's protecting her." Declan says calmly, "lower your weapon." His voice is dripping with authority. The elf slowly lowers his weapon but doesn't let it go, he's still ready, but so am I.

"Please, explain." Declan says, still calm. It's unnerving how calm he is right now.

"Where do you want me to start?" Ryan ask. "When she fell through a portal without an arm and broke every bone in her body. Spent three weeks healing and fighting hypothermia. Or when she woke up, realized we were her mates. Or how about when she cast some spell to hide her elf side aNd got stuck? Went into heat, told us she was saving herself for her elf mate." Ryan turns his head and glares at the said elf mate who looks surprised.

"What?" He says.

"The beginning is fine, when she fell through the portal. Then we'll tell you our side." With this Declan moves over into the kitchen, grabs a chair and sits. Waiting patiently. I hate this vampire already, no wonder Riplyn acted the way she did when she first met him. It makes me proud of her.

Ryan nods and moves to the end of the bed, his hand gently strokes Riplyn's cheek before he starts the story.

Three hours later we all sit, waiting for Riplyn to wake up. Worried about her, worried sick. Things have been sorted out between us, the other vampire, Alec had been waiting outside with their captured fairy. He is now in the center of the room, I can't help but growl at him, I don't like the way he keeps staring at her. But he says nothing. Until she moves.

"Oh, she's waking up to join the party. Whoohoo! Can't wait to see how this halfbreed reacts." The fairy says, sarcasm dripping from his voice, I growl again at him but he just rolls his eyes. "Chill out kujo."

Collin smacks the back of his head, "shut up Tinkerbell." He growls, the fairy huffs.

"What happened?" Her voice is scratchy and heavily laced with sleep. She moans and shakes her head. Then winces, her markings have come back completely, but now theyre glowing.

I nuzzle her face, her neck, whimper into her ear. "I had the weirdest dream ever." She mummers.

"Not a dream little one, wake up." He speaks gently with her but it sounds forced, I growl at Ryan, he doesn't need to blame her for anything. Ryan raises his brows at me but thank goodness Jaxon knows what's up.

"Don't be a dick. It's not her fault. She told us about them." He fusses, then moves over to her. He grabs the blanket at the end of bed and covers her as she slowly sits up. She eyes us with furrowed brows then glances around the room.

For a moment she just takes it all in, all eight of us sitting or standing or kneeling. I lay my head on her lap and she smiles down at me before running her fingers through my fur. I sighed contently.