Wedding Day

I shouldn't have been surprised to see the bathroom but when I stepped into it, I was completely breathless. In the middle of the room was a sunken bathtub and it was almost the size of two hot tubs. It was covered in jets and had a faucet on each side. Lining the furthest wall from the door was a shower that was basically it's own room. It was completely glassed in, but one of the walls had a full bench to lay on. It had a shower heads on the walls that were no glass and several waterfall shower heads hanging from the ceiling. I've always wanted a shower with a waterfall shower head I am so excited! To the right of the door is another sitting area with two loveseats on top of a fur rug and another fire place tucked into the corner. Why on earth do we need a sitting area in the bathroom? On the left side of the door is a vanity tucked into the corner full of wall length racks to hold all the make up I don't have. There is a double vanity taking up the rest of the wall with beautiful white marble counters. "I have no idea what I am getting myself into." I shake my head trying to get rid of the doubt that is consuming me and set out to find the towels and take a shower.

Clothed in a luxurious robe I step out of the bathroom and find Easton sitting in one of the loveseats by the fire. I hug him from behind and press a kiss into his cheek. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of that." Easton lovingly says taking a strand of my hair between his fingers. He pulls me into his lap and we sit there quietly enjoying each other's company and the soft whispers coming from the fire. "Easton," I call breaking the intimate moment "do you think these people will like me?" Easton pulls me in tighter and places a kiss on my forehead. "Charlee you are one of the bravest people I have met. You have the strength to survive weeks of torture that a male wolf in his prime wouldn't have been able to survive. You are so kind and thoughtful and I think you don't even realize the things you do for people half the time you do it." "What do you mean?" I question not thinking I've ever done anything so significant. "Over the last few weeks I've watched you doing things for others that may have seemed insignificant to you, but for them you touched their hearts and brightened their days. Do you remember when we went into town to eat at that taco place?" I nod at him recalling the moment. A homeless man walked in asking if the restaurant had and extra food on hand. "The way you went and bought him a meal without thinking twice and took it out to him. You didn't notice it but after you walked away the man started crying. I went back later to give him some money and he told me you were the first person to show him kindness in several months. You are the Queen the wolves need. You will lead with a gentle grace and win their hearts over." My eyes fill with tears at his reassuring words. "I love you Easton." I say as I snuggle into his warm chest.

The next few days pass by a blur. Filled with endless amounts of shopping, Hanna and Julie took me into the city so we could buy me a whole new wardrobe, and I mean a wardrobe big enough to fill the entire closet. We also picked out my wedding dress and their bridesmaid gowns. I still feel a little sad that Jocelyn won't be here for it, but I try to put aside those thoughts as I see my new family smiling and laughing in front of me. As we are walking from shop to shop I get the eerie feeling that I am being watched again. As I look around to try to find the source of my suspicion I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I try to shake off the nagging suspicion and blame it on wedding day jitters. Tomorrow is the day Easton and I are going to be married. "I am so excited to call you sister. Hanna says wrapping her hands around my neck." "I am so glad Easton chose to marry you instead of that bitch Eve!" Julie spits as she joins in for a group hug. "Thank you for being so wonderful to me you guys." I say taking their hands in mine. "I know I probably wasn't what you were expecting but you have been so kind to me since the first day I met you. I will never be able to repay you for you kindness to me." "Marrying my brother and making him happy is payment enough." Hanna replies wiping tears away. "My brother was so distraught after he killed our worthless father. I haven't seen him this happy in years, and it's you I have to thank for it. I will forever be indebted to you Charlee. You could have walked away from him and broken his heart after those lies Eve spewed about him, but you chose to believe him. You are the perfect Queen for our people." Blushing I turn my face down trying to avoid their gaze. "Come on Charlee let's get you back and start getting you primped for you big day tomorrow." Julie interrupts sensing my embarrassment.

Friday is finally here. It will be the first time I am introduced to the pack. Julie and Hanna help me into my wedding dress and I can't control the butterflies wreaking havoc in my stomach. I meet my dad at the double doors ready to enter the room that my fiancé is waiting in to make me his. "You look so beautiful baby girl." My dad says pulling me into a warm embrace. "I'm sorry we never told you about your real dad from the start Charlee, but I know he is looking down smiling at the beautiful young woman you have become." My eyes well with tears as I look into my dad's loving eyes. "You are my real dad, dad. You never had to take on the responsibility of keeping me and mom safe. You could have easily walked away knowing the risks that
my life could bring. I couldn't have asked for a better man to choose to be my dad. I love you so much." I try to wipe the tears away so I don't ruin my makeup, and as the music starts my dad holds his arm out for me to take and walks me down the aisle.
Standing before me looking like the King he is Easton reaches his hand out to me to help up the steps of the alter. "You look so beautiful." He whispers in my ear before stepping back into his spot. When our vows have been exchanged he places and a gorgeous diamond wrapped band on my finger and officially makes me his wife. I look into his loving eyes knowing I have the best husband a woman could ever ask for.