Chapter 13

“Uh, I don't think-“ mom starts as Slurpe just asked all of us to their house to Thanksgiving dinner.
“I can babysit,” I offer since I know that's why she ‘can't go’. They all look at me with raised eyebrows. “What?” I ask.
“Nuh-uh. You're coming with me to Northsiders' party in carrot's house,” Jug says from behind me and kisses my cheek, pulling me even closer to him on his lap.
I sigh and look at him, tilting my head a little. “I don't do house parties, I told you.”
“You still haven't given me a good reason for that,” he says.
“Well you don't need one,” I say with the cute voice we talk with each other when we're alone.
He narrows his eyes at me and I give him a cute pleading look. He keeps staring in my eyes just for a few seconds, then swallows and pecks my nose. “I’ll help you babysit.”
I smile big and kiss him shortly before looking back at mom. She smiles a little. She's the only one except for my siblings who knows about the house party I went to in my sophomore year. I got blamed for breaking a window. Never happening again.
“You guys,” Sweets whines. “You have to come, kick some Northside asses.”
“I’m not a violent person,” Jug throws back with a smirk. I chuckle quietly, remembering how just a week ago on my birthday he punched three guys who called me a slut and on his birthday a month ago he was so pissed at everybody when they were teasing him that he slapped all the guys in our crew.

“Come in!” I shout, sitting on the carpet in the living room, Millie on my lap, playing with her toys. She sees who comes into our house and she's up from my lap immediately, running towards Jughead.
“Hey kid,” he says, picking her up and tickling her everywhere. “What ya doing?”
“Playing,” she giggles as he holds her basically head down, just to make her laugh and have fun. I smile at that.
“Can I join?” he asks, sitting next to me, leaning against the couch, placing her normally onto his lap now.
“Yeah,” she giggles and he kisses her cheek before looking at me.
“Hey Betts,” he smiles.
“Hi,” I say back with the same kind of smile and we kiss for a few seconds. “Hi,” I breathe out after the kiss again.
“Hi indeed,” he chuckles and pulls me into his side, one arm around me now. I rest my head onto his shoulder and he rests his on my head after giving it a soft kiss. Millie gives both of us a few toys and we start playing in her imaginary world as always.

“I need to put her to bed,” I tell Jug quietly as we're cuddling on the couch and Millie is playing in front of us. “That’s gonna take a while.”
He chuckles at me and kisses my cheek before loosening his arms around me just a little. I slip my legs off of the couch and squat down next to Millie. “Baby, let's go to sleep,” I tell her softly while fondling her blonde hair.
“No sleep,” she mumbles and keeps playing.
I sigh and think about hoe could I get her to bed. “Juggie wanted to sing to you before you go to sleep,” I tell her. She looks up at me and then at Jughead.
“Umm, Betts? I didn't agree to that,” he says.
“I wanna hear you sing,” I say and pick Millie up. “Be upstairs in 15 minutes, I'll get her ready for bed.”
Before he can start arguing, I take Millie upstairs and get her into her pajamas and help her brush her teeth. Or well, she helps me to do it a little. Then I get her into the bed and sit down on the floor next to her, stroking her hair. Her bed is really low so that if she should fall off somehow, she won't get hurt.
“Jug!” I shout and hear steps coming upstairs in a few seconds. He comes to the room and starts smiling a little, seeing how Millie is pouting.
He sits next to me and tickles her a little, which makes her laugh and push his hands away, not that she'd get free of them that fast. He keeps tickling her for a while and then stops soon, making her go back to pouting and us chuckle. “Baby, I'll still be here tomorrow when you wake up, we can play then,” he says to her and kisses her forehead.
“Wanna play now,” she whines.
I look ag Jug with raised eyebrows and then back at my little sister. “When you'll wake up tomorrow, we can play with you, okay?” I ask. She shakes her head, looking like she's gonna cry. “Sing,” I tell Jug.
“Sing what?” he asks.
I shrug. “Anything. I don't want her to start crying or I'll need another hour to put her asleep,” I tell him quietly.
He sighs and rests his head onto my shoulder and I lower mine against it. He starts humming a tune and then eventually starts singing with words. I've heard it. It's a romantic, like 50’s song. When he finishes, I hold my lips against his hair for a while and then look at Millie.
“That was beautiful, right?” I ask her quietly. She nods with a small smile, looking at me and then at Jug. My hand moves to behind her neck and my thumb starts stroking her hair on her temple. That soothes her down enough to fall asleep usually.
She falls asleep with the five next minutes and I feel Jug's eyes on me all the time. I lean forward and kiss Millie's head softly before getting up without looking at Jug and leaving the room. Jug comes after me and stops me by grabbing my hand and pulling me into his embrace.
“You love her,” he whispers and kissed my hairline.
“I do,” I whisper back, give him a peck on the cheek and then push him away to go downstairs and get a snack. I hear him laughing quietly as he follows me into the kitchen. I take out the chips I bought for today and some dip and then ignore him again, making my way into the living room.
“Why are you mad or something?” he asks as I sit down.
“Oh you know, just because you've always lied to me that you can't sing,” I tell him and start eating the chips, glaring at the floor.
“Aww,” he says and I look up at him madly. He sits next to me and pulls me onto his lap. He keeps his arms strong around me as I wanna push him away and kisses my cheek repeatedly instead, making me smile. “You hate me because I can sing?”
“I don't hate you,” I say and take his head between my hands so that he would keep his lips away. “I just hate the fact you lied to me about your singing abilities. You sounded amazing.”
“Did you know the song?” he asks, pulling my head onto his chest.
I giggle quietly and look up at him. “Yeah, why?”
“It reminds me of you,” he says, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. “You wanna know a secret?” he asks quietly.
“Hm?” I smile.
He leans close to my ear. “It’s my favorite song,” he whispers. I smile and look at him. He's staring at me with that dreamy look of his. I lean up and kiss him softly, but it comes too heated pretty soon, so I can't help myself but to turn around on his lap, my legs going around him, he picking me up.
He never breaks the kiss as he takes me upstairs, into my room. Let's just say the clothes are gone within the two next minutes and that's continued by a few (5) rounds of pretty heated sex.

“Betts?” Jug whispers. “Betty?”
“I'm telling you, she won't wake before boon,” I hear Kelly chuckling and feel Jug sniggering at that.
“Baby, do you want something from Pop's?” he asks me quietly.
“Mkm,” I hum and feel his lips on my temple.
“Just get us two cheeseburgers and fries and milkshakes,” he says.
“Okay, enjoy sleeping,” Kelly breathes out and then I think leaves, ‘cause Jug pulls me to lie on top of him. I giggle and rest my head onto his chest, legs parting around him. His hands go on my bare butt (I'm only in his shirt) and pull me a little more up so that he could rest his head on top of mine.
“I love you,” he whispers and kisses the top of my head, starting to run his fingers through my hair. I'm too tired to move my mouth, but I give him a kiss on his chest, which makes him kiss me again. This time I don't kiss him back, just relax even more in his arms, falling asleep again.

I wake up to Jughead pinching my nose closed and then letting it open again before doing the same thing over and over again just in few seconds. I start smiling big and open my eyes slowly. He starts sniggering and stops doing it as I look up at him with a smile.
“Morning,” he says.
“Mhmm,” I hum and kiss his chin softly before lowering my head back onto his chest.
“Baby, I'm hungry,” he complains.
“Shh,” I say, pressing my finger on his lips and closing my eyes again. He bites it softly, but I keep it there until he starts licking it. That's when I take it off and wipe it into his shirt that I'm wearing.
“Betts, they bought Pop's and ours are downstairs. They're still warm,” he says, sounding like he's in pain.
I giggle. “Good to know, right?” I look up at him. He narrows his eyes at me and I peck his lips softly. “Can we maybe just stay in bed and starve?” I ask quietly.
He presses his lower lip over his upper, making him look extremely cute. “Please?”
I tilt my head and stare at him a few seconds but soon push myself off of him, making him pull me back into his arms and kiss me all over my face. I start laughing quietly and he keeps kissing me.
In about a minute, we get up and I put on my underwear, but stay in his shirt since it reaches my mid thigh while he keeps his boxers and pulls on his jeans. My hair really annoys me so I throw that into a messy bun and we make our way downstairs slowly.
“Hey,” Kev says, walking out of the kitchen into the living room the exact time we enter the kitchen.
“Morning,” I murmur as Jug gives his hair a ruffle, because they're not messy enough as he says.
“The third burger is mine, Jughead!” Polly shouts somewhere.
“Dream on!” Jug shouts back, making me chuckle. He smiles as we take out our vanilla and strawberry milkshakes, two sides of fries and burgers. He leaves the third one for Polly though, because he tries to be nice. If that had been Jelly yelling that, he wouldn't have been that good. Though Jellybean would have never left her burger like that on the kitchen table.
He sits down on a chair and takes me onto his lap, or well… I sit on his one leg as usual, my legs between his parted ones, his arm around me, holding me on the place.
“So what are we gonna do today?” Jug asks, already finishing his burger.
“Can we just be?” I ask.
He chuckles. “And that means?”
“I wanna finish my book,” I admit and he smiles at that. “And later we can just cuddle and watch a movie or binge Game Of Thrones together because I wanna see it but never get to it,” I say.
He laughs at me. “It has like thousands of episodes.”
“That's why,” I say. “And maybe it's actually good?”
He chuckles and kisses my cheek softly. “God I love you.”

The thing I love about Jughead is the fact he can be quiet for hours, reading a book, watching a show or a movie… He can just lie in the bed next to me, eat something at the same time and read. For HOURS. Just like me, he loves living in an imaginary world, pretending the scene is actually happening right now and you can either watch it from the sidelines or actually be the one living through this pain, love, affection, etc.
He can just lie on the bed next to me, read, think, write. He's a writer, just like me. He gets new ideas from books and movies and that makes him want to write them down. Every time he sees or reads something extremely cute or full of emotions he writes it down to write a book about all of the situations later.
Another thing I saw was how his mind gets intertwined with all the things he does. Like yesterday, we were watching stars from my huge windows, cuddling on the window seat at like 2am... He told me about the stars, the planets, everything. I didn't even know he liked it. And I discovered he does. He knows so much about galaxy and the universe that it only wants me to hear more. The fact that it's his voice telling these things to me while his arms are around me, holding me against him just makes my heart flutter and want to stay like this forever.
“What are you thinking about?” he asked after he told me about the star signs.
“I wanna stay here forever,” I just said quietly, earning a kiss on my temple for that.