chapter 13

I get ready in the clothes Lycaon picked out, he would know better than me what to wear in a business industry such as the building he works in. I step out of the room, fumbling with my tie, these things were made by the devil I swear "let me help you" I look up to see the eldest brother approaching me with a knowing smile "it's hard until you get the hang of it" he continued tying the devil thing "we'll leave as soon as breakfast is done and then you get a peek at my everyday life. You will be in my office with me, try to pay attention and get as much information as possible" he messes with my hair a little then heads down the stairs. I can tell that today will be a long one "YOU BETTER HURRY BEFORE ITS ALL GONE!" Jasper yelled up at me and I scowl making my own way down to the smell of bacon.

I sit at my claimed spot at the table and dig into the food laid out for me, let me say, Jasper would make a good housewife, but I won't tell him that. I put my plate into the sink and head over to where Lycaon is packing his brief case "ready?" he asked me and I sigh "as much as I can be" I respond trying to sound at least a little confident when I am really shaking in my shoes. Walking out the door we head into the elevator where an old lady was holding a woven basket "hello boys, would you like some apples?" she asked us and I smile at her kindness "may I Mrs Liear?" I asked softly and she nods once holding out the basket, taking one I thank her with another smile and take a step back so I wouldn't block the doors as they opened "see you boys later, enjoy your day" she wobbled out into the 4th floor hallway and that was the last thing before the doors closed again, leaving the eldest brother and me alone. I leant against the wall holding the apple in my left hand when I notice Lycaon moving closer to me, before getting into my personal space, chest to chest we faced each other, my eyes looking into his, i wonder what he was thinking "Ly?" I whispered but the only answer I got was his lips against mine.

when the elevator stopped he moved away before straightening up his suit, and smoothing out the creases, he step out of the elevator and I follow his movements, we head out the doors and walk straight to the car waiting out front, he has a driver... of course he has a driver, he's rich. I sat next to him and glance at his face, it was stony, blank, I wonder if it will be like this the whole time "sir, may I ask who this may be?" the driver asked when he pulled out onto the road "you can ask him yourself if you want to know more, his name is Ace Ryder" Lycaon replied before pulling out some files from his case before closing it again. This Lycaon scared me a little, I could feel his closed off aura which made me want to move away, but I didn't as I would have to deal with it for the whole week.

Arriving at his work building my breath left me as I saw how tall it was "don't faint" Lycaon had whispered to me and I roll my eyes in annoyance "maybe I will when you aren't around, give you another heart attack" I grumbled back and he nudges my shoulder on our way in, even if he was closed off he was still playful to me. We head to the elevator ignoring the looks we got and made it to the 35th floor of the 37-floor building, his office was on the far side from the elevator. A couple of people had walked up to Lycaon asking about work but left when they got what they needed or were ignored, we just kept walking until we reached the door to his office. A female with a short stature sat on one of the chairs in front of his desk, she stood up and immediately started yelling "I HAVE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR- who is that?" she turned around and tilted her head while staring at me; I backed away behind my larger boyfriend. I didn't want her to stare at me "he will be overshadowing me for a school assignment, then he must write a report on what he learned, now please leave while I get set up" Ly informed leading me into the room but the female gasps loudly and dramatically "I am not done with you mister! You take me out to dinner a week ago but then you ignore me?!" at her shrill voice I freeze, that sentence did not just come out of her mouth... did it?

Lycaon places his brief case on his desk and glares at the woman "you asked me too as I had owed you a favour and that was what you wanted, I have no feelings for you what so ever, so again, get out" he growled this time and she backed away shocked before storming out and slamming his door for effect. I look between the door and him but only to find him staring at me, making my face burst into colour, he couldn't stare at someone with those eyes, the colour was addicting and it felt as if I could get sucked in and drown. I pry my eyes away from his in hopes of regaining my thoughts from their jumbled mess "don't do that" I whisper, letting the words hand in the air "do what, Ace?" he finally asked. He sounded out of breath "don't stare at me like that, you'll make me get lost" I respond almost whining "if you're gonna get lost in my eyes" he stopped midsentence as he tilted my face upwards, bringing it closer to his "then I want you to lose yourself completely" he connects our lips and fireworks explode in my brain. I shouldn't be this intimate with him, I barely know him... but he was the Alpha, and an Omega can't fight their Alpha forever.

(I just had to.)