Chapter 2

I look in the mirror for the last time and see that the outfit is nice at least. I'm wearing black tights with broken blue jeans, high heeled boots, a black crop top and a leathef jacket. My hair is down, the curls falling onto my back. But as my eyes move onto my own face, I can see the sadness in my eyes. My makeup is great as usually, but no one can take that lonely feeling away. I have no friends, which is not unusual, but still… My siblings will probably find friends immediately or sit together during lunch, but that's not really something I'm worried about. I usually just listen to music and eat or sometimes read something. I hope I can see that guy, Jughead, again. He seemed interested, but well, I bet there are hundreds of other girls for that who like him and he likes them back.
I just throw my black backpack over my shoulder and go downstairs. I hear that everyone's in the kitchen, but I'm not in the mood to join them, so I just sit on the last step of the stairs and start petting my dog, who comes to sit in front of me.
“Hey bud,” I sigh. She's always here for me if I need to talk and looks interested even though she probably doesn't understand anything. I’ve had her since I was 2 years old. Our old dog, a Labrador, had puppies with a Golden Retriever. So this one here is a Goldador. A black one. All the puppies were white or kind of yellow, but I chose the black one. Even though I was two, I could feel the similarity between us. Or I just liked how she was different from the others. Or she chose me, I'm not sure. Now I'm 16, she's 14. She's old, the doctor says that she has until the end of the next year. I'm depressed… “It’s my first day,” I say quietly so that my family couldn't hear. She rests her head on my knee as I ruffle her fur as always. She loves it. “I’m scared.”

“Bye,” we say to mom and Millie and get out of the car. I already feel all the eyes on us. Obviously, we're all new and the four of us just came out of the same car. “Well, I'm gonna go,” I tell them and start walking towards the school. My first class is Math, the other two have Science and Polly has English, but she's a year older, so...
I hear some boys blowing a whistle as I pass them, but I just roll my eyes and make my way through the front door. It's an old school as I can see. Like most things in the town, it's very retro. I know my class number was 318, so I go on the third floor and try to find it. The bell rings and I sigh, knowing I'm doomed. I just hope my siblings found theirs before that, because they're all socially awkward.
The class number 318. The door is closed, meaning the teacher is inside already. I don't know if I'm supposed to knock and walk in or just walk in, but I decide that the second one is better to do. So I open the door and go in front od the class basically. People start whispering immediately, but I don't really care.
“Can I help you?” the teacher asks.
“I’m Betty Cooper?” I make it a question.
“Oh, right,” she says, seeing a little doubtful about my outfit. “I’m Ms. Popper, take a seat.” I look around in the class. No seats in the third row where I'd like to. Two in the first one and one in the last. I make my way to the back of the class immediately and sit down, people looking after me.
“Betty Cooper,” I hear the same voice saying I heard yesterday. I look at the boy. He still looks just as good, just a little tired. He's sitting next to me, but the tables are for only one person, so we have a space between us.
I roll my eyes and ignore him. He keeps teasing me or talking to me the during the entire class, so I just roll my eyes and sometimes snigger when he gets angry at me for doing that. When the class ends and the bell rings, everyone's up, including me. I take the books under my arm and walk out of the class with the mission to find my locker. But immediately I feel a finger tapping onto my shoulder. I look at him and frown. “How many times do I have to push you away before you actually leave me alone?”
“You're looking for your locker. I might know where that is,” he says.
“Oh really? Where? In the janitor's closet?” I ask and keep walking.
He chuckles. “You think so much of yourself. I'm not that into you, you know. You rejected me, I'll find someone else. Move on.”
I laugh at that. “Oh really? Then why are you stalking me?”
“You seem fascinating,” he smirks and I stop in front of the right locker I hope. I try the code and smile as it opens for me. I stuff all my books and notebooks in it and look at it with a frown. Too empty and ugly. Just as I wanna close it, Jug puts his arm in front of me, not letting me. He pulls out a black marker and writes something on the inside of my door.
“You can't get that off,” I say. He steps out of the way and just befor ehe slams it shut, I see what he wrote.
Jughead 👑
“Well then I guess it has to stay there forever, yeah?” he asks, restraining me with his hands on the lockers around me. I'm pressed into mine.
I raise my eyebrows. “You dick, get off.” But he does exactly the opposite. He kisses me. I melt into the soft kiss, his perfect lips connected with mine. I kiss him back for a few seconds and then slide my tongue over his upper lip and push him away, my hands on his chest. “Not gonna happen, Jones,” I say and walk away, hopefully towards my next class. When I look over my shoulder back at him my mouth forms into a smirk; he's leaning against my locker, arms crossed on his chest, looking at me walking away. He winks just once and with a smile and goes to the opposite direction.
I sigh and smile, keeping walking. This kiss was the best one I've ever had. And I've had lots of them, believe me.