59 - Sam

Dedicated to misskallie94!  Enjoy :)

Emmy's still staring at the TV screen with wide eyes when I reappear back into the lounge with Ollie and an angry Vince in tow.  Ollie had been reading comics but Vince had been asleep.  A shove in the chest had woken him up and earned me a few choice words for doing so.

It hadn't been Emmy's whole performance on the TV, but they'd shown a clip of it on the music news.  This was just what Sketch needed.  A nationwide TV channel talking about Sketch is amazing publicity. 

"Was that it?" Vince asks, stretching his arms over his head and yawning dramatically.

Ollie socks him in the gut, causing Vince to double over and cuss again.

"It's brilliant," Ollie says, ignoring Vince's exaggerated cries of pain.  "It means we're getting noticed."

Emmy pulls her eyes away from the TV to give us a vacant stare.  "Was that just real?"  I nod and she smiles.  "Ace!"

I nod again.  "Right.  This is exactly what we've been waiting for."

"I was on the news," Emmy says. "That's so cool!"

"Hang on," Ollie says.  He runs to his room and returns with his laptop.  "Let's see what the view count is now."

My pulse races with excitement.

"View count?"

I smile at Emmy.  "On our band page.  It went up loads after you performed on TV."

"Am I on there yet?" she asks, coming around to stand next to me as I wait with Ollie and Vince for the laptop to load. 

Vince seems to have woken up a little now.  His hair's still sticking up everywhere but his eyes are open properly so he's no longer squinting at everyone as if the lamplight in the room is blinding him.  "I don't know," he answers Emmy.  He turns to me. "Has Tanya got Tony to change the band page yet?"

I shake my head.  "No actually.  We'll have to ask him to do it tomorrow."

Vince yawns. "Don't you mean today?"

I glance at the wall clock to see that he's right. It's just gone midnight.

"That means we'll have to have new photos taken," Ollie says, as he pulls up the internet and types out our web address.  I lean over his shoulder.

"Yeah," I reply.  "We'll have to get Tanya to book us a photographer."

"Photo shoot?" Emmy asks.

I nod, my eyes on the computer screen as the familiar sight of the band page appears.  "To put on the band page."

She smiles.  "Oh.  Cool."

"It's like being a model for the day," Vince says.

"Because it's the only way you'd get to be one," Ollie mutters and I chuckle when I realise Vince hasn't heard.

"We get to wear cool clothes," Vince continues.  "We had to have new ones after Michelle left."

For once the mention of Michelle doesn't make me feel angry or sick.  It's like now that Emmy's back things are really starting to look up.  Changing the photos on the band page would really cement the new line-up of our band.  Excitement makes me grin as Ollie scrolls down so we can see the view counter on the bottom left of the page.

My eyes widen.

"Two and a half thousand in the last day," he announces.  "That's crazy."

Vince fist pumps the air, seeming more awake by the minute.  "We're really famous!"