Engagements

"Well, that was heavy." I quietly say to Easton while driving back to his cabin. My parents and Easton agreed that at this point it is safer for me to start living with Easton until we are fully bonded and I have taken the throne. In all honesty though, I'm not sure I'm ready for that. What if nobody else in Easton's pack likes me? What if I fail as a Queen? My mind has been racing since we got into the car. "Hey babydoll, where did you go?" Easton interrupts my thoughts while giving me a reassuring smile. "I'm sorry, I have so much on my mind I'm starting to get a headache." I reply sadly.

I wake up the next day feeling like I barely slept and my muscles feel tight as if they've been carrying the weight of the world on them. Easton, always somehow knowing the best things to say takes me hand, "Come on, let's head up to the waterfall that's always the best cure for troubled thoughts." I haven't been back to the waterfall since the first time he ever took me, and the weather is so perfect right now. Easton and I race through the woods, of course he takes it easy on me and let's me feel like I am winning. As soon as I can smell the water in the distance though, he bolts into action and leaves me in the dust. Asshole. When I get to the lake he has already shifted back and is swimming in the water laughing at me. I hide behind some bushes and change into a swimsuit that Hanna let me borrow not realizing that this swimsuit is more like skimpy lingerie and leaves nothing to the imagination. My legs and booty have toned up since I shifted, I guess that's the perks of being a werewolf and for once in my life I actually feel sexy. Coming out from the trees I try to cover myself as much as I can but there is just no way to do that in this "suit."

I look up to see Easton staring at me with almost a pained look in his eyes. Knowing exactly what I am doing to him, I decide it's my turn to get a little revenge on him. I slowly drop my hands to my side and walk as smoothly as I can to the lake. I turn around so he can see my tight booty as I bend to place my towel on the ground and I hear a low growl escape his lips. Smiling I jump into the water to meet him but as soon as I enter his lips are on mine in a heated kiss. He grabs my face in his hands and kisses me deeply asking for permission to enter with his tongue. I open my mouth slowly to him breathing in his wonderful scent. He has never kissed me so passionately before, but I most certainly can't say I don't like it. He trails his mouth down to my neck nuzzling his nose into the pocket of skin my by shoulder. "I want to mark you right now, and make you mine forever." He whispers after placing a kiss on the side of my neck. I look into his eyes seeing the love he feels for me and I know that I want him to do that too. "Come on let's go in the cave for a while." He says breaking me from my trance.

Again, just like the first time, I enter into the cave and find it lit with candles, but this time their is a little path made by candles and a carpet of rose petals under my feet. "What is this?" I ask taken back by the sweet gesture. "Charlee, I never knew when I came here all those months ago I was going to meet the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. But here we are and I don't want to go a moment longer knowing you're not my wife. Marry me Charlee and make me the happiest werewolf that has walked this earth." Easton gets down on one knee and picks up the small blue box by his side. The biggest diamond I have ever seen is sitting inside. He takes it out and waits for my response.

At first I am so taken back I don't do anything but stare at him. My life has changed so much since that fateful day in August when I first met him. Once I have finally come to my senses I hold out my hand and nod yes with tears running down my face. He places the ring on my finger and picks me up spinning me around. "I love you so much Charlee. I know this is fast, but I have my whole life to show you just how much I love you." Looking deep into his eyes I know that what we have is real. "I love you Easton. I think I always have."