༻ 54, Decision ༺

CONNOR'S POV

The sun was already shining through the curtains when I opened my eyes, then I instantly glanced at Rose who was sleeping in my arms. She was so beautiful... Innocent and peaceful... 'My Rosalie...' As I adjusted the tangled locks of her hair behind her ear a tiny smile appeared on her face. I didn't want to wake her up, so I carefully turned her over to her other side, then pulled the plush blanket over her naked shoulder to keep her warm. I got dressed, put some wood on the fire, then finally I went to the kitchen and made some blueberry pancakes. However, I was lost in my thoughts. I could only think about Rose. Her beautiful moss green eyes, her cheerful laugh, her sincere smile, her silky lips, her sweet vanilla scent... Moments later I remembered a memory about the first night we spent in New York...

It was almost nine o'clock when we decided that the time has come to finish the day. Hank was already sleeping, while Rose was helping her mother in the kitchen. Mary was cleaning the plates and Rose was wiping the glasses and talking about the day. Meanwhile, I placed Rose's gifts under the Christmas tree, stroked the dogs, then I was about to return to our room, but then Rose's sweet voice broke the silence.

"Connor is special to me..." she said. Although, I couldn't see her, but I felt in her voice that she was smiling. "He is the man who makes me happy... And he is the man who I want to make happy... I love him... More than anything in the world..." an honest smile appeared on my face, while my synthetic heart was pounding strongly in my chest. Finally, I returned to our room, then as soon as I stepped out to the balcony I started admiring the Chrysler building. "I love this view..." Rose said as she joined me on the balcony, then slipped her hands into the pockets of her warm cardigan. We were staring at the city for a while, then finally she glanced at me. "What are you thinking about?"

"About how lucky and happy I am."

From my deep thoughts Rose's voice pulled me back into reality.

"Morning, Connor!" she greeted me with a smile, entering the kitchen, wearing her black satin robe. Her hair was tangled, but in my eyes she was beautiful, as always.

"Good morning, Rose! How did you sleep?" I asked her, returning her smile, but as soon as I wrapped my arms around her waist a tiny hiss escaped from her mouth. She tried to hide, but I saw that she is in pain. "Please, forgive me! I was too rough last night. I should have stopped..." I apologized, looking at her face with worry, but she was still smiling.

"I'm fine, Connor! I really am!" she reassured me, then gently stroked my face. "I'm a bit sensitive, but... As the time passes the pain will fade away." I remained silent once I let out a deep sigh. 'Why she can't be mad at me?' "What are you making?"

"Your favorite. American blueberry pancakes, just the way you like it."

"With maple syrup?"

"Of course, my love." I relied with a smile and finally kissed her. "Go and take a shower. Until then, I'll serve your breakfast."

"Thank you!" she replied. Once Rose left the kitchen I turned back to the stove and continued baking. As I placed some fresh blueberries on the plate I lost in my thoughts again, recalling the last morning we spent in New York...

When I woke up Rose was still sleeping next to me. I wasn't surprised, since our previous day was long and exhausting. I decided to make something delicious for the others, so I climbed out of the bed, got dressed, then went to the kitchen. I knew that Hank doesn't really like pancakes, so I chose the fried eggs with bacon. I was about to take out the bacon from the fridge when someone joined me in the kitchen.