Home

Everything goes as planned, and I'm finally standing in my driveway in the same dirty clothes I left in. Easton had covered all the blood stains to look like dirt last week to make sure my story sticks. I don't have my keys and the door is locked so I have to ring the doorbell and wait. My dad is the first to answer and if the situation wasn't so serious his look of shock would almost be comical. "Sarah! She's back!" He screams to my mom as he pulls me in for a life squeezing hug.
"The Girl Who Lives." That's what I'm being called by all the news outlets. Days go by as I repeat the rehearsed story for the zillionth time. I've been interviewed by every local media station and several national ones. I'm suppose to start school again next week but I really don't want to have to explain my story to all the kids at school. Maybe my parents will send me to that boarding school in New Zealand now?
Easton shows up like clockwork at 9:00 every night and without fail he is in my room when I head upstairs. "I brought you something." He says with a cheeky look on his face. "I'm not sure I want to know what it is." "Come here and close your eyes." I walk towards the bed apprehension clear on my face. "Turn around." I do as told and I feel his hands lift my hair off my neck. I get immediate goosebumps up and down my arms. "Open your eyes." I open my eyes and he gives me a mirror. I look at my neck and see a beautiful silver wolf necklace. The wolf is wearing a crown with a crescent moon carved in the middle of it. "It's beautiful!" I exclaim as I look into his smiling face. "I had it made just for you. We haven't bonded yet, but I want the whole world to know you're mine." I blush profusely at his claim. He grabs my arms and pulls me in close and I stare at his face as he uses his finger to trace the wolf on the skin of my neck. He stops suddenly and places his hands on the side of my face, leans down, and kisses me.

This is the first time I've ever been kissed. His lips are soft and warm, and he tastes like the spearmint gum he's always chewing. I hadn't realized I'd stopped breathing until he pulls away laughing at me. "Well, I guess you can never tell me I don't take your breath away baby doll." I roll my eyes and step away trying to catch my breath. He catches me before I can go too far and sits me on the bed as he kneels in front of me. "Listen Charlee, I know we haven't known each other for that long, but we are mates. I know you sense it and I'm sure you have just as deep feelings for me as I have for you. I know this is all new to you, but we can't wait that long to bond. The longer we wait the more people will come looking for you. I can't go through losing you again. I almost lost myself feeling the torture you went through and if anything happened to you I don't know, I don't think I could have bared it. Will you please take me as your mate?"

For the second time tonight I feel as if I can't breath. Easton is right all of this is new to me and I don't even know what it means to bond. When they say bond do they mean you know like.... boooonnndddd? As if sensing my confusion Easton takes my hand, "Talk to me Charlee because you look like you've seen a ghost." "You're right Easton, I'm new at the wolf thing, and a lot of the terms you guys use confuses me. What do you mean by bond exactly?" I swallow the last part of my question with nervous tension. Knowing where I was going with it he smiles, "It's not like that Charlee, I mean mates do that part, eventually, but we don't have to do that part until you're ready, which I won't lie I hope it's sooner rather than later." He laughs as my face instantly flames. "When mates bond it means we use our teeth to mark each other." "Wait! What?! You're going to bite me?? You're crazy! Do you know how dirty people's mouths are?" "Well, I wouldn't be biting you with my human teeth I would bite you with wolf teeth. Then you would bite me with your wolf teeth and we would finally be bonded. And you will finally be all mine." He says as he kisses me again. I don't think I'll ever get used to him kissing me, but I definitely do like it. "Well, ok, if it's as easy as that then let's just do it." I say as his face lights up with excitement. "Oh we are definitely going to do it, but not like this I want to make it special." "Oh no, are you going to wait until prom or something?" I question at his cheesy line. "Of course not I have something way better than prom planned, trust me, you're in for a real treat." He leans down to kiss me again, then quickly jumps up to head to the window. "Hey where are you going?!" I shout at his retreating back. "I'll be back later baby doll I have plans to make." "Now?!" "Oh yes I'm not waiting any longer to make you mine." And with one last smile he hops out the window leaving me once again speechless.