We ALWAYS stay in control!

Matt's POV:

I run with Singe down the hallway as fast as we can. This hallway seems endless. No doors. No opportunities to hide. But we still run. Hoping for a way to escape. But we are getting more and more tired.  If we don't find something to rest, this situation can end in a very bad ending.

After a lot of meters we reach the end of the hallway, but there's no door. We are at a dead end. We turn around and see Dark sprinting towards us. 

"What do we do?!" Singe yells panicly. I feel cold air coming from the top  my of the ceiling. I look up and see an entrance to the vents. Singe notices the vent too.

"Quick! Climb on my shoulders!" I yell as I see Dark coming closer and closer. Singe doesn't wait long and climbs on my shoulders and drags herself up in the vent. As soon as she's in the vent she reachs out her hand to grab me.

"Come on Matt! Hurry!" she yells and I grab her hand. I hear Dark shouting under me. I drag myself up in the vent. Only my ankle peeks out of it. Before I can drag it into the vent I feel a grip around my ankle that drags me down. 

"Where do you think you're going?!" Dark yells at me and forcefully tries to drag me out of the vent. Singe pulls me at my arm to drag me to her. But Dark is clearly strong than she is. I slip more and more out of the vent. My leg is already out of it. Then I have an idea. I've seen that trick in a lot of movies. I kick with my leg with full power where I think Dark is standing. As I hear a deep groan the grip around my ankle disappears and I crawl into the vent. 

"YOU LITTLE BASTARD!" Dark yells behind me with a clearly angry and aggresive tone. But I ignore him and we crawl further through the vent. 

"I clearly hit him." I say to Singe as I look behind me. Dark doesn't follow us, I don't know if I should be happy or worried about that. 

"Yep, and obviously he didn't like it." she say with a little smile. I don't know why but I forcefully need to hold back a laughter. Also when we are in a bad situation, this answer from her cheered me up a lot. 

After some minutes Singe stops in front of me. I didn't see that coming and bump straight into her.

"What's wrong?" I ask her and look over her to look what's in front of her. But there's only an exit of the vents. Nothing more.

"Why does everything have a dead end?" I say annoyed and roll my eyes. I mean, always when we need a way out, we only meet dead ends.

"Well, it seems that we need to get through the exit. If we stay here, Dark will find us." Singe says to me. She's right. Dark saw where we went. It doesn't take him long to find us. It's his hideout afterall. 

She slowly climbs out of the vent and jumps down. I follow her as fast as I can. I jump out of the vent and look around the room. The room is filled with weapons. Knifes and axes are hanging on the wall. Some chairs are standing in the middle of the room. That is obviously a room to torture people. 

"D-Do you think that they wanted to use them on us?" she asks nervously. She clearly is scared. But how could I blame her. I'm scared too. More than she probably thinks.

"Maybe, but I'm glad that they didn't." I reply. I wonder what they would have done to us with all this stuff. I go close to investigate them and pick up a big knife. Pure Metal, as expected. I turn to Singe, she's also analizing the tools.

"It seems that you like my little collection of toys." we hear a voice echoing through the room. We immediatly turn in the direction of where we think that we heard the voice, but there's nobody. Singe slowly comes closer to me. I still have the knife in my hand. If he attacks us, I will use it.