Chapter 16

There was a constant beeping; it was beginning to get on my nerves. I tried to move my limbs but they felt really heavy, I let out a groan, hoping one of my lovers were with me and would turn it off. But my voice went unnoticed, I finally sighed and made several attempts to open my eyes until they split apart, letting the light burn my retinas. I had closed my eyes before slowly opening them again, the first thing I saw was the hospital room and the next were my sleeping lovers, one on my right arm, another on my leg and the third nowhere to be seen. I tried to talk but started coughing, my throat was dry and I couldn't see any water in reach of me, that sucked, majorly. I tried moving my arm to wake Lycaon but moving took a lot of energy I didn't have at this exact moment, but I was lucky as Jasper walked into the room and spotted me "Ace, thank god you're awake" I nodded and opened my mouth before closing it "you probably want water right? Hold on, I'll go get you some" he left the room. When he came back in a doctor was following with a clipboard "Mr Ryder, how are you feeling?" I took the water Jasper got for me and drank it "i-I'm okay, what happened?" I looked around, slightly confused "you got shot in your left pectoral," the doctor was writing stuff down and checking my vitals or whatever "I got shot?" I tried to remember what happened but I couldn't recall anything other than going to the park with Lycaon after work.

Jasper sat beside me when the doctor moved out of the way "inform me if they are any problems" he left closing the door on the way out "who shot me?" I asked and Jasper shook his head, a look of pure anger appearing on his face "your ex" his voice was a growl and I wince "I'm sorry for the trouble" I whispered "he aimed at Lycaon, you jumped in the way. You could have died!" Jasper was crying now, he looked so sad "how do you think we would feel, if you actually had DIED!" he slammed his fist onto the bed and I whimper at his anger. I shrunk down to try an make myself smaller "enough Jasper! You're scaring him" Hunter stood up from his sleeping position, as Jasper had realisation appeared on his face. Jasper looked at me "i-im sorry.. I was worried and I was, no, am upset... just know this. We're dating! That means you are ours! You can't die unless we say you can, got it?" his voice was stern but playful and I nodded my head with a small smile "I don't remember what happened but, I'm sure I went down a hero, looking fabulous" I joke and a scoff got my attention "you went down with me worrying over you. The police had just come in when you went unconscious... But Jeremiah got away" Lycaon sat at my feet where his head was lying "he did? We'll have to tell Mr. Aldershim" I spoke tiredly and placed my head back onto my pillow "go to sleep, we will be here, you know that" Hunter patted my hair and I drifted off.

When I awoke again, it was to shouting and crying, I opened my eyes cautiously to see what the commotion was, I saw Axel yelling at Lycaon, blaming him for what happened, my mother was crying with my father comforting her "Shut up!" I spat at the group and they all turned to look at me "some of us need rest so we can get better, if I don't get better then that will be your fault" I gestured to my brother. My mother ran up to me and hugged my shoulders sobbing, I looked at my family members and they looked at me in pity "don't look at me like that, I believe that Ly would have done his hardest to protect me, they all have!" I growled and each member had looked away. I reach out my hand towards Lycaon, who immediately rushed over and grabbed it, placing a delicate kiss on the back. Yep, he was the softest of the brothers, no doubt about it. I gave the room a once-over and shake my head "where are Hunter and Jasper?" I looked around again to make sure I didn't miss them and I was correct, they were missing "bloody liar, he wasn't here when I awoke" I pouted making the room, collectively, laugh. Axel touched my foot gently "they'll be back, they went to go see when you'll be released" I shake my head, that was no real reason on why they aren't here. The promise was broken and now I am salty.

I rolled of my side, back facing the door, and closed my eyes. I'm very salty... I didn't want to see them now, promises were important to me. If you don't keep a promise then how can I trust all the others you make, huh? And why am I telling this to myself and not my lovers who broke the promise? Oh right! Because they aren't here when they promised to be! I covered my face with the blanket and huffed, ignoring all the chatter around me.