༻ 52, Surrounded by love ༺

ROSE'S POV

On Christmas morning the pleasant scents of the holiday woke me up. Pine, orange, cinnamon, ginger, coffee, vanilla and anise... Everything was perfect. Everything...

"Wake up, my love..." Connor whispered, then pressed his lips against my neck as he wrapped his arm around my waist, making me smile.

"Mmm... I'm awake." I replied in a sleepy voice, then I felt his silky lips again. "Hey~ You know I'm ticklish." I reminded him with a chuckle, while his fingers were gently stroking my skin under my night dress. "This will be the first Christmas of your life. Are you excited?"

"Very much..."

"I'm talking about Christmas excitement, you silly, not about sexual excitement..." I added with another chuckle, then finally my gaze met his chocolate brown eyes.

"I know. And my answer is yes. By the way, your scent is wonderful..."

"Vanilla, as always..." I answered with a smile, then suddenly someone knocked on the door. "Yes?"

"The breakfast is ready~"

"Thanks, Mom! We'll be right there, just give us a few more minutes."

"Okay~" she said, then everything went silent. In the following minutes we were still cuddling in the soft and warm bed, then finally we decided to start the day.

"Well... Are you ready for our first Christmas?" I asked Connor as I put my beige cardigan on with a happy smile on my face.

"Yes, Rose!" he answered firmly, gently grabbing my hand. Seconds later we went to to living room and joined the others. My mother and Hank were sitting at the dining table, while the dogs were playing on the carpet.

"Good morning!" we greeted them, then sat down at the table. "Ahhh, amazing smells!"

"That amazing smell is my Irish coffee..." Hank stated, smiling at us as I poured some hot tea into my mug, then my uncle handed me a plate. Everything was on it what I could only imagine for a perfect Christmas breakfast. "Here you go, kid! Fried eggs, smoked bacon, toast and raspberry jam..."

"Thanks, Hank!" I replied, then started eating. It was nine o'clock when the moment I was waiting for days has finally arrived. The gift giving... 

My mother sat down on the couch with Luna, while Hank chose the armchair

My mother sat down on the couch with Luna, while Hank chose the armchair. Connor and I decided to sit on the fluffy carpet next to the Christmas tree, so finally we started exchanging gifts. As every year, I gave the first gift. "Merry Christmas, Mom!" I said with a smile, then I handed her a wrapped box. She instantly started to shake it, hoping to find out what's in it. "Mooom~ " seconds later my mother successfully opened the box.