Chapter 5

The doorbell. I roll my eyes. The others laugh at me. “What did you think he'll do? Not come?” Polly chuckles.
“COME IN!” I yell.
I hear the door open and close but I keep sitting. “What if I was a serial killer?” I hear him asking.
“You already are,” I say and he laughs. “Can you maybe just go?” I shout.
He comes into the living room looking hot as ever, my favorite smirk on his face.  I melt under his eyes and he obviously can see that. “We need to finish this today, come on.”
“Aren’t you like failing science anyways?” I ask, standing up.
“Aren't you? That's the point, we can get a good note.” He takes my hand to pull me with him, but I grasp it back.
“If you're gonna touch me, we're staying downstairs,” I say. He rolls his eyes and I take him upstairs into my room. He drops the bag and looks around in amazement.
“Wow. This is amazing,” he says, making me smile. “Can I look around?” I nod. He smiles and looks at all of my posters and then walks to the huge bookshelf what is stacked full of CD-s and books. He looks at the books with a huge smile. “Can I borrow one?”
“Depends,” I smirk.
“On what?” he looks at my face, annoyed.
“If you're gonna treat it nicely, because most of them I've read multiple times and it annoys the shit out of me if someone breaks them.”
He chuckles and takes one out of the shelf. “I’m gonna take care of it.” He throws it onto my bed, making me clink my teeth together and narrow my eyes at him. He laughs at my face and squats down in front of all the CD-s. “So you listen to Heavy Metal as well,” he says.
And Indie,” I point out. He nods and Collie runs to him. She starts wagging her tail for some reason. “Hey-“ he looks under her. “-girl.” I laugh at him as she sits down and his hands go onto her sides as he starts ruffling her fur just like I do. Collie's enjoying it. “What's her name?” he asks as she keeps wagging her tail.
“Collie.”
He smirks. “No one just names their dog Collie. What's her real name?”
I smirk. “No way am I gonna tell you.”
“Why not?” he chuckles.
“I can’t just embarrass my best friend now, can I?” I giggle.
“6. You love dogs.”
I chuckle. “We had a dog named Hot Dog so I named her Cold Cat.”
He laughs, but looks kind of surprised. “The Serpents always have a dog named Hot Dog. Right now he lives with just everyone in the district… Your mom took him?”
“I think,” I say and shrug. “My mom was a Serpent, right?” I ask. He nods. I smile, “So I'm able to join?”
“Uh, do you really know what it is?”
“A dangerous gang of killers, drug dealers and criminals,” I smile big.
He laughs. “And you want to join?”
“I mean I've seen you guys together, you seem like a family. And I could use some friends,” I say.
He smiles sadly. “It’s not just friends, but yeah, we're a family. But it's dangerous, I don't think your mom would allow it.”
“She was one,” I say. He raises his eyebrows and starts to say something, but then shuts up. “She still is one?” I ask. He smirks at me and nods. I get even happier. “She has to let me.”
“You’ve never even properly met them. She should introduce you all,” he says.
“Yeah, well she wanted to do it but I got grounded, so…”
“How long does that last?”
“The end of the next week,” I mumble, looking down.
He chuckles. “I’m grounded too. The exact same time. After that, she can introduce all of you to us.”
I smile and he walks to me on the bed. I get up, not wanting to be so close to him. We have some tension between us and I don't wanna risk touching him or it will end up both of us naked. I get my Science books and notebook and come back on the bed, with some distance. He smirks, obviously noticing. “You can come closer you know.”
I roll my eyes. “I don't want for your 1 inch long dick to-“
“You can measure it, if you want to, but it always makes 8,” he says.
“You have 8 of them?” I ask and turn my head away rapidly, smirking.
I hear him chuckle. “That was good.”

I hear small feet coming up the stairs. We look up, even Collie. Millie runs to my room in her pajamas and I lift her to sit on my lap. “Why aren't you asleep?” I ask, tickling her a little.
She giggles. “No sleep,” she says tiredly. Jug chuckles, but I sigh.
“Polls!” I yell. I hear her coming upstairs. And then she comes into my room with a tired look. “Betty, help me. Please.”
“I need to study,” I say.
She narrows her eyes and looks at Millie after that. “Come on, lets go to sleep.”
“No,” she says.
“Fine, I’ll put her to sleep,” I say to Polly. She smiles thankfully and goes out of my room.
“So we're taking a break?” Jug asks.
“No, keep working,” I say and smirk afterwards as he looks annoyed. “Seriously, just be quiet.” I get up and then place Millie in my bed, under the duvet, head on the pillow.
“In here?” Jug asks.
“She doesn't fall asleep if I go away, she'd just follow me back here.”
“You've done that before?” he asks me.
“No,” I say with a sarcastic voice. “Of course, what do you think? Mom's at work.”
“And normally what you do so that she'd fall asleep?”
“Just keep reading one of my books, but with a loud voice.” I pull myself in the middle of the bed and start stroking Millie's hair softly and give her a kiss. “Goodnight.”
“Night,” she says quietly.
I pull my notebook in front of me and start writing while still fondling her hair with my left hand. Jug stays quiet, so when she's asleep in a few minutes, I stand up and pick her up. “I’ll be right back.” He smiles at me and nods.
I take Millie downstairs into her room and put her in her bed, kissing her forehead once more. I take my way back upstairs, to my room and see Jug investigating the book I'm currently reading. “Um, excuse you?” I ask. He looks up at me and his lips go into a huge grin, looking back at the book. “If you lost the-“
“Page 413,” he says. I smile and he keeps reading the beginning. I sit back on the bed and look at the notes we've taken. We're all done, so I look back at him and grab my book, placing it under my pillow.
“We need to practice,” I say.
He rolls his eyes. “Right now? I'm tired,” he whines, taking the book back. I wanna grab it back, but he raises it high in the air with a grin. I pull his other arm down what could hold me back and try to reach the book, but he starts to push me away, making me fall onto his lap. He smirks, looking down at me and then his hands go on my waist. Just as I think he's gonna force himself on me, he on top of me, he starts tickling my sides instead. I start laughing and sit up on his lap, trying to escape, but he keeps doing it.
“Stop,” I laugh and grab his hands into mine, his arms around me. We look at each other with smiles, his chin over my shoulder. And then realize the position we're in and how close our faces are. I can't kiss him. I turn my head away and feel him sighing deeply. I get off of his lap with a sad face and sit on the bed next to him, placing the book back under my pillow, head looking down at my lap.
“Give me one reason,” he says quietly and raises my chin up with his hand softly. As I look into his eyes, I can't remember any. So I look back down quickly and swallow.
“You're just another guy. You'll tell me I'm beautiful, fuck me, then spread rumors to the entire school and-“ I take in a shaky breath, trying not to cry.
“Hey,” he says softly and I feel his hand on mine, between us on the bed. “I actually really do like you. If you'd be just a one time girl for me, I wouldn't be trying that hard to get your number.”
“Then why are you?” I ask and look up at him. “Tell me. Why to waste your time on me? I'm nobody.” I look back on my lap and let a tear drop.
I hear him sigh and then get up from the bed. I gulp and drop a few more tears. He just realized I am like that and now is leaving, is what I think, but instead, he squats down in front of the bed, in front of me, and I look at him with my sad eyes.
“What I said earlier about your ego… I was wrong. You need more of it. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. You're really smart, you like to read, your eyes are the shade of green I don't think I've ever even seen,” he says, holding my hand gently. I let out a quiet giggle and look a little more up at him. He's smiling now softly. “And that sounds cute if there would be someone except for me, to get that out of you.”
I grin at that and look back down. He sighs. “You know, tell me a thing I could do for you.”
“What?” I chuckle.
“Tell me something you want someone to buy for you or somewhere you want to go or-“
“Stop,” I chuckle. “You’d seriously take me to Norway?” I smirk.
He sighs with a smile. “Come on, please?” he asks and presses his lower lip over his upper like little kids do. I tilt my head a little and sigh with a smile. I kiss his forehead softly and then get up and walk to my table.
I tear a page out of my notebook and grab a pen. Then I smirk and start writing. But not writing writing… I discovered a cool way to wrote with symbols. So I write him a few sentences about the thing I like and take it to him. He smirks and looks back at me after discovering what I just gave to him. “Seriously?”
“You figure that out, you get the thing I like and later my number,” I whisper and smile at myself, extremely happy. Now I can see if he just gives up after not getting it or actually keeps trying.
“You know, that's shit, because this might take all my time now,” he says, pointing his finger at me warningly.
I chuckle. “Just don't get behind with school because of me,” I tease.
“Every. Day, princess,” he says, already deep in his thoughts, staring at the paper. I take it away and he gives me a disapproving look.
“Let's practice,” I say.
“Doing anything just to get to spend time with me,” he breathes out and looks around, acting like a goof, “That’s right.”
“Stop,” I laugh and hit him.
He smirks and takes the paper back, carefully folding it together and placing it in the back pocket of your jeans. I push my sneakers off and pull my feet on the bed, crossing them. “You start.”