two

Arabella Morris

-Two days later -

Ever since what happened between me and Dal at the park, no one has seen him around. Almost like he disappeared. But I knew exactly where he was. I ended up telling the other boys the whole story, they almost didn't seem concerned. Maybe he did this sort of stuff more than I thought. They didn't care about finding him, but I sure did.

I made my way over to Bucks. Because if Dallas Winston was anywhere, it would be at his 'home.' If he was upset, he kept to himself so no one would try and talk to him about it. He closed everyone out because he was afraid people would think he was soft. I didn't know anything about him, I just made an educated guess.

I walked into the Bar with the red flashing sign labeled 'BUCKS.' Just the place I want to spend my Monday, at a bar. I hated alcohol and cigarettes, but I had to respect other people's decisions to enjoy those things.

Walking in, I practically had to hold my nose to stop the burning sensation in my nostrils from the alcohol smell. I carefully made my way over to the bar area, trying to spot Buck. He would know exactly where Dally is.

I finally spotted him.

"Buck, you seen Dallas?" I said, trying to be as loud as possible. But, considering I was at a loud bar, that was difficult. He pointed up, which I assume meant Dal was upstairs. He stayed up there which is why I said he was at 'home', if anywhere.

I pushed my way through all the clumsy drunks and made my way up the stairs, each one creaking as I walked. This building was decades old.

I didn't know which room was Dally's but I went with the only room with a shut door. Before I barged in, I knocked on the door just to make sure it was his room.

I heard a groan. I immediately knew it was Dally. He definitely didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. When he opened the door, it looked like hadn't slept in days.

"Dally.." I said, trying to make eye contact with him. But he wouldn't look me in the eye.

"You shouldn't be here." He said bluntly. I understood. He'd hurt his friend and he felt bad about it.  I really needed to talk to him though.

"But I am" I said. He finally looked me in the eye.

"Mind having company?" I said, giving him a slight grin. He didn't look amused. I knew he was tired.

He opened the door wider, signaling for me to come in. I slowly walked in, checking out his room. It had dirty white walls and posters everywhere. I felt bad that he didn't have a real home, but I didn't say anything to him.

He walked past me, sitting down on the bed.

"If you've come to scold me for practically cutting you, I don't have the time." He said, looking in my direction.

"That's not why I came here-" I paused and walked over to him, sitting next to him on the bed, "I came to check on you." He just gave me a funny look.

"The gang doesn't seem to be worried about you, but I sure am." I said trying to show how much I wanted him to open up to me. I wanted him to know he could trust me.

"What do you want?" He snapped at me. I flinched at his sudden change of tone. He saw the similar fear in my eyes just now that he saw when he had a blade up to my neck.

"You're scared of me?" He said, giving me a sympathetic look. I looked away from him before getting up and making my way to the door.

He quickly got up and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him so that our bodies were practically touching.

"Arabella...are you scared of me?" He repeated his last question, this time with more feeling. Me and Dal were pretty decent friends, I mean we hung out all the time. And yeah, I was scared of him. Not so much before, but after I actually witnessed him beating up someone and nearly killing them. I had no choice but to be scared of Dallas Winston.

I just slightly nodded. We made eye contact for a while before he finally did something. He started to lean in, our faces centimeters apart. I felt like leaning in as well, but I couldn't deny the fact that he made me scared. I hesitantly pulled away. He grabbed my chin, moving my face up to his and he looked me right in the eyes.

"I'm never going to hurt you" He said before planting a kiss on my lips. I felt shivers run down my spine. It felt so right but I knew it was wrong. I know about all of Dallas' many girl toys and I know about him cheating on nearly every girl he gets with. But it made me wonder if he would do the same for me. Was I any different from the rest of his girls?

He pulled away from me, not taking his eyes off of mine. This boy made me feel some type of way.

I got out of his grasp and sat back down on his bed. He turned around and sat next to me.

We sat in silence before I said, "Can I ask you something?"

He nodded.

"If I wouldn't have been there, would you have killed that boy?" I asked scooting closer to him, mostly because I was cold. It was freezing in this room.

"I don't know." He said, but I could tell he was telling the truth. Those type of situations could go either way. The thought of Dallas Winston killing someone right in front of my eyes made me shiver. He must've noticed because he quickly said, "I never meant to take it that far."

"I'm just glad you are Okay."