༻ 20, Snow white lilies ༺

ROSE'S POV

From my beautiful dreams the cheerful chirping of birds woke me up which also meant that the night storm was over. As I slowly opened my eyes a huge smile appeared on my face, since I was still lying between Connor's arms. I didn't want to interrupt the perfect moment, so I closed my eyes again, listening to the comforting beating of his heart.

"I know you're awake, Rose..." Connor's gentle voice broke the perfect silence. My smile grew even wider as I glanced up at his face.

"Nothing can remain a secret for a detective, right?" I asked in a joking tone, then buried my face into the crook of his neck again.

"How did you sleep?"

"Honestly? Perfectly, thanks to you..." I admitted with total sincerity.

"Really?"

"Mhm..."

"In this case, I must insist on staying with you every night." he replied in a playful tone, making me look up at him again.

"But I have one condition..." I teased my partner who was wearing only a graphite grey t-shirt and the CyberLife's standard black boxer shorts. 'Excuse me, Rose, but when did you check his boxer shorts?' "If we're at home, then don't wear that CyberLife jacket. When you don's have the blue neon armband on your upper arm and the lighting triangle on your chest, then you look much more... Human... Just like now..."

"As you wish, Rose..." he accepted my offer with a smile on his face. A brief moment later Connor adjusted the locks of my golden brown hair behind my ear, then pulled me into a tight embrace again.

"By the way, I think it was unnecessary to ask you about your biocomponents." I said, enjoying every moments of his embrace. To be honest, I wanted to stay in bed with Connor for the rest of my life. "With time, I would have received the answer anyway..." as the words left my mouth I glanced up at him one more time.

"I'm not sure I understand... Could you explain?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Ah, nothing... Just, ya know... You are a man and it's morning. Figure out the rest of it yourself, Sherlock..." I replied with a flirty smile, then I turned over and sat up on the edge of the bed. I picked up my phone from the nightstand and glanced at its screen. October 17th – 09:53... The seventeenth day of October... A day that awakens so much memory in me... After a few minutes I finally climbed out of bed, grabbed my towel, then went straight to the bathroom to take a refreshing hot shower. Stepping out of the shower cabin I wrapped the towel around my body and returned to the bedroom. I quickly got dressed into my roses-covered dress, picked up my jewelry, made my usual makeup and finally brushed my long hair. As I was walking down on the stairs suddenly I inhaled some familiar scent. Needless to say, while I was in the bathroom, Connor took possession of the kitchen again.

"Just in time..." my partner spoke up with a huge smile on his face as soon as I sat down at the dining table, then he served my breakfast. "Enjoy your meal!"

"Thank you, Connor!" I answered gratefully, then I started eating the delicious American pancakes and the fresh strawberries. "Later I'll go to Greektown..." I informed him as I picked up my mug which this time was filled with sweet strawberry tea. "Do you want to come with me?"

"I'd be pleased to accompany you." his answered, while he was stroking Shasta in the living room. They loved each other and this fact was very obvious. "May I ask where are we going exactly?"

"First we visit The Enchanted Florist flower store, then we go to the graveyard..." I said, then I went to the kitchen counter and put the plate, the fork and the mug into the dishwasher... Soon after, we were already sitting in the Ranger. Connor insisted to be the driver, so I could enjoy the long ride which was made perfect by the melodic songs on the radio. I deepened in my thoughts, staring at the lively downtown life through the window, but then the car suddenly stopped.