༻ 65, Tears of joy ༺

ROSE'S POV

Four weeks already... Four painful weeks passed, but Connor still didn't wake up. I was crying almost every night. Thousands of tears escaped from my heart. I was heartbroken... 'Be strong... And I promise, I'm gonna return to you...' I was sitting in the living room of the luxurious villa with Genesis and Cameron, talking about about different things, mainly about Jericho. To be honest, I really liked them. Cameron was a confident and charismatic personality and in his eyes her lover was the most precious treasure., while Genesis was a sweet and innocent girl who saw the good things in everyone. I learned a lot of things about them. For example, they both love the romantic movies, Genesis afraid of weapons and Cameron wants to adopt an ash grey Maine Coon cat. I envied them... They were happy. They were smiling. But most importantly, they were together...

"Rose..." Genesis' whisper broke the silence. Her voice was like the cheerful song of the nightingales in the spring wind. Beautiful and gentle.

"Yes?"

"You lost in your thoughts..." she reminded me with a smile. Genesis was right, since I had no idea what we were talking about in the last few minutes. I was trying to concentrate, but I couldn't.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I'm just..."

"It's okay. I know..." of course, she knew, just like Cameron. They knew how weak and vulnerable I was. They knew that I couldn't get rid of the agonizing thoughts and the painful memories. And they knew that my heart shattered into thousands of tiny shards.

"Well..." I continued our conversation as soon as I returned into reality. "What 's the good news you mentioned earlier?"

"Today I officially became a member of the representative board." Genesis answered with an honest smile on her face.

"Seriously? That's great! Heartiest congratulations, Genesis!"

"Thank you, Rose! I'm glad that finally I have the opportunity to fight for our rights with peaceful methods." she said proudly, holding Cameron's hand. "I'm looking forward to meet in person with President Cristina Warren."

"Who are the others? You, Markus, Josh... And?"

"Grace, a WR400. And Jerry, an EM400."

"And what about you, Cameron?" I asked him with curiosity.

"If it's possible, I would like to join the DPD. Originally, I was designed to be a detective and assist humans to investigate cases, so..."

"I'm sure that Captain Fowler will accept your request immediately. You have excellent abilities and Hank need some help. Especially now, because Connor and I are passive." I said as a smile appeared on Cameron's face. Hank also liked Cameron, so I was sure that they could work together. "By the way... If you want, then we could be partners in the future. What do you say?"

"I like the idea. You and I would deal with the android cases, while Hank and my brother could stay in the homicide division."

"Yeah, that's a good idea. It would be great! I would really appreciate if Cameron would get a reliable and talented partner." Genesis added as with Cameron they smiled at each other, then a few minutes later the time has come to say goodbye. Once my friends left the villa I walked to the kitchen, made a mug of hot raspberry tea and finally I returned to Connor. As I was holding his hand and looking at his peaceful face the happy memories revived in me. The ice skating on frozen Lake Michigan, our first Christmas in New York, the starry nights on the coast of Kauai... Our first meeting, our first dance, or first kiss... Crystal clear tears appeared in my eyes, making my vision blurry. Finally, I broke the seemingly endless silence...