chapter 2

I stand in front of Hunter's group hangout refusing to go in, but someone from behind pushes me forwards and shoves me into the hangout and sits me onto a couch beside you-know-who "what took you so long pet?" his voice makes me want to hide away because of the affect it has on me, only very few people know I am gay but I think Hunter didn't need to be told to know that, he takes pride in what his teasing does to me. "Why am I here?" I whisper and I can feel his eyes on me "because, I want to get to know you better, thought that was obvious" he raised an eyebrow and I jump up barely missing his hands and run away.

I don't want to be some toy for him to play with, I want someone who actually cares for me not treat me like their pet! I want someone to care for me; I want HIM to care for me "why can't I have one good lover?" I ask myself "Ace" I hear Hunters voice say and I hold my breath "I don't know what I said to make you leave but please come back, can we talk about this?" he seems sad, but why? People tell me he is a player that he doesn't care for anyone "look, I know what people say about me but, can we talk" he wants to talk? "about?" I reply and I hear a sigh of relief. "About me, you, feelings?" he questioned the last one and I start giggling "there isn't much to me," I say and I hear him scoff "puh-lease, Angelina told me a lot about you" he's smirking, I know it "Angie?" what kind of relationship do they have? "yeah, she's my cousin" the response was calm and clear "so that's why she knew you so well! The first day we met she said you liked me, I mean she was joking but-" "who said she was joking?" Hunter cut me off and a blush spread across my cheeks "w-what?" I stutter, there is no way he likes me! In addition, he is a player, but I don't know that for sure, but he is the bad boy, they usually are players, but that means ugh. "ever since you bumped into me and I saw your wide green eyes, I have liked you, and I mean really like you. I want to go on dates and prove to people that you belong to me, that I am lucky enough to get with someone like you" he trails of and tears spring into my eyes "b-but, you're just gonna use me" my voice cracks and I sound as if I am crying "no, never, if anything I want to break through the shell you have built around yourself. I don't know what you have been through but I can promise you, I will protect you from any harm and will love unconditionally" he spilt his heart out and the tears roll down my face "l-love?" I question and I hear his breathing hitch "I don't know if I love you yet, since I barely know you but trust me, one day, I will say those three words and when I do, it will be when they are needed most" he finishes and I let out a sob and don't move from my spot.

No, I wont accept it, he's lying, he is the bad boy, it's what he does. I look around the area I am crouched in and see a hole in the wall, it leads outside so I crawl through it and cover it up from inside so you can't see it unless your outside... well I hope. I run away from the hang out and before I knew it, I was lost in the city, why me? Huh, I seem to be asking myself this so much since I met him. I walk around trying to find something that I recognise but I just end up wandering aimlessly to which it got dark and I was sitting on a bench in a darkened park, like a loser. I close my eyes and let out a sigh of sadness "there's no way he likes me, I am a normal kid, just trying to survive high school, why does he have to tease me and toy with my feelings" I whisper to myself, I stare at my shoes and let out another sigh "you really think that huh?" I hear a familiar voice and look up to see Angelina "hey, Hunter called me and said you disappeared" she sat next to my slouching form and placed her arm over my shoulder.

I stayed quiet "so that means he didn't find the hole?" I asked quietly and I could feel her stare "you escaped through a hole?" she sounded as if she was gonna laugh and in a few seconds, she did. I stare at her shaking body, moving from her uncontrolled laughter and then watch as she falls onto the floor. She is literally rotfl-ing, a jogger jogged passed and looked at her oddly "I don't know her, I think she's lost it" I tell him and he them gives me a confused look but it wasn't long until my only friend jumped up and pointed a finger at him "HEY! Don't give him those eyes!! He has a boyfriend!!" she screamed and he has now been promoted to a runner. I face palm and shake my head "he isn't my boyfriend" I grumble and she sighs in sadness and plops onto the bench "he likes you, he poured his heart out to you and you booked it. Look I know that you're scared to let someone in but, trust me, Hunter will be good for you and will make you happy" she grabbed my wrist and pulled my from the bench "come on. You can stay at my house tonight" she took me to her house and when she lead me through the house and passed the living room, I saw Hunter and I know he saw me.