Chapter 8

BOOM! BAM! SMASH!

The girls were woken up by explosion noises and they sped out of the house, wearing their pjs. "No..." Blossom gasped at the sight. There were so many monsters, so many explosions. 

"Where did they come from?" Buttercup asked and Blossom shook her head.

"I have no idea."

"We have to defeat them!" Bubbles yelled and all three sped to the monsters. They started fighting them. At first, it was good, they were destroying them but monster by monster starting getting stronger. Their eyes started glowing and they continued trying to destroy the monsters.

It worked at first but the monsters' strengths were really enhanced.

What can I do?

____________

"Brick!"

____________

The girls were attacked. They couldn't keep up no matter how hard they tried.

____________

"We have to help them!"

____________

They started bleeding.

____________

"Brick!" 

____________

The girls started screaming at the pain. Buttercup screamed so loud.

____________

Butch winced.

____________

"Help!" Bubbles yelled.

____________

Boomer winced when he heard it. "Brick! Please!"

____________

The girls started coughing and the glow in their eyes are slowly fading.

____________

Brick winced, shaking his head. They shouldn't. They're enemies, not some kind of lovers! "Shut up, Boomer! We shouldn't put them a priority in our lives. It's their job to save the town. We won't be affected here."

____________

"Girls, stand up!" Blossom yelled. "No one can help us, we have to save the town!"

____________

"Brick!" 

____________

"I... can't do this anymore..." Bubbles whined and she started to cry.

____________

"Brick..." Boomer fell to the ground, crying. "Please..."

Brick shook his head. What's the point if he saved them? What's the point, really? It would be useless. They'd still be deemed as criminals and they can never live life normally. Because of that one crime, they  were called as criminals so they decided, why not? They tried living their lives the fullest instead.

If they show up there... if they try to save them... wouldn't they just be captured and put in jail?

____________

"Dammit!" Buttercup yelled. "I'm too weak! I... need to get stronger!" Buttercup winced in pain, trying to stand up. She groaned and kept trying to even float. She just couldn't. "Dammit! The Chemical X's supposed to heal us right about now!"

____________

Butch heard that. Buttercup was in pain? Buttercup couldn't stand up even after all those fights they had? He glanced at Brick, and Brick noticed. He still wouldn't budge. Butch couldn't control himself. Butch didn't want to say anything to hurt his brother, he just wanted Brick to be proud of him but...