chapter 15

whoo! how does it feel to know that this is the last 1000 word chapter. next chapter and all after it will be longer. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the person as they stared back at me, I couldn't believe it. In addition, I was even more surprised when I saw the next two people enter the room "Ace? Dad?" the first person Zach turned to his dad. Mr Aldershim nodded to a chair "we'll talk later, Zach. Pierce and Elias please take a seat." All three males sat in the middle section of the table and that is when the meeting commenced. It took no more than 3 hours but it was still pretty tiring when you aren't used to it. I was asked to stay behind to talk with my three old friends and the other two. I was nervous, we didn't talk after the incidents, if anything I avoided them, just as I was now avoiding their gazes while slightly hiding behind Lycaon "Ace, is that really you?" Pierce stepped closer and I hid more behind my lover "please, hold on 1 second" Lycaon turned around and picked me up under the armpits and turned us back around, he put me down and turned me to face the others "that's not fair!" I whined crossing my arms "sure" Lycaon chuckled and I huff "it really isn-mmh?" Lycaon had turned my face sideways so he could kiss me, I couldn't pull away as he held me in place. I pat his shoulder and he moved away with a smirk "now shush" he pulled my back to rest against his chest and held me there "hi, you three" I mumbled with a burning face, my features full of embarrassment and sighed "we never saw you after what happened, you didn't have to avoid us to the extent that you did!" Pierce raised his voice "it wasn't your fault, you didn't ask for any of this" Elias smiled slightly at me and glared at Lycaon "but you, you hurt him, you can say goodbye to your life" there it was, Elias was always that kind of person "he is currently housing me, and I would tell you more but we need to go home. Zach's dad can tell you everything, bye boys, Mr Aldershim" Lycaon led me out of the room and down to the car waiting to take us back home.

On the way home we stopped by the park, it was still a little early so we decided to watch the sunset and then go home "I'm glad I met you guys" I whispered into the silence and waited silently for Lycaon's response but he didn't say anything, I looked at him and saw him staring at me "w-what?" I turned away and he chuckled "you get embarrassed easily, it's too cute!" Lycaon ruffled my hair and I slapped his hand, not like it bothered him in anyway, he just found it funny and laughed even more. I huffed "whatever! I wonder how Hunt and Jas's day went, bet 20 dollars that they fought!" Lycaon raised his eyebrows at me "I'll take that bet, 20 that they didn't" we shook hands and went and bought food from a truck nearby. I lean into Ly's heat as the sun started setting from above the tree's "it's pretty" I had gone back to whispering and luckily my lover humoured me "you are too" his voice sounded good when he was whispering... bet it would sound even better after he just woke up after a long night of- I stopped my thoughts there, I was NOT going there, nuh-uh! No way! Not happening! OH SHIT IT WENT THERE!!! My face was suddenly burning and I choked on my drink, spitting it everywhere at the images appearing in my mind. I didn't know I was capable of coming up with such fantasies! God lets hope they never get into my head. I don't need them seeing this! I came back to reality when someone bumped into me, she apologised while looking me up and down with interest, she asked about me but Lycaon made sure that she knew I was taken, now i'm going to have a hickey that'll last for like a week! The sun was almost completely down so that was when we decided to get back to the car, and head home. I couldn't wait till tomorrow, another day spent with business Lycaon instead of home Lycaon.

When we got inside the smell of food invaded our senses, Jasper must've been cooking, I then felt a buzz in my pocket. It was a message from Hunter saying him and Jas would be home late, Lycaon had sent an emergency call to the police and he made a gesture meaning for me to stay where I was as he made his way into the kitchen/dining room. I heard a chuckle and a click of something, it was a sound I knew quite well, I heard a few more words spoken and another click as the weapon came into view. I didn't even know I had been running but knew that I had to keep going because just as the gun went off I came out into the open and in front of Lycaon, taking the bullet for the man I felt for. I had stumbled back into my lover as the Police burst in and tried to catch Jeremiah. I didn't see what happened next, I just stared up into my lovers tear filled eyes, the tears were ruining the beauty of his eyes "d-don't cry, it ruins your e-eye c-colour" I coughed and Lycaon shook his head "I was supposed to protect you, not the other way around, you idiot!" He took his shirt off and put pressure on the wound " 's kay, ve ben through worse" I was falling unconscious "smile for me, I wan that to be... the last thing I see" I watch as a sad smile forms on his face "you're not going to die, but I'll do it anyway. Stay awake baby" his words weren't heeded by me as I slipped into a world of darkness.