14 - The Titan's Curse

- Okay, let me explain. I skipped the sea of monsters because it didn't have much interference with the gods. Like none of them knew much about Percy and I think it's going to be pretty boring. So I skipped it. Sorry :(( -

-o-o-o-o-o-

-Percy POV-

A dozen of girls not older than thirteen but no younger than ten appeared from the woods. Their arrows drawn and ready to aim at the manticore. One of the older archers stepped forward with her bow drawn. She was tall and graceful with coppery coloured skin. Unlike the other girls, she had a silver circlet braided into the top of her long dark hair, so
she looked like some kind of Persian princess. "Permission to kill, my lady?"

I didn't know who she was talking to because she kept her eyes trained on the monster.

"This is not fair! Direct interference! It is against the Ancient Laws!" The manticore wailed.

Another girl, maybe a year younger walked beside her. She had auburn hair gathered back in a ponytail and strange eyes, silvery yellow like the moon. She was beautiful but I didn't find her attractive. She felt like...an aunt. "Not so," she said.

"The hunting of all wild beasts is within my sphere. And you, foul creature, are a wild beast." She looked at the older girl
with the circlet. "Zoe, permission granted."

The manticore growled, "If I cannot have these alive, I shall have them dead!"

He lunged at Thalia and me, knowing we were weak and dazed.

"No!'" Annabeth yelled, and she charged at the monster.

"Get back, half-blood!" the girl with the circlet said. "Get out of the line of fire!" But Annabeth leaped onto the monster's back and drove her knife into his mane. The manticore howled, turning in circles with his tail flailing as Annabeth hung on for dear life.

"Fire!" Zoe ordered.

"No!" I screamed.

But the hunters let the arrows fly. The first caught the manticore in the neck. Another hit his chest. The manticore staggered backward, wailing, "This is not the end, Huntress! You shall pay!" And before anyone could react, the monster, with Annabeth still on his back, leaped over the cliff and tumbled into the darkness.

"Annabeth!" I yelled.

I was about to jump over the cliff to see if she was still there but something pulled me back. I turned around and saw that the girl with auburn hair had stopped me. "What are you doing? You have to save her!" I yelled at her. Her eyes softened slightly. "Percy, she's beyond my help. I am sorry," she said. This kind of threw the girls off.

"You are in no condition to be hurling yourself of cliffs," the auburn hair girl said. I glared at her. "Who do you think you are?" I shouted at her. Zoe's hand twitched. "Percy, look at me." I looked up at her.

"I am Artemis," she said. "Goddess of the Hunt."

-o-o-o-o-o-

She led me into the tent. Turns out, it wasn't a tent. It was like a living room. A really big living room. Spoils of war hung from the wall. Silk rugs covered the floor. Artemis gestured for me to sit down beside her and Bianca. "Do I know you?" I blurted out. Artemis seem to hesitate before sighing. "Hades has said this would happen," she murmured. I was lost.

She flicked her hand and Bianca collapsed on her chair. "What did you do to her?" I stood up and drew riptide. Zoe pulled back her bow ready to shoot at me. Artemis opened her hand and blew a silver dust in my direction. I staggered. My vision blurring slightly. When it cleared I looked up.

"Arty?" She hugged me tightly. "I have missed you, Percy." She was now in her eighteen year form. I hugged her back. "This is him, milady?" Zoe asked. Artemis nodded her head. Zoe lowered her bow but didn't relax. Much.

"Everything is real? I don't remember anything? Not even mom or dad or you?" She caressed my cheek and wiped the tear that escaped from my eye.

"I am sorry, I cannot do much," she said. I smiled at her, "At least for now, I remember." She chuckled and hugged me again.

"Come sit. Tell me what has happen."

-o-o-o-o-o-

"And then he said, 'Soon we shall have the most important monster of all—the one that shall bring about the downfall of Olympus.'" I told her. She stayed still for a moment and thought about it.

"Maybe he was lying," I said.

She shook her head. "No. He was not. I was too slow to see the signs. I will hunt this monster."

Zoe looked like she was trying very hard not to be afraid, but she nodded. "We will leave right away, my lady."

"No, Zoe. I must do this alone."

"But, Artemis—."

"This task is too dangerous even for the Hunters. You know where I must start my search. You cannot go there with me."

"As... as you wish, my lady."

"I will find this creature," Artemis vowed. "And I shall bring it back to Olympus by winter solstice. It will be all the proof I need to convince the Council of the Gods of how much danger we are in."

"You know what the monster is?" I asked.
Artemis gripped her bow. "Let us pray I am wrong."

"Can goddesses pray?" I asked, because I'd never really thought about that.

A smile appeared on her face. "Can you do me a favour, Percy?"

-o-o-o-o-o-

A/N: Hero everyone. I'm currently out of my country so the wifi and data is bad. But for now, it is somewhat good. Here's a chapter. :))

Enjoy this imaginary cookie made by Rick Riordan.