chapter ten

Jennie wakes up to the sweet, sweet smell of pancakes, and 'Is that bacon?' She sits up and sniffs harder. 'Bacon and pancakes,' she smiles to herself and lies back down, leaning over to check her phone. No missed calls or texts, just how she likes it. Sighing, she puts her phone back down and rolls over to the other side of the bed, which is empty, which means Chaeyoung is cooking.

She looks out of the window to see the beautiful view. Blue ocean and a sandy beach, peace and quiet. There's only one other thing she can think of that's more beautiful than this. Or, one other person more like.

'This is the life,' she sits up again and stretches, just as the girl who was missing from the bed walks in holding one plate. "Good morning," the younger girl says, sitting down in the middle of the bed, opposite Jennie. "There's only one plate left, I'll have to do some washing up."

The younger girl hands Jennie a set of cutlery, their hands accidentally brushing against one another's. Jennie flicks her eyes up to look at the red haired girl, and a soft smile resonates on her face as she watches Chaeyoung cut up her own pancake and start to eat it.

Jennie doesn't enjoy the awkwardness that's between them. She doesn't enjoy the fact that they sleep on opposite ends of the bed. And she sure as hell doesn't enjoy that their kisses and touches are filled not with passion, but awkward tension. 'Even angry tension would be better... That'd be quite hot actually. Maybe then I could actually get some. Awkward tension just leaves me high and dry.'

And it's not like they can just stop making out or kissing or even touching each other, it's like they're two opposing magnets. They can't stop the attachment they have to each other.

If only Chaeyoung hadn't asked that stupid question.

"Why are you staring at me?" Chaeyoung lifts her head to Jennie, who still has a dopey smile on her face from watching Chaeyoung fill her chipmunk cheeks with food. The older girls shakes her head, flustered, and cuts off a corner of her own pancake. "I don't mind," Chaeyoung uses her index finger to lift Jennie's chin, sporting a grin.

Jennie looks at Chaeyoung again, slowly chewing the pancake, showing off her dumpling-like cheeks.

"Your cheeks are so cute," Chaeyoung lifts her hand to pinch the older girl's cheek, earning her a glare from Jennie. "Smile for me," she says softly. Jennie furrows her brows and tries to keep a stern face. "Please? I haven't seen you smile for ages."

'That's because I don't know if I can smile around you,' Jennie thinks. 'I want to though, I promise.'

"Jennie," Chaeyoung sighs, letting go of Jennie's chubby cheek and dropping her fork back on the plate. "I don't want this anymore."

"W-what?" Jennie panics, her eyes widening and her fork falling out of her hand. 'I mean I don't know if I want a relationship, but I still want this, I still want her.'

"No, I mean. I don't want things to be awkward anymore," Chaeyoung explains herself.

"Oh thank God," Jennie lets out her held breath out of relief.

"I get that you don't want a relationship, and I don't want to lose what we have here," Chaeyoung says to Jennie softly. "Can we just forget what I said that morning and enjoy Hawaii?"

And so Jennie smiles at the younger girl. She lifts her hand and cups Chaeyoung's face, bringing her down to her own level. "I would like that," she whispers with a smirk on her face, leaning closer to Chaeyoung so that their lips are brushing over each other's. She licks her own lips teasingly, and bites her bottom lip, which makes Chaeyoung blush.