Chapter 12

“Betty, a little birdy told me you and Jughead are official now,” Kev says, coming into the living room where me, mom, FP, Jellybean, Millie and Toni are at. I feel all the eyes on me as I rest my face into my hand comfortably.
“Not right now, Kev,” I murmur.
“Wait, what? You and Jug finally had sex?” Sweets asks, coming from the kitchen with another pile of our food, Fangs and Polly following them.
“Old news, Sweets. They did it on Saturday,” Toni says.
“Why the fuck does everyone know about my private life more than I do?” I ask angrily.
“Because you have three older siblings who-“
“Two,” I correct Polly. “One of them isn't even older than me.”
“17 minutes means older, Betty,” Kelly smirks her victorious smile.
“I agree with her, I'd call us the same age,” Kev says.
“No, you're definitely younger than me,” I grin at him, which makes everyone chuckle.
“Okay, let's continue. Rule number-“ FP starts, but gets interrupted by Kev again.
“No. The point is, why was I the last one to know? And why did Fangs know it before me?” he asks, offended.
“Kev,” I whine. “Seriously, it's not a big deal.”
“Why-“
“You’re not the first person she always tells everything y'know,” Kelly tells him.
“Kellz, stop,” I chuckle. “I told Collie and Millie, that's enough,” I smirk.
“He love you,” Millie says to me, head upside down, looking into my eyes.
“Yeah, he does,” I say and kiss her head. “Rule six. In unity here is strength,” I tell FP, looking at his shocked face. I sigh and drop my head back into my hands, blushing.
That's until the front door opens and closes. I look up from my hands and start smiling a little, seeing Jug with a white Pop's takeaway bag.
“Babe, is that for me?” I ask him as he sits next to me, his arm around my shoulders.
“Some of it,” he says and pecks my lips quickly before opening it.
I rest my head onto hid shoulder and kiss his temple before kissing his ear softly and whispering, “They know about us dating, did you tell anyone?”
“Sweets,” he says quietly to me.
I let out a quiet groan. “Seriously? I kept it from Kevin even, which is hard to do,” I protest.
“He’s my best friend,” he chuckles, taking a burger and unwrapping it. I give him a look and take another from the bag, but Jellybean takes it from me with a big smile and kisses my cheek before starting eating it. “Jelly,” Jug warns.
“It’s fine,” I chuckle at him and take another one and start eating it.
“Rule number 2,” FP continues.
“If Serpent is killed or imprisoned their family will be taken care of,” I say and swallow the bite down.

I feel arms snaking around my waist and recognize them immediately right before he kisses my cheek softly. I smile and turn my head towards him a little, standing next to the stage.
“Baby, are you sure you wanna do this?” Jug whispers.
“Positive,” I whisper and turn around in his arms as he pulls me even closer. “Don’t you wanna see?” I smile big.
He chuckles. “I could see it at home?” he asks softly, caressing my cheek.
“Jug, I wanna be a Serpent,” I say with a small smile. “Okay?”
He sighs, but nods. I lean up and kiss him softly and then pull away. “Just give everyone who stares at you one of these angry looks with side eyes you always give me,” he smirks.
I chuckle. “Right,” I say sarcastically and peck his lips quickly as a new song starts and it's a slow one, so I can do it now.
He sighs and kisses my forehead before letting me go up on the stage. I see people's eyes going on me as they start getting quieter, realizing someone's on the stage. I start singing to the music which is what Toni told me to do and undressing myself. The Serpents look shocked, but not surprised. I think they knew I was going to do it, but not that right now, already.
I ignore my mom's and my siblings' eyes, because I know they look awkward, but I meet Jughead's eyes and keep staring into them as I'm in my lingerie now, dancing around the pole. When I asked Toni to help me (because she's done it), she told me one sentence: ‘Touch yourself'. She meant like touch your skin everywhere with your hands, because it makes you look like you love your body and you're not embarrassed to do this in front of them. But god am I embarrassed and nervous at the moment.
So when the song ends and no one starts clapping at first, I get scared for some reason. I lower my head just a little and keep looking at Jug as he's smiling sweetly, looking at me. He starts clapping slowly and a second later all the others start too, just faster. Many start even cheering. I smile a little and mom comes on the stage next to FP who's holding the jacket.
He smirks at me and shakes his head just a little before helping the jacket on me. I breathe in as I'm wearing it and it feels like heaven. Mom gives me a mic as FP gets another one.
“Go on, ask laws,” FP says into the mic. So they start yelling numbers and I have to answer them.
“22!” Kevin yells soon, knowing that I didn't remember it before.
I give him the look and bring the mic back in front of my mouth. “Once a Serpent, always a Serpent,” I say, glaring at him. He starts laughing, but nods.
“5!” someone yells. Since it's the tenth one, it should be the last one.
“A Serpent never betrays it's own,” I say.
“His!” many people (men) yell, ‘correcting' me.
“So when I'm a girl the rule doesn't apply to me?” I ask.
“The rule says his!” someone shouts.
“Calm down, Tall Boy,” I hear Jughead saying.
“The laws are written by men thinking a woman can never-“
“I agree!” Toni shouts before I've even finished.
“The point is, you have your rules memorized, don't worry about the rest,” FP chuckles. I already was mad at him before for not changing the rules and Toni was fierce by my side.
My mom takes my clothes from the ground and hands them to me. “Get dressed.”
I grin. “What if I-“
She gives me a look. “No.”
I roll my eyes, get off the stage and go to Jug. He wraps me into his arms immediately and leans down to kiss me. After we pull away he kisses my forehead. “You. Look. Amazing,” he whispers.
I chuckle and peck his lips once more. “I need to go change.”
“You sure about that?” he smirks, his hands on my butt. I smash his chest, pushing him off of me with a grin and walk towards the bathroom, still hearing his laugh when I get there.

“Hey,” FP says as he opens the door for me. “Woah, everything alright? You slept okay?” he asks worriedly, seeing the bags under my eyes.
“Not really,” I chuckle. “He’s sleeping, right?”
“Yeah, you had plans?” he asks.
I shrug. “I think so. But… I'm tired, so I'll just go sleep in his bed, if that's okay?” I ask.
He smiles a little. “Sure, just… keep clothes on.”
I roll my eyes at him and go upstairs, hearing him chuckling. I quietly go into Jug's room and see him sitting on the bed, rubbing his tired eyes. He looks up at me and his face grows worried. “Come here,” he says quietly, widening his arms for me to get in.
I smile and drop my jacket, push my shoes off and pull my pants and tights off before climbing into the bed next to him, onto his lap. He wraps his arms around me, only in his boxers as I'm in my underwear and shirt now. His lips kiss my forehead softly and I feel at home. His body heat is transferring to me, his smell is like a drug, his soft hands are caressing my sides lovingly while his arms are protecting me.
“What’s wrong?” he whispers.
“Nothing, I'm just tired,” I murmur into his chest.
“Oh thank god, me too,” he breathes out, making me giggle. I look up at him and see him smiling down at me. He leans a little down and we kiss. He falls back on the bed, me in his arms, still kissing him. I laugh into the kiss but won't pull away either, enjoying his tongue in my mouth and my body on top of him.
When I pull away, I roll off of him and rest my head onto his biceps, leaving a soft kiss there. He cradles my head with his hand and starts stroking my hair, giving me a kiss on my forehead and then hiding his face into my hair. I feel him breathing in the scent and then kissing it softly.

“Morning,” Jug whispers as my eyes flutter open slowly. I look at him with a small smile. “Aww,” he says. “You’re sleepy.” He kisses my cheek multiple times, nuzzling his nose into my cheek.
“Shut up,” I chuckle and push him away, turning my back to him. I start moving further away from him and sit up, but his arms go back around me and he pulls me against him, me giggling. My back is against his stomach so that he's spooning me, kissing my neck softly, his head in the crook of it. “Babe, I need water.”
“No,” he whispers and keeps kissing me.
I smirk. “I'm thirsty, I need water.”
“I can't let you leave,” he says and I turn around in his arms, smiling at him.
“Oh yeah? Why not?” I ask.
“The last weekend you just went away before I was even up. I won't let that happen again,” he murmurs into the crook of my neck and leaves a soft kiss lingering there.
I chuckle. “Jug, I won't go away.”
“Hmm, really? How could I trust you?” he asks with a cute voice, looking into my eyes now.
“I promise,” I grin.
“You promise?” he asks.
“Yeah, I love you,” I say and peck his cheek, catching him off guard. He's staring at me with a shocked face, but I get out of the bed and even though I'm only in my shirt and panties I make my way to the bathroom he has to share with his dad and sister.
“Hey,” Jellybean smiles, coming out of the bathroom.
“Hi,” I chuckle.
“Did you sleep here?” she asks, tilting her head on the left like a curious puppy.
“The last few hours I think. I came in the morning,” I say, ruffling her hair.
“And now..? Jug's still asleep?” she asks.
“No, I just need some water,” I say, going into the bathroom and turning the water on. I tilt my head and drink some of it, after what I wash my face with it and then use Jug's towel to dry myself off.
“You're pretty,” Jellybean says.
I smile at her. “So are you.”
She gives me a shrug with a sad smile and wants to walk away, but I take her into my arms and hug her tightly, kissing her hair many times. She giggles. “Stop.”
I chuckle and let ho of her. “You're really beautiful, Jellybean.”
“You’re more. I'd wanna look older,” she says.
“Yeah well, that's easy. Hit puberty, get acne, you'll look like me,” I say, making her chuckle, but still look sad at the same time. Jug has told me about his family. Their mom left 7 years ago. Jelly was 3 and Jug was 10, it was his birthday. That's why he doesn't like his birthdays anymore. But the point is, JB doesn't even remember her mom and she has never had someone around who was a girl and older than her. And from what I've understood from Jughead's stories, she really needs someone like that.
“You know what? I have some makeup with me to hide the bags under my eyes, so if you want I can show you later,” I say with a little smile. She starts smiling bigger, making me smile too as she nods. “Okay,” I chuckle. “But right now you're brother's gonna kill me if I don't go back to bed, so I'll do that,” I say.
She laughs and nods. “Yeah.” I kiss her hair quickly and go back to Jug's room. He's lying on the bed, eyes closed, arms waiting for me, but I can see he's not asleep. I smile at the sight and climb under the duvet, into his arms and he tightens them around me and pulls me against him immediately.
I giggle as he starts kissing me all over my face, but let him do it. “I love you too,” he breathes out just before kissing me on my lips.
“Muah,” I say while giving him a peck on the lips.
He laughs at me and holds me even closer if that's possible. “Cutie,” he says under his breath, touching my face and hair every way possible.