five

Arabella Morris

Ever since I left that hospital, Dallas and I haven't talked at all.I despised it. I thought I finally got Dallas to trust me but instead we grew farther apart. I had a lot of work to do.

I sat on the swing on my porch, just thinking. I barely even realized that Johnny walked up on the porch. I directed my attention to him and sent him a warm smile. He smiled back and sat next to me.

"You and Dal talked any?" He said, pulling out a smoke, offering me one. I shook my hand signaling I didn't want it.

"Nah." I said.

"Too bad. I could tell he was getting fond of you."

I scoffed but asked, "you really think so?"

"Absolutely" He says.

I didn't respond. We sat in silence for a while. It was pretty nice, just enjoying the cool breeze with my close friend. You can't do this very often. Johnny threw his cigarette on the ground and broke the silence.

"Well I better get going. See ya later." He said, standing up and putting his hands in his jacket pockets. Before he could walk away I wanted to make sure he was safe, wherever he was going.

"Not to be nosy, but where are you headed?" I asked him.

"Bucks." He responded with a smile, knowing I'd ask to go with him. I immediately stood up.

"I'm going with you."

"I've always hated coming here." I said to Johnny before we walked into the crowded bar.

"Me too- but it is what it is." He said, knocking on the door. Buck answered the door. I hadn't been to his bar but a few times.

"What." Buck said blandly. Johnny cleared his throat and was about to say something but I cut him off.

"Is Dallas here?" I said. Buck nodded and opened the door wider so we could come in.

Johnny and I quickly walked through the crowd of drunks and up the stairs to Dallys room. I stopped at the top of the stairs and turned to Johnny.

"What is it?" He said, a little confused.

"Maybe he doesn't want to talk to me." I said, knowing how dumb it sounded.

"Oh hush, of course he wants to see you." He said, not giving me a chance to respond. He walked in front of me to Dallas' door and knocked.

I heard Dally mumble a 'who is it?'

"Bella and Johnny." Johnny said. Bella was the gangs nickname for me.

I heard loud footsteps before his door swung open. Dal and I made eye contact for a few seconds before he moved out the way to let us in.

"Didn't expect you guys to be here." He said, closing his door and locking it.

"Not like you'd make any effort to show up and talk to us." I mumbled under my breath. Oops.

"Got something to say?" Dallas said, sassily. I shook my head. Johnny just watched.

"How've you been Johnny?" He said, trying to start a conversation. "Pretty good man." Johnny said in reply.

Johnny got up and told us he had to use the bathroom, but also sent me a wink. He wanted me and Dal to talk.

"So..." I started. "Are we going to talk about what happened before I left the hospital?"

"Eh. Not really in the mood." He said, sitting down on the bed next to me. I scoffed.

"Or how about we talk about the fact you've been avoiding me." I added. I wasn't trying to sound mean but there's no reasonable nice way to say it. He turned to me quickly.

"I'm not the only one with a mouth." He said, getting frustrated. "I mean just a simple 'hey' would be nice." I said, ignoring his previous statement.

"You want to talk about what happened? Okay. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't do relationships and whatever we had going on, just forget about it!" He said, practically yelling at this point. My mouth almost dropped at how quick he was to get mad at me. I tried not to let his words hurt me as much as they did because I knew he was right.

"You're right. I am an idiot for thinking I even had a chance." I said, finding myself standing up. "I knew I shouldn't have fell for someone as messed up as you are, Dallas." The words fell out of my mouth before I could even thing twice about it.

"Get out." He said, insensitively. My heart dropped. I didn't move. I looked to my side and saw Johnny standing at the bathroom door.

"I said Get out!" He yelled. I flinched because he was now standing in front of me and yelled in my face. I shouldn't have came here in the first place.

I opened the door and quickly slammed it behind me. I didn't even wait for Johnny because at any moment I knew I'd start crying. Such a baby move.

I don't understand why I went against my own thoughts. I knew Dallas was broken, but I still tried to change him. I knew he didn't want any relationships, but I still fell for him. Gosh I'm so stupid.

I made my way down the stairs to the smelly bar and pushed past everyone. As soon as I stepped out the door and started walking down the sidewalk I felt tons of tears fall down my cheeks.

I'm an idiot.

——

This is so dumb because I've lost all motivation to write but here's an update for the 2 people that actually like this story.

-cca