File 9

-o-o-o-o-o-

A week later...

I was nervous. Why? What if she didn't like my gift? I gave it a lot of thought. "She's going to love it, Percy." I looked up at dad and smiled weakly. Leave it to dad to do the encouraging.

I took a deep breath and walked into the throne room. The door opened and the Olympians were sitting there. None of them looked at our way. Except some of them. Artemis, Apollo, Aunt Hestia, Grandma and Hephaestus waved and smiled at me. I waved back.

Hera looked up and a look flashed across her face before it disappeared just as quickly. Poseidon looked at me but I ignored him. Dad patted my shoulder and I gulped. I walked towards Hera's throne. "Um, Lady Hera?" She looked down. I looked down and blushed slightly. "I made this for you." I gave her a box and she shrunk down to her mortal height.

She looked at me and the box curiously. The entire Olympian council was looking at us. She opened it and gasped when she saw it. She took it out and left the box on the floor. "Perseus...," she trailed off.

"Thank you," I looked up and smiled. She was smiling widely at me. Tears were glistening in the corner of her eyes.

"Happy birthday, Lady Hera," I told her and she smiled even wider. Then, she did the most unexpected thing. She pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back and smiled too. "Thank you, Percy. This is the best gift I have ever received. I never thought anyone would remember," she said. I chuckled.

"Also!" I looked at dad. "Can you turn the room dark?" He nodded his head and snapped his fingers. The throne room was pitch black. I took the peacock from Hera and flipped a switch. It lighted up and the throne room turned into a beautiful mix of red, blue, green and gold. Hera gasped even more. It's not just her. I could hear many gasps from the other Olympians.

Hera hugged me again and thank me over and over again. "Thank you, thank you! This is wonderful!" She exclaimed. I smiled at her. "You remembered my birthday. How? No one does anymore." I saw a flash of sadness from her eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I realised that every year on this very day, you were always down. No one seemed to notice though. So I made a guess," I told her and she smiled at me. She placed a hand on my shoulder. "You're like a son I am never going to have," she told me and smiled brightly at me. I blushed and looked down.

"C-Can I bless you?" What? Why would Hera want to bless me? I don't know whether I should accept. Having more patrons just means more power. "It is all right, you may accept it, son," I looked at dad and he gave me an encouraging smile.

I smiled at Hera once again and nodded my head. She smiled brightly and could practically see her jumping in her steps. She touched my forehead and there was a flash. I closed my eyes to avoid being burnt into ashes. "You now have power over Order. That is part of my domain but nobody knows it. You will be able to control and command anyone so long as they are not a god," she told me. I nodded my head.

And then she smiled at me again. "Thank you, Percy," she said and hugged me. I chuckled and hugged her back before she returned to her throne. She carried the peacock along with her too. She wouldn't let it go and would glare at people who were eyeing it.

I looked at Dad and he was mouthing to me, "Well done." I grinned back at him and my mom was smiling brightly at me.

-o-o-o-o-o-

A/N: EEEEEEE! I'm back. Back in a flash.