Chapter 1

Hey guys! This was the 12th fanfiction that I wrote. I like to believe I've developed and learned new things throughout writing all those stories, so the newer they are, the better grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary they have. Thanks for being with me! xx, Lotta.

...

Betty

My bed is soft, my duvet is warm and fluffy just like my pillow. The headboard is made of wood and painted black as most of the things in my room, but the sheets are pink. I like to have a little contrast in my room. Everything's either black or pink. Some things are white or blue or something different of course, but most of it is still black. Just like my wardrobe; leather, blue broken jeans always, black tights, some flannels, crop tops, high-heeled boots, sneakers. Not that I could see any of those things right now. I can only see the boxes. The annoying brown boxes, ready to roll away with me from my childhood home. To another home, another people, another school.
My parents got divorced a month ago. Why? Reasons. That's what I'm going to tell everybody who is gonna ask. Why are you in Riverdale? Reasons. Why do you wear clothes like this? Reasons. Why did your mom decide to move back? Reasons.
Today's the day. We're leaving. Me, my mom, my three sisters and my brother. Since dad doesn't live with us anymore, we don't have that much money. Why to pay for this huge apartment if my mom owns her childhood home in a small down on the East coast, two hours from New York, called Riverdale. My answer was pretty simple, when she asked me if I'd be okay with moving. If dad's not coming. That's what I said. She sighed after that and smiled at me sadly. Then she asked the others. Millie, my two year old sister, said yes. I'm pretty sure she had no idea what she was even talking about. Kelly said no. Of course it was a no on her case. She's gonna miss her friends. Kevin said that if there are cute guys, he'll go. He's gay and I know how cheesy it sounds if I tell you he's my best friend, but he is. One of them. Polly said no. Friends, again. Collie. No one asked her. What could she answer, bark?
I hear tiny feet pattering against the floor, running into my room. I chuckle and look at Millie as she manages to climb into my bed. "Hi," she whispers with her cute baby voice, seeing that I'm awake.
"Hi," I whisper back the same way and let her climb under the duvet, next to me. She lies down, my arm around her whole body. She smiles and closes her eyes, knowing I sleep for a long time. I chuckle and kiss her soft blonde hair that we all have. I feel Collie licking my toes so I wiggle them, which makes her stop, because she always gets scared.
"Girls," I hear my mom's voice and then a quiet knock on my now opened door. I sigh and look at her. She smiles at the sight and comes to sit on the edge of my bed. "We need to start moving in an hour, honey. Is everything packed?" she asks with her usual soft voice that she talks to me with. Well... when she's not mad at me. Which is like fifty percent of the time.
"I will still get my own room, right?" I ask instead.
She nods. "I think you'll take my old one. It's black, so I think you'll like it the most."
I smile. "And on which floor?"
"Actually... I know it might sound weird for you maybe, but it's on the attic. Well, it is the whole third floor."
My face lights up and my eyes start sparkling probably. "I can get my own floor?"
She chuckles. "It's a little bigger than the rest of the rooms, but yes. I think you'll love it, I know I did. Gives you a lot of privacy." She slides her hand over my hair. She knows me the best. I have never really had friends, but she knows everything about me. She knows, why I won't let people in and she knows why I love to read so much. She knows why I cry... well, most of the time.
I look at Millie, who is lying next to me and staring at mom's face with a smile. I tickle her, making her giggle and wiggle next to me. "Come on, let's get up," I say.
"Now?" she asks.
"Yeah," I say and sit up. She sighs, making me and mom chuckle, and then she pushes herself to sit up as well.
"Betty, can you get her ready too? I still need to pack the last few things and I don't think Kevin is ready either."
"Yeah, sure," I say. She kisses my forehead and then Millie's and gets up, looking at Collie. "Come on, girl, I'll give you some food." Collie's up at that immediately and out of room.