one

Arabella Morris

"Oh please, you would never hurt them." I said to Dallas. There was a group of Socs on greaser territory, or more specifically at the park. Me and Dallas were debating on picking a fight or not. But me being me, I decided to get him riled up to see what he would do.

"Watch me, Morris." He said, walking over to the group. I contemplated on staying where I was or going to help him. I decided that he could handle it.

Dallas walked up to them and butted into their conversation pretending he was a part of it.

"Yeah yeah I heard that too." He said. They almost didn't notice him. He cleared his throat loudly. They all turned their heads towards him. The biggest guy of the group made his way over to Dallas. I felt my pocket for my switchblade, you never know when you need to pull it on someone. The soc guy awkwardly stood there for a minute.

"We having a starting contest or....?" Dallas said, obviously trying to make the other guy mad. Although I wasn't getting involved in the situation I could hear every word they were saying.

The soc scoffed and turned to the other guys for a second before quickly turning back around and punching Dally square in the face. Dal stumbled back a little bit. That punch was hard. But he soon got his balance and punched the guy right back. The soc fell backwards and Dallas took this as a chance to tackle him. And he did.

The rest of the guys tried to help their friend but Dallas pulled out his switch blade, warning them. For some reason the guys seemed scared. Maybe they didn't have their blades? I watched closely, waiting for a sign that Dal needed help. But nothing.

The next thing I knew Dallas was punching the crap out of that guy. From what I could tell, the soc had blood all over his face. Maybe he took this too far.

But before I could do anything, Dallas put his blade up to the socs neck. And he tried pushing it farther into his skin. I had to do something.

I ran up to them, the other socs looked at me with a confused look.

I hated the socs more than anything, but I couldn't stand Dal being put in the electric chair for murder. I just couldn't let it happen.

"That's enough!" I said, running to Dal and trying to pull him off the guy.

"Stay out of this!" Dallas said, turning to me and now holding the knife up to my neck. I fixated  my eyes on his hand and then up to his eyes. They were dark, filled with hatred. It was all my fault. I let him get like this.

My breathing hitched. I was terrified...would he actually hurt me?

Dallas saw how scared I looked and it was like that turned him back to his normal self. His eyes were back to his normal brown. He quickly removed the knife from my neck and stood up, getting off of the half dead soc.

He quickly walked away from the whole situation. Not saying a word. I just stood there, but snapped out of whatever shock I was in.

"Dallas wait!" I yelled. He didn't hear me, and kept walking. I thought about apologizing to the socs but realized they deserved it. They put us through that stuff so why not do it right back to them. But that's not what I was worried about, the only thing I was worried about was Dallas. He's never that harmful to anyone. Yeah, he gets in fights here and there but never near death fights.

I ran out of the park. I need to clear my mind. This whole thing is just a mess. I really wanted to go after him, to try and talk to him, but I decided it would be best to let him cool off on his own time.

-

I ended up walking to the Curtis' house. It was a Saturday so the whole gang, except Dal, should be at the house. I didn't want to talk about what happened, but I needed to get my mind off of it. And by 'it' I mean the fact that one of my gang members tried to slit my throat.

I walked through the door, putting on a fake smile.

"Hey guys." I said when I walked in. I glanced around the room to see if everyone was here, and everyone was. I got a few smiles and a few 'heys' from the boys. I saw an empty seat next to SodaPop on the couch and decided to take it.

I sat down, trying not to show how I was really feeling. Yea, this seems a little overdramatic that I'm close to tears over an accident, but it all was unexpected and happened so fast.

"You okay?" Soda said, giving me a concerned look. That was enough to bring someone to tears. Being on the verge of tears and then someone asking if you're okay just exposes your emotions. And no, I'm not okay but I couldn't tell him that.

"I'm fine." I said. But just after I said that I felt a tear fall down my face. Trust me, I'm not this much of a baby, well most of the time at least.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. I just wiped my tear and shook my head at him, signaling that I didn't want to talk about it. I couldn't tell if anyone saw what happened because I was already out the door, going who knows where.