𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

-

-

"BUENO SEÑORES. Esto es una puesta de largo en toda su ridiculez. Para qué sirve? Antes servía para encontrar maridito pronto. Ahora es para ampliar tu red de contactos. Aunque lo del marido tampoco se descarta." Ander spoke, and us scholarship students all exchanged looks.

"Necesito un trago," I said, and I walked off, Ander following closely behind me. I grabbed a bottle of champagne, pouring both myself and Ander a drink. We both were kind of high, so I almost spilt the champagne out of the glass, causing us to giggle more until I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, and I saw Guzmán holding me and Ander, who was mid-downing the champagne.

The whole atmosphere dropped, as Guzmán spoke. "Me puedes explicar por qué te has traído al influencer?" He looked to Ander, not amused in the slightest. "You bought the girl, Nadia, right?" "It's my house, Ander." He stared, not happy one bit, his grip around my shoulder tightening slightly. "Guzmán, you are kind of squishing-" I was interrupted by Ander, "I don't know. He wanted to come. Nothing's going to happen. This whole crusade of yours against them is ridiculous." Ander pushes Guzmán off of him, and I stare in surprise. "Look, I forgive you, okay? Because you're drunk. But I wouldn't have betrayed you like that. Nunca!" Ander scoffs, "What betrayal, Guzmán?" He walked away, muttering something about wanting a beer.

Guzmán sighed, his arm still around my shoulder as he picked up a glass of champagne and downed it. "You hate us that much?" I ask, as he downs a second glass. "No. Not you." I groan, turning around to face him, holding my arms on his shoulders. "Listen. I don't know why you seem to think I am different from them, but I'm not. We are the same. All of us came from San Esteban, from the poor parts of the city, and we all are the same. So if you hate the poor charity cases so much, I suggest you stay away from all of us, including me. Or, be nice. It's not hard Guzmán." I say, turning to walk away, but he grabs me, pulling me back. "Jada Elizabeth. There is just something about you. I have my reasons for disliking the others, reasons not related to San Esteban, although that was where it started. You, however, haven't done anything except stand up for yourself and your friends. I like that Jada, loyalty matters. And I know you'll be surprised, but I care for you." Our faces are extremely close, and he smiles at me, holding my waist before I hear Lu's voice, and I separate from him, just as she arrives.

"Hola? What is going on here with my boyfriend? Go get your own." I groaned and walked away, as she continued to call out to me. I looked around, not sure where I was going, just anywhere where Lú wasn't.

"Hola." I turned to see Marina, smiling at me brightly, and I embraced her in a hug, causing her to giggle. As I separated from her, I smiled, taking in her appearance, as she took it as mine. "You look so beautiful." We said in unison and began giggling at how similar we thought. "We both look beautiful." She says smiling, and I nod as she hands me a glass of champagne.

"So, I saw you and Guzmán talking. I just wanted to say that you seem to bring out a different side to him. It's refreshing. My brother seems to like you, which may just be the rarest thing known to man. He's not very fond of people, especially not scholarship students." I roll my eyes, laughing, and she continues, "I also really am glad you came, I feel like you're a genuine friend, which is rare to find. Even those I've grown up with, aren't exactly best friends of mine, we all have our disagreements and secrets." I nod in understanding, and we clink our glasses together. "To genuine friendships." She holds her glass up, before downing the champagne. "I'll drink to that." I giggle, before downing my drink too, and then we set off to dance with everyone else. At one point I was happily dancing with Carla, who I hadn't got to know, and for a moment everything seemed to be going well with everyone. However, the moment was short, as Ander threw up all over Lú's skirt, which made me slightly giggle but also cringe slightly at the smell and the embarrassment.

"Ander, let's go sit down, huh?" I grabbed him by the arm as he held his head, clearly not feeling great. "Perdona." He mumbled as he walked past Lú, noticing Guzmán glaring at him from next to the posh princess. Lú began walking off towards the bathroom, with Guzmán following closely behind her. I led Ander around the house, trying to find somewhere to sit, and eventually, we sat down on the staircase, where he rested his head on my lap, and I played with his hair. "Gracias." He mumbled, closing his eyes as I continued to play with his hair. "I'm going to get you a bottle of water, okay?" I said, getting up and walking off to find the fridge or something of the sort. He mumbled something I can't quite hear, and I walk off, trying to find the kitchen. As I wander around, I begin to hear shouting coming from the kitchen, and I am tempted to enter until I realize it is the Nunier family arguing. As I go to turn around, I hear Marina's mother shouting.

"Sabías que había sido él que había destrozado el muro, y le dejas entrar en nuestra casa?" I listen in, even though I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself.

"Quién?" I heard Marina's voice ask, to which her mother responded "El delgadito ese." I gasped, walking away from the door, realizing they were talking about Samuel. That must have been where Samuel and his brother went the other night. They did something to the Nunier house. I groaned, rushing to find Ander, but he wasn't where I left him. Confused, I walked around to try to find him, and as I reached outside I realized I had walked into a disaster.

Disaster. That was one word for it. Guzmán rushes out of the house, angrily pointing at Samuel, clearly angry after finding out Samuel was the one who did the graffiti on the house. "Tú! Te dan una beca y así lo agradeces." He yells across the front of the house, in front of a bunch of guests. "Guzmán!" Marina calls out to him from inside, the pair of us walking after Guzmán who is heading right for Samu.

"Destrozando la propiedad ajena? You disgust me-" "What's going on here?" A voice asks, and all eyes go to the new guest, Samuel's brother Nano. "Who are you?" Guzmán asks Nano, who looks around the party, before winking at me, smirking. Guzmán notices and turns to see who Nano winked at, shaking his head when he saw me. He turns back to Nano. "I recognize you. You were at our school the other day, with Jada." He says to Nano, shaking his head. "I can't believe you, Jada. Unbelievable, the riffraff we have here tonight." I see Nano's fist clench at his side, and he smirks again. "Should I take that as a compliment or punch you?" "Take it as you will," Guzmán responds, smiling cockily, clearly not aware of the kind of guy he was talking to.

Samuel walks over to Nano, trying to pull him away, but he shakes him off. "I won't let this prep boy insult us." Guzmán scoffs and Samuel walks away, standing close to Nadia while Marina and I stand behind Guzmán, all of us not sure what to do. "I'm not insulting you, just stating the facts." Guzmán looks Nano up and down, and Nano steps forward. "One question. What do you call people who keep millions that don't belong to them so they can live the way you do?" At this point, he is right in front of Guzmán and he smirks, "Thieves or simply bastards?" And he headbutts him, causing us all the gasp. I go to step forward but Marina holds me back. "How dare you come to this house, and insult me and my family? Who do you think you are, fucking clown?" Guzmán pulls his arm back, going to punch Nano, who then punches him instead. "What are you doing?" I call out, as Polo holds Guzmán back. Nano then starts shouting "No os merecéis a mi hermano." He spits on the floor, "Meteos vuestro dinero por el culo!" I giggle slightly, as Marina looks shocked.

Samuel begins to walk away, Guzmán still shouting at him, and Nano turns just before he leaves. "Nos vemos pronto, Little Italia. Nice jacket by the way." He points at me, as I remember the jacket I'm wearing is his, and I look down, hoping to avoid the judging eyes of everyone. When I glance back up, I catch Samu shaking his head at me, and all eyes at the party looking at me in disappointment.

"Jesus. Idiota." Guzmán says, storming past me, with Polo looking at me unhappily too.

Oh, how everything has gone to crap.