chapter eight

"This is so cliché, but can I kiss you?"

Ring. Ring. Ring.

'Just my fucking luck.'

"Damn it," Chaeyoung curses, sitting up completely with Jennie still in her lap. "Sorry," she pulls out her phone from her back pocket and swipes to answer the call. Jennie's shoulders slump, missing out on her big moment. Her arms drop onto Chaeyoung's shoulders and her hands wrap around her neck as she listens to Chaeyoung's conversation. "Hello?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Chaeyoungie where are you?" She hears a drunken Felix screaming down the phone. "Everyone's gone and I miss you!"

"Oh, my God I'm gonna kill you one of these days," Chaeyoung mutters.

"What did you say I can't hear you?"

"There's no music on what do you mean you can't hear me?" She rolls her eyes.

"Come home Chaengie, we miss you!" He replies, slurring his words.

"Can you ask where Lisa and Jisoo are?" Jennie asks, and Chaeyoung nods back at her.

"Felix, where are Lisa and Jisoo?"

"They went home and Jisoo told me to tell Jennie, and quote, 'don't come back to the hotel, get laid. And tell Chaeyoung her party was lit,'" Felix says in a high pitched tone, attempting to sound like Jisoo.

Chaeyoung blushes and looks up at Jennie with a small smile, embarrassed by what the boy had just said. "They went back to the hotel," she tells the girl on top of her. "Thank you Felix," Chaeyoung says. "Go to bed Felix, I'll be home soon."

"Okay, I love you, Chaeng!" He replies, still sounding overly drunk. "And don't forget to bring Jennie home."

"I love you too. Goodbye Felix," Chaeyoung replies, sighing, and hanging up the phone. "I'm sorry," she wraps her arms around Jennie's waist and lays the side of her head on her boobs. Jennie wraps her arms tighter around the younger girl's neck and rests her chin on Chaeyoung head, her fingers fiddling with the ends of her red hair.

"It's okay," Jennie says, sighing. She kisses the top of Chaeyoung's head, feeling incredibly comfortable in her arms. She puffs her cheeks out, still quite upset at what had just happened. She reaches into her pocket, as Chaeyoung unconsciously rocks them a little bit, and pulls out her phone. "Damn it," she groans, hitting her phone against her hand in annoyance.

"What?" Chaeyoung lifts her head out of Jennie's cleavage - 'this is such a gay position, Chaeng' - and looks up at the older girl. "What's wrong, baby?" She asks, the 'baby' slipping out naturally. They both blush at the small intimate comment.

Trying to brush off the moment that just occurred, Jennies panics and starts shaking her phone around, avoiding eye contact with Chaeyoung at all costs.

"What happened?" Chaeyoung asks again, taking Jennie's phone out of her hand. When she does, she's surprised to find water pouring out of it. "Shit," she pushes the power button to try and turn it on, and believe it or not it doesn't turn on. "I'm sorry," she looks back up at Jennie, pouting, giving the phone back.

"Why?"

"I broke your phone," Chaeyoung says, looking down at her lap, too embarrassed to look up at the older phone. "I shouldn't have thrown you in the water, sorry."

"Hey," Jennie lifts up Chaeyoung's pouty face. "It's okay," she smiles softly.

"I'll buy you a new one tomorrow."

"You really don't have to," Jennie tells the younger girl.

"No, I broke it, I'll pay for a new one. I'll even treat you to a new phone case," Chaeyoung says, leaning back on her arms, sending a wink Jennie's way. Jennie sighs, her shoulders slumping.