Fight Night

As it usually went her grandmother was right. That date was one of the best nights she'd ever had. They talked about everything and nothing. They had closed the restaurant without even realizing the time.

That was a few months ago and Anni felt like she was in a dream. She had finally gotten everything legal and now drove herself in her new car. Leland had helped her pick it out.

It was a custom BMW and Beth had already hinted to Dog more than once that she wanted one

It was a custom BMW and Beth had already hinted to Dog more than once that she wanted one. She had laughed when Dog had turned to her and asked if she was trying to bankrupt him. She knew Beth would have the car by Christmas. What Beth wanted Beth hot and that made everyone happy.

Today was a special case though. She felt excitement from Leland the minute he walked in the door. He walked into her office giving her a good morning kiss. "Hey baby." He said with a grin. She sat back in her chair and looked at him.

"What do you have planned Leland Blane?" She asked laughingly. He scoffed. "You've been hanging with Beth too much. I'm not up to anything." She just stared at him a moment. "Ok, then I guess you don't need my help." He gaped for a moment. She saw when he gave in and grinned.

He sat on the edge of the desk facing her. "Ok, so you remember how I told you one of the kids I train has a fight tonight on the Big Island?" She nodded, he had told her that a few days ago so proud of his student. "Well I got a call last night. Seems the opponent for the main event is one of our revoked bonds." She saw where this was going.

"So you and I'm sure Duane Lee are going to try convincing your parents that this is work and to let you go this morning." He knew better than to be surprised. Not only was she psychic to a point but she also had amazing instinct. Leland nodded happily. "The only part you missed is where I ask you to come with us."

That did shock her slightly. He wanted her to go on a bounty? Her skeptical look must have shown because he cleared up a few details. "It's a free day on the big island the fights aren't until 9pm. We're gonna have the cops on standbys it should be just grabbing him and handing him off. No real danger involved." Anni hesitated but eventually nodded feeling this was the right thing to do.

Duane Lee chose that moment to walk in and made a beeline for his brother. "You got the tickets?" He asked. "You guys get to tickets to the fight and leave the travel to me." She told them. "She knows?" Duane Lee asked pointing to her. "Man, she's my girlfriend I can't lie to her. Plus, she's willing to help us with Dad and Beth. They like her more than they do us." Duane Lee laughed, "True enough."

After much back and forth, mostly with Beth they finally made it to the car to head to the fights. Beth had been hesitant when it was the boys but almost had a fit when they said they wanted to take her surrogate daughter as well. It was Leland asking her is she thought he would ever put her in danger that won their case.

She told them to get in her car and she would drive to the airport. Duane Lee made a few snide remarks about driving in a pink car. It was all in good fun though. She parked the car in overnight parking and grabbed her go bag she always kept in the car. A trick she had learned from her new family. It had a change of clothes and small amounts of all her necessities including some cash.

They got out of the car and headed into the airport. "Alright, what airline miss secrets?" Leland asked. He hadn't wanted to let her buy anything but when she pointed out how much he bought he finally relented. "This way." She said pointing toward and executive hallway. The guys followed her skeptically. "Are you sure we're allowed back here?" Duane Lee asked worriedly. She laughed. "Positive."

They came to a desk with a very professional looking woman behind it. "Miss Spera, it's lovely to meet you." The woman said standing. She shook their hands as a man walked up to the desk. "Miss Spera, May I introduce you to your captain today, Timothy." Anni stepped up and shook the mans hand. "You came highly recommended, sir. It's a pleasure." Leland could see the man was charmed.

"You got us a plane?!" Duane Lee asked putting everything together. She smiled. "Not quite, but I did charter one for our trip. Large groups in confined spaces don't mix well with myself or my grandmother so we usually charter." The guys nodded now understanding her point.

Duane Lee was like a kid when he saw the interior of their charter plane.

Leland called their dad to tell them they were safely on their way. He might have left out the private plane.

When they landed they grabbed a taxi and went straight to where the fights were to be held that night. Leland glowed as he walked around the grounds. She could hear his love for the sport in every word. Leland was a born protector and he was in his element.

Leland would be a working the corner for his fighter. He checked in with the rest of his group. They confirmed their bounty had been there. They spoke to security and the on site policeman about what was going to go down. They made a plan that Anni would stay until the main event was announced then she would wait in the car that was bringing them to the jail.

She was never really one for blood sports, but Leland's excitement was infectious. Each fight he would explain what was happening and yell encouragements. Leland was worried because their man hadn't checked in for the fight yet. He had been seen at the hotel but hadn't made it the the matches yet.

As the main event was called Leland stood and gave her a kiss. "Don't get out of the car." He stressed. "I won't." Duane Lee quickly walked her to the car and made sure she was safely inside before going back to help his brother. She knew when they must have stopped the fight because she could hear the screaming and booing.

She saw Leland hand the man over to the cops. He wasn't resisting but his family was making quite the riot. She looked at the man they came for and the woman kissing him goodbye. An image flashed before her. The same man with a small bundle of pink in his arms. The woman smiling proudly at them both. This man had a beautiful future ahead of him if he chose it.

She unlocked the doors quickly letting the guys in before his family tried anything. Leland was full of adrenaline and couldn't stop grinning. His fighter had lost but they had gotten their bounty. "I wanna bail him back out." He stated to the car. "He's a good man that made a stupid choice. The community needs him." He continued.

Anni smiled at how intuitive Leland was. He has his own built in value meter. This man was worth the risk. He looked to her for her opinion. "His girlfriend is pregnant. I don't know if they even know yet but it's a girl. If he makes the right choices he had the motivation to stay straight." Leland was as always amazed by his girlfriend. Everyday he saw more and more how much she was a gift from God.

He thought she might have been hand picked just for him.