67 - Sam

Dedicated to MaryAnnMadridNorberg!  Sorry I've taken so long to update guys.  I've been so busy working that I haven't had the time to write.  I had the first half of this written up but I've just finished it now.  I have no idea whether I'll have time to write anymore soon but I'll keep you guys updated.  Hopefully it won't be four days until the next part.  Enjoy!  Ooh, and I love the song on the side.  So awesome :)

I've never felt so relieved in my life.  And there I'd been, thinking I'd have to be the one to spill my guts during an awkward monologue.  The fact that Emmy had bombarded me with the best kiss of my life was like a weight being lifted off of my shoulders at the same moment as someone handed me the best gift in the world.  I couldn't have planned it any better.  Though I would have left out the drunk fan and I'm pretty sure Emmy would have too.

She seems to have calmed back down into the same state of euphoric happiness as me as we walk back into the back lounge hand in hand.  I stop, my eyes wide, when I spot a bunch of people sitting around Tanya and Ollie.  The volume of the music seems to have been lowered a little so I can actually hear the conversations going on in the room.  A gaggle of girls by the door are gushing over Vince and I pick out mentions of our gig more than a few times as I lead Emmy though the people who've suddenly gathered here. 

Tandy spots us first, letting out an excited squeal as she notices our entwined hands.  Ollie looks up from signing something with a startled expression at Tandy's scream, but his gaze softens when he catches sight of us too.

"Finally," he says, clapping me on the back once we reach them. 

Emmy and I sink down onto the sofa next to them.  It's a tight squeeze but Emmy slips into my lap to make more room.  I slide my fingers through her hair and she leans back into me, resting her head on my shoulder.  It feels like heaven.

The fact that this whole room seems to be filled with excited fans makes everything feel surreal and dreamlike, especially with Emmy's hand in mine, her other hand on my cheek.  She leans over to kiss my jaw and I sigh, hoping she can't hear it over the sound of conversation and music.  The little smirk I spot on her lips proves me wrong.

We're both quite happy to just sit and observe everyone and what's going on.  Every now and again we're broken out of our bubble by eager teens wanting to add our autographs to their collections, but we don't shout out about our reunion.  Tandy and Ollie seem really pleased for us and Alex squeals when she hobbles into the room, wearing one heeled shoe and carrying the other.  She crushes us both in a giant hug that smells like perfume and alcohol before settling on the arm of the sofa beside us.  She seems just as dumbstruck with the attention from the party guests as we do.

We'd played the gig to get Sketch known, maybe hoping that a few people would fan our band page and tell others about our new song out soon.  I don't think any of us had anticipated anything as huge as this.  Sure, it's not a sold out Foo Fighters gig, but it's a start.

It's still all any of us can talk about when we're back at the flat.  We'd dropped Alex home, a drunk Vince muttering and blushing as she'd waved goodbye, and then we'd stopped off to buy some food.  Emmy keeps nudging my foot with hers under the breakfast bar where we've all gathered to eat our pizzas.  Before long Vince is crashed out in his room and Tandy and Ollie are cuddled up on the couch watching a film.  I no longer feel green with envy as I watch them murmuring in each other's arms.  Now I've got Emmy back there's no comparison.

I wipe my hands on my napkin before leaning across the table to twirl Emmy's hair between my fingers.  She smiles up at me from under her eyelashes and my gut stirs.

"I've been waiting ages to do this again," I whisper.

She laughs quietly before getting up to join me on my side of the breakfast bar.  She sinks onto the bar stool beside mine and I pull her closer.  She grins again before leaning in to kiss my forehead, then my nose and finally my mouth.  I smile against her lips.