File 10

-o-o-o-o-o-

"So I was thinking," Hades and Persephone both looked at his Son. "Can I go to Camp Halfblood?" He said it so fast they needed some time to process it through before widening their eyes.

Persephone was at first worried but then thought better of it. He could protect himself, so she smiled at him and looked at her husband.

Hades was a different topic. He wanted to immediately reject. It was not that he could not protect himself from other monsters or demigods. In fact, he could trash them within a few minutes, it was the gods he was worried about.

They would obviously start pestering him, especially Poseidon. Hades wanted nothing more than to keep his son safe. Meaning, away from the gods. "Dad, I'll be fine," Percy said after seeing his dad's distress. Hades sighed but nodded his head reluctantly. Percy grinned.

"Thank you!"

"But," Percy slouched down with a sour face. "You can only go there when you're twelve," he said. Percy wanted to protest but saw the look his mother gave him and thought better of it. "Fine," he muttered. Hades smiled satisfied. Persephone chuckled at his son's sour face.

"You should go to bed now. It's almost eleven." Percy nodded his head and retired to his room.

As he lied down on his bed, he couldn't wait for the time to come when he went to camp half-blood. He was sure he was going to make a lot of friends. He smiled at that thought and drifted off to sleep.

-o-o-o-o-o-

Percy woke up to a layer of saliva on his face. "Mrs O'Leary!" The hell hound barked happily in reply. Percy chuckled.

"Morning sweetheart." he looked up and saw his mother carrying a stack of pancakes. And guess what? It was blue. Percy's eyes shined with happiness. Persephone sat down on his bed and placed his food on his bed. "What's this for?" He asked curiously. Persephone smiled at him.

"Did you forget?"

Percy was lost. What's so special about today? "It's your birthday," Persephone answered. Percy facepalmed. He forgot his own birthday. Well done, Percy. He told himself. "Thanks, Mom," He said and kissed her cheek. She smiled brightly and watched him eat. "Chew slower! Don't need to rush." he nodded his head and continued eating.

"Morning Percy."

"Morning Dad." They hugged and Percy sat down on the couch. "We got a present for you," he said and passed Percy a box. It was heavy. That was all Percy could figure out. He tore open the wrapper quickly and gently. There was a black box. Percy raised an eyebrow but his parents smiled at him.

When he opened the box, he couldn't believe it. "I-I, huh? What?" He was in a state of shock and happiness.

"Since you have been bugging us about getting you one, well, we got you one," on Percy's lap was a camera. He loved photography but he didn't have a camera but now, he finally had one. He couldn't wipe that grin off his face.

"And," Persephone took out three tickets and waved it in the air. "No way." Percy walked over after placing his new camera down gently. He took the ticket from her hands. "We're going to New Zealand?" Hades nodded his head. Percy jumped up in excitement.

"Is Aunt Hestia coming along?" Hades smiled and nodded his head. "Arty? Apollo? Hermes? Aunt Hera? Grandma?" Hades laughed as his son fired questions rapidly at them.

"Yes. They are all coming too," Percy's eyes lit up really bright.

"YES!"

Just then, Mrs O'Leary and Selena came in. He excitedly skip towards them. "Mrs O'Leary! Selena! We're going to New Zealand!" The hellhound jumped up and down barking with joy while the Phoenix flew around him. Hades and Persephone smiled fondly at their interaction.

"We're going New Zealand!"

-o-o-o-o-o-

A/N: Here's a cookie.