Markings

He sits me at the counter and gets busy making breakfast.  As I stare at this guy, that I barely know, I start to think back over everything that has happened this week.  It seems crazy it's only been one week since all of this started.  I definitely never would have thought, for a million years, I would be getting told I'm going to turn into a werewolf . 
                "What's on your mind over there baby doll?"  Easton asks breaking me from my trance.  I look at him and smile shyly.  "So, does this mean you imprinted on me?"  Easton laughs at this question.  "This isn't a movie.  Only birds and sometimes a rare case of other mammals imprint, and it's usually on their mothers."  "Oh." I say as I turn bright red.  "It's ok, how would you know?  You're just finding out  werewolves even exist.  But, no we don't imprint we do have strong bonds, though, with our mates.   That's how I knew you were in trouble I could sense it.  The night of the party I could feel your pain it was intense."  He says as he tries to concentrate on the task in front of him.  "Did you not want to feel that?"  I ask him not really sure what he's thinking.  He looks at me shocked and takes my hand in his.  "Charlee, I know what I said last night but I didn't mean it.  Feeling you in that kind of pain I thought my heart was going to rip out of my chest.  I've never had to worry about anyone but myself before and this is all new for me also.  I felt like I had no control I wanted to rip to shreds whatever was causing you pain.  I was so worried I wasn't going to make it in time.  Having these thoughts is hard especially when you're unsure if you want these thoughts.  Does that make sense to you?" 
                     I sit and reflect upon his words as he finishes making breakfast.  I do understand what he's saying.  Nobody wants to be forced into something especially not a marriage.  And then basically to have your feelings attached to another person that you don't necessarily want, that must be rough.  At least I don't have to deal with that.  

                 "Here is your plate señorita.   Will you do me the honor of accompanying me to the dining room table?"  I laugh as I get up and sit on the other side of him at the table.  "When did you learn how to cook I ask?"  As I stare at my mountain of food.  "I am a man of many talents."  He says as he wiggles his eyebrows at me.  My only response is to blush and shovel down the food.  "I can't believe I ate all that!"  I exclaim as a look at my empty plate.  "It's your wolf you're definitely going to have more of an appetite now than ever before."  He explains to me.  "Why don't you go get ready, I want to take you somewhere.  Today seems like a great day to start getting to know each other right?"  I look at him and smile.  "Yes, I think I'll take a quick shower, my side and arm are really itching maybe I need to go see a doctor."   "May I take a look?"  He asks as he gently grabs my arm.  I nod allowing him to pull the bandage and I'm shocked at what I see.  My wound is almost healed! It's already scabbing over.  "What the heck?! I for sure thought I was going to need stitches!"  "It's your..." "Wolf" I say as I cut him off.  I take my shirt off so he can examine the wounds on my arm and side and as he sees my back he calls out, "What the heck....?" "What is it?" I ask expecting to hear the worst news. "Is that a mark?!" He questions not believing his eyes. He rubs his finger over the back of my shoulder as if he's trying to decide if it's true. I go into the bathroom but can't really see it.   "Pass me that mirror I say pointing at the hand mirror next to him.
                    I look at my reflection in awe.  There on my left shoulder blade is small wolf paw print with the word 'Koningin' in the middle of it. As I'm studying my reflection I catch Easton's eyes wandering my body. Quickly, I pull my shirt down and try to control the blush breaking out on my face. "What does Koningin mean?" I ask trying to clear the awkwardness. "It means Queen." Easton says as he turns around and shows me his marking. His looks exactly the same as my with the only difference being the word on his is 'Koning' which I assume means King. "But I don't understand Hanna and Julie told me I only get a mark after we have been bonded. This is crazy."  I say  confusion filling my brain.
                 "It's not crazy, Charlee, it never happens. Female wolves don't get a mark until they are bonded to their mate. In our culture the only ones to carry the marks are the males, and once he has bonded a female she will take on his mark to let other males know she has been claimed."  You shouldn't have a mark." He says as he pulls his shirt back down and turns to face me.  "So, how come we have similar markings?"  "I'm not sure, and there is something else that you should know that I didn't tell you.  I'm not sure why it's happening because it only happens when you've been marked by each other.  I shouldn't be able to sense when you're in danger because technically you're not in my pack, or bonded to me. But now, seeing your marking and how it's exactly like mine, and me being able to sense you're feelings it's like we already are bonded."  He says confusion eminent in his eyes.
                     I look at him none of this making sense to me.  "But I can't sense your feelings so why is that?"  "I'm not sure maybe because you haven't had your first shift yet?"  "Why didn't Hanna and Julie tell me any of this when they were explaining everything to me?"  "I asked them not to.  Not until we can figure out why it's happening.  As you know you were the first female descendant ever born.   Usually kings end up having male heirs and they marry the females into royalty.  A female has never been an heiress before, the packs have never been led by a Queen.  If Charlie was still alive and never challenged by my father, you would have become the Queen of all the packs the moment you were born, but since he died right before you were born my dad took over as king which should have
overruled you. None of this makes sense to me either."   He looks at my face knowing how confusing this is to me and takes my hand.  "I'm sorry I don't have better answers for you, this is all just as confusing to us.   Go take a shower all of this will sort itself out, eventually, we have a busy day getting to know each other."  He winks at me and sends me on my way. 
                I let the hot water soak into my tense
shoulders.  So much has happened and it is starting to sink in that my life will never be the same again, and I don't know how I feel about it.