༻ 62, I won't let you die ༺

3rd PERSON'S POV

Meanwhile, the 10th floor became a battlefield. CyberLife has sent all the rest of its forces to kill the intruders, but they didn't succeed. What's more, many of them died during the fight. Fortunately, only a few guards remained in the tower, but CyberLife was still in a dominant position. A short time later Markus and the others successfully hid from the guards in one of the empty rooms, so they got an opportunity to reload their weapons, but then a familiar voice broke the silence on the other side of the door.

"Agent 41! Where are the intruders?" Amanda asked one of the security guards angrily as her steps were echoing on the corridor.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Stern, but... We lost them."

"What did you just say?"

"B-but we'll find them soon. I promise!"

"I don't need your pathetic promises... Find them! THAT'S AN ORDER! And block the sectors B and D." she said in a loud voice, then went silent for a brief moment. "We don't know exactly who attacked us, but I have a suspicion..." she added, then finally they left the corridor.

"Whether you like it or not, but we have to split up." Markus spoke up in a whisper as he reloaded his pistol.

"That's too dangerous!" Hank warned him with worry in his voice. "If we split up th-"

"I know, Lieutenant, but we need to buy more time for the others. Josh and I find the control room. We switch back the elevators and deactivate the door locks. If we're lucky, then we can hijack the security system too."

"Markus! According to the blueprints, the control room is at the top of the tower." the lieutenant protested.

"Yes, the main control room, but there is a secondary control room on this floor." Josh explained as he pulled out the blueprints of the tower from his backpack, then showed it to the others. "Here... The room 34A..." meanwhile, Markus tried to contact with Connor through telepathy, but there was no response. He didn't know why, since there were two options. The first that their friends successfully woke Connor up, while the second that they got killed.

"Shit..."

"Is something wrong, Markus?"

"I don't know. Maybe..." he admitted honestly, then deepened in his thoughts. "North! Take Lieutenant Anderson and Simon. Go and join the other. Now!"

"Okay, but be very careful!"

"You too!" and with that the team split up. They had to hurry. Every minute and second counted... As the time was passing, North, Hank and Simon were getting closer to the 42nd floor, but when they reached the 21st floor...

"CONNOR!" Hank shouted in panic as soon as he saw the RK800's lifeless body, then he ran to him without hesitation. As he kneeled down to him the thirium soaked his jeans. The man didn't care that everything was covered with blue blood and he didn't care that Connor's LED wasn't shining anymore. "Connor... Can you hear me? Connor!"

"It's too late, Lieutenant..." North whispered as she placed one of her hands on Hank's shoulder, hoping to calm him down. "He lost too much thirium, but it doesn't matter anymore... This was just a synthetic body..." she explained, kneeling down next to the lieutenant, then finally they looked at each other. "Connor is still alive! And I'm sure that Rose and Mr Kamski have already found him."

"You're right..." Hank answered with tears in his eyes. "I'm... I just..."

"And what if the real Connor is dead?" Simon spoke up. At that moment North glanced at him as if she was serial killer.