༻ 57, Crystal flowers ༺

ROSE'S POV

The first morning of the New Year has arrived... The birds of the island were cheerfully chirping on the sky, while the fresh air was filled with the sweet smells of strawberry and chocolate. Once I opened my eyes I glanced at my hand on the soft pillow. My engagement ring was sparkling brightly in the morning sunshine. It was so beautiful... After the pleasant awakening I climbed out of the bed, put my lace-edged white tunic on, made my usual makeup and brushed my long hair. I took a last glance at myself in the oval mirror, then finally I went downstairs, but as I was walking down on the stairs I heard Connor's voice in the distance.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms... Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song..." an honest smile spread across my face as I entered the kitchen. As I expected, he was standing in front of the stove, making some strawberry waffles. "I have faith in what I see... Now I know I have met an angel in person... And she looks perfect... I don't deserve this... You look perfect tonight..." for a brief moment everything went silent, then finally Connor glanced at me with a smile. "Good morning, Rose! I hope you slept well."

"Good morning to you too! And yes, I slept so great."

"Here you go! Strawberry waffles with whipped cream and chocolate syrup." he informed me as he placed the plate on the dining table.

"It smells amazing. Thank you, Connor!" I thanked him the breakfast, then started eating.

"If you'd like, later we can visit the reef again, but remember that we have to be at the airport at six o'clock in the evening."

"Oh, yeah! I totally forgot that we'll go home today..." I replied with a small chuckle as Connor poured some fresh mineral water into the glass. Although, I loved the island, but I missed Detroit and our home, so I didn't mind going home to Michigan. Once I finished my breakfast we sat down on the couch, then I glanced at my ring, but suddenly a question came to my mind. "Connor... Can I ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything, my love."

"Why... Why did you choose the ring designed by Lily?" I asked him curiously, while I was admiring the shining jewelry. I remembered every tiny detail of the sketch, because this beautiful sapphire ring was one of Lily's latest works. To be honest, this sapphire ring was one of my favorite from her jewels.

"Because I know how much you loved your sister and... And I wanted her to be part of one of the most important moments of your life." Connor admitted. Meanwhile, my lips curled into a smile as a fresh teardrop was flowing down my cheek.

"Thank you..." taking Connor's advice, we visited the reef one more time in the early afternoon, later we packed into our suitcases, took a cruise to get to the Oahu Island and finally at eleven o'clock in the night we were already on our way to home. This time we had a transfer in Denver and on the next afternoon we arrived to Detroit. Once we checked out of the airport we put our suitcases into the trunk of the Ranger, then finally we hopped into the car and headed to my uncle's house.

"Hey! Welcome home, love birds!" Hank greeted us with a huge smile as soon as he opened the door, then we entered his house. "I hope you enjoyed the vacation."

"Yeah! We enjoyed every minute of it." I replied without hesitation. "Hawaii is really a wonderful place, so we have a lot of stories to tell you. Oh and we brought something for you..." I added as Connor handed him his souvenirs. Of course, Hank immediately put them on.

"So? How do I look?" my uncle asked us, wearing his Hawaiian shirt and a plumeria garland.

"You look great, Hank!" Connor answered, while were laughing. It seemed that Hank really loved the turtle patterned dark blue shirt. And that pink plumeria garland around his neck... "Do you like it?"