Chapter 19

It wasn't rare for Damon to wake up before Percy. His boyfriend was, without a doubt, not a morning person. The teen would grumble and curse his name even while cuddling closer to him and wrapping an arm possessively around his waist. Percy, despite his sharp tongue and cool demeanor, loved to cuddle with Damon and lavish him with affectionate nicknames. He was a completely different person when he was with Damon and the vampire was completely and truly in love with the human.

During the weekends, when he waited for his boyfriend to wake up, Damon took to doing some stretches and sit ups and push ups before he had to end up making coffee. He wasn't ignorant to the fact that Percy had ordered a pull up bar for him online and put it at the entrance of the hall. He also wasn't ignorant to the fact that Percy would have a perfect view of him from the bedroom.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Damon looked up from where he was doing push ups and couldn't help the fond smile that made its way onto his face. His boyfriend was only in a pair of boxers and one of the vampire's own shirts and the human was squinting at him through a haze of sleep. "Working out."

"But it's," Percy looked over at the kitchen to look at the clock on the stove. "Really fucking early in the morning. Come back to bed." He pouted when his boyfriend seemed to hesitate, "Please, Day? It's cold without you."

The vampire shook his head fondly before standing up, "But I'm all sweaty."

"Barely," The human poked his chest. "Take your shirt off if it really bothers you and cuddle with me. After, you can have the first shower."

Damon shook his head and kissed the man softly, "No, you can have the first shower. I'll make you some coffee."

Percy sighed in contentment, standing on the tips of his toes a bit to kiss the vampire more firmly, "You're made for me."

Despite the fact that his boyfriend said that at least once a day, Damon never got tired of hearing it fall from the human's lips. The vampire couldn't remember the last time he dated someone. He couldn't remember the last time he laid with someone and woke up in the morning, complimenting them and kissing them, and actually meant it. His feelings for the human only grew more and more as his boyfriend led them back to the bedroom for a few more minutes of cuddling.

"I mean it," Percy said softly when he rested his head on Damon's shoulder, his fingers lightly tracing circles on the vampire's bare chest. "You're mine."

"You're so possessive," Damon laughed even as he pulled the human closer to him.

"I want everyone to remember it." The green-eyed teen wasn't shy to admit it. "I want everyone to know not to cross us."

The vampire grinned, "They wouldn't dare." He kissed his boyfriend's forehead, "We would tear them apart."

--

When Percy woke up again it was to an empty bed. It was times like those, where he felt content to cuddle and be cuddled, that he hated that his boyfriend was a morning person and that he was not. He wanted to spend mornings with Damon, mornings where they woke up together and he was able to see his boyfriend's smile, mornings where Percy could make Damon breakfast for once. He knew he wouldn't be able to, not unless he set an alarm for himself, and he wasn't sure if he even really wanted to go that far.

He did. He really, really did.

Percy groaned and flopped gracelessly out of bed, grabbing some clothes from his bedroom drawers, before stumbling over to the bathroom so he could shower. Damon was in the living room doing even more sit ups and push ups and, not for the first time, Percy wondered if he was dating an alien instead of a vampire.

As the demigod stood under the warm spray of the shower, his lips curled up in a smirk as he thought about how oblivious his boyfriend and his boyfriend's brother could be. There were only so many hints he could drop before he was practically screaming "I KNOW YOU'RE VAMPIRES" in their faces. Although, that would be entertaining. He couldn't tell them yet, however, because even though he had a rocky relationship with the gods, he was still in contact with the demigods. There was more at stake than just two vampires and a demigod horribly in love with one of them.

Percy sighed and turned off the water, grabbing his towel and drying himself as much as possible, before putting on his clothes. If he was being honest, he didn't think any of the clothes he was wearing were his own. Percy and Damon were close from day one and the demigod wasn't even sure where he started and Damon ended anymore.

He put the towel over his head, not bothering to try and hand dry it, and went back to his room to grab his phone. Damon was still doing push ups in the living room but Percy could smell coffee brewing so he could forgive his boyfriend for being a weirdo.

"Let's get McDonald's for breakfast," Percy said as he sat on Damon's back. He grinned when he saw the vampire's arms shake in surprise at the sudden weight. He scrolled through his tumblr account saltyandgay and hummed happily at the number of notes some of his three am rants got. The general topic of them were about the hot people surrounding him in Mystic Falls but now the subject changed to his boyfriend and how unfairly pretty he was. Occasionally, he would text his friends.

"Get off," Damon grunted, still continuing with his push ups anyway. "Your coffee's ready."

Percy sighed dramatically and got up, walking towards the kitchen, "So, yes or no to McDonald's?"

"We don't have a McDonald's around here."

The demigod made a face at that, pouring himself a large cup of coffee, "That doesn't sound right. What're we going to have for breakfast now?"

Damon got up, making his way over to the kitchen, "It's actually lunch time now. We can go to the diner a block or two away. You know, the one that thinks you're a part of the mafia."

"Mm," Percy nodded. "Yeah, we can go there."

"Why didn't you ever tell them you're not a part of the mafia?"

The demigod shrugged and internally smirked, "'Cause they're not entirely wrong."

Percy watched as his boyfriend froze for a moment and wanted to cackle when the vampire just nodded slowly. "That explains so much," Damon said, preparing a cup of coffee for himself as well. "I'm going to shower and then we can head to the diner."

"Sweet," Percy grinned. "Hurry up, though, I'm starving."

"Yes, your highness."

"Oh, I like the sound of that."

--

"It took a bit," Percy started as he leaned his elbow on the table they were sharing in the diner. "But I finally got Stefan's birthday gift."

Damon raised an eyebrow, "What is it?" 

The human made a 'tsk tsk' noise, "I can't tell you. You might tell Stefan or something and that would ruin the surprise. Let's just say that they won't be missing it."

The vampire pouted, "That sounds ominous. Don't you have swim practice today?"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot that was a thing. What's today? Saturday, right? It's at three o'clock."

Damon looked down at his phone, "It's two forty. Come on, let's go get your stuff."

Percy shoveled his food in his mouth and swallowed it before speaking, "Fine but only because I feel like I'll finally get to drown someone today."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Words: 1,286