seven

Arabella Morris

-2 months later-

I forgave him. I forgave the "bad boy" that broke my heart because I couldn't stand being mad at him. I knew that the longer I told myself I had feelings for him, the longer I'd realize he didn't feel the same way. I was dumb and selfish for letting him in the way I did. But it's over now. Me and Dallas Winston are friends and friends only, just like it used to be.

"Shut your mouth!" Exclaimed an angered Dallas. I was minding my business when I came across him getting into some argument with another soc. I rolled my eyes, knowing I'd have to get him out of this one before it got rough.

I walked closer to the scene, not wanting a repeat of the last time Dally tried beating up a good for nothing soc. I waited for a moment to see if Dallas would actually throw a punch and to no ones surpise, he did. He threw multiple. And to top it all off this fight was probably over nothing.

I ran over to them, yelling "That's enough!" Neither of them reacted, the soc then switched the roles and was now beating up Dally and I could tell Dal couldn't take him.

"I said that's  enough!" I tried to be louder this time so they would actually hear me. I walked in the middle of them cautiously so I wouldn't get hit and shoved the soc off of Dally. I'm not that one that's supposed to be saving him.

"Get out of here." Dallas stated, anger all in his voice. I rolled my eyes again, "This is the last time you push me away." I told him. He was carefree and I was the only one able to stop him from being reckless all the time. I wished on everything that he would listen to me.

"Whatever." Was all he said before punching the soc one last time and then walking away. He lit a cigarette and I knew that pack would be gone by the end of today. I didn't bother checking on the soc, I mean what was the point anyway. And I definitely didn't bother trying to catch up with Dallas.

I tried to relax myself before making my way over to the Curtis house. I didn't plan on going there today, but I haven't been there as much as I would've liked to have been these past few months. Actually, I haven't really talked to any of the boys in a while. I've been trying to help my mom around the house more and I guess time went by way to fast.

"Greetings." I said, walking into the Curtis' house. I earned a few "heys" and "we've missed you" from the boys and a hug from Soda. I sent them all a smile and made myself comfortable on the couch next to PonyBoy.

It really felt good to just spend time with them again.

It'd been about an hour since I arrived at the Curtis house and the majority of the gang was there except Darry and Dallas. Darry was at work and Dallas was doing who knows what. We watched tv, played board games and whatever else we could think of.

Me and Soda were in the middle of a chess game when I heard the door slam open, causing me to jump. I quickly turned my head to the door only to lock eyes with the one person I didn't really want to see, Dallas Winston.

"You, come outside. Now" He said, pointing to me. I couldn't tell if he was angry or completely normal. I told Soda I'd be right back and walked out the door, Dally following closely behind me. I sat on the bench outside and he stood in front of me.

"What was that earlier?" He asked me. I now realized he was drunk and was clearly starting to think about me saving his butt.

"What? Me saving you from almost getting killed. You know, I wouldn't have to do that type of stuff if you would actually use your brain and not take on people who you know you can't handle!" I said, realizing I was starting to yell.  The reason Dallas is made about this is because he has this thing where he thinks he can handle everything on his own when I know he can't. Yeah, he can fight but sometimes he takes it to far.

"You have no say in what I do. And you sure as hell don't have a say in stopping me." He said back to me. If he wasn't angry before, he is now.

"It's not my fault I actually care about you! Which is something you lacked when you lead me on." I said, not wanting to hear another word from him. I took one last look at him, noticing that his eyes almost seemed sad. It was an act, and I didn't want myself to think otherwise. I attempted to walk back inside, but was stopped by Dallas grabbing my arm and pulling me dangerously close to him. Our chests were practically touching and I could smell his alcohol filled breath.

Before I could react, he started leaning in, but I knew we were nothing more than friends so I pushed him off of me. I would not let this be a rerun of how we used to be. I didn't wait for whatever he was going to say and quickly made my way back inside.

I sat back down at the table where Soda was. "Sorry about that." I said, trying not to let Dallas' previous words get the best of me.

"Boy troubles?" He asked me.

I just smiled at him and said, "something like that"

———

I decided to not let my laziness get the best of me and actually write a chapter with a decent amount of words.

Also, this chapter is unedited for now because I can barely stay awake.

—cca