six

Arabella Morris

As soon as I made my way out of Bucks, I couldn't hold the tears back. Everyone thinks greasers are tough, but in reality it's not that way at all. Or maybe I'm just a drama queen.

I screwed up, big time. I wanted to leave Dally and everything that happened to us in the past but I just had to bring it up again. And I screwed up even more because I confessed my feelings for a boy who doesn't know how to feel.

I waited for Johnny to walk out of Bucks, it took him about five minutes. I gave him a confused look but he didn't seem to understand the message.

We walked down the sidewalk in silence before he finally spoke up.

"He's really sorry, y'know." Johnny said, trying to make my feel better.

"I really doubt that" I responded. As we walked, I attempted to step on every pine cone that was on the ground. I don't know, I guess it's fun.

"You May not realize but there's a part of you that believes he's capable of change. If you didn't have it you wouldn't have caught the slightest feelings for him." He said. Johnny was right and I knew it, but another part of me is saying there's no hope for him.

We walked for what felt like forever. It was slowly becoming night and I couldn't help but admire the sky. The mix of colors and the stars, slowly starting to appear. It made the rest of the world fade away.

"So you really like him?" Johnny said. I wanted to tell him to shush but this is my only chance to talk about my feelings.

"I mean, it's hard to explain y'know? I don't want to have feelings for him because more times than not he's being mean to me, but that , I think, is why the short special moments we have makes my feelings stronger." I said, realizing how cheesy that is. I knew Johnny didn't notice the cheesiness because he wanted to feel those things too.

He didn't say anything, only smiled.

The more time I spend with Johnny, the more I realize how much of a good friend he is. No matter the situation, he's there to help. He really was one of my best friends and I had to savor my time with him. Except, the only thing I'm doing is pouring out my heart to him about someone who is notorious for having no heart.

"Goodnight Johnny." I said, waving to him as I walked to my home. He was staying at the Curtis' house tonight. I would've gone inside and spoke to the boys who were there, but I wasn't in the mood.

I approached my house, taking in the beautiful sunset before walking in. My life was decent, I lived with my mom in a smaller house. I was grateful for her because out of all the people in the world, she's the easiest to talk to.

When I walked in, all the lights were off. I assume my mom was asleep so I didn't bother looking around for her.

I walked into my room and layed down on the bed, trying to forget everything that happened today.

————-
Hey!!! I took a break from this app for a while just to concentrate on the end of the school year. It's later now, but I'm back. I wanted to make a good comeback chapter but I haven't gotten used to writing again lol.

-cca