𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

-

-

"COME ON NOW, DEAR. Let's start this project." Lú says as she drags me into the library after cornering me in the hallway. I grumpily followed her, despite being in a shit mood, especially since I barely slept last night. I sat up half the night, partly due to the coffee I had drunk on my way home and partly due to my mind overthinking everything since we arrived at Las Encinas.

"Okay, but it's a library, you know that means you have to shut up for once," I grumble, and she turns to me annoyed, before sitting down, indicating for me to sit in front of her. I walk to the other side of the table, noticing Guzman and Nadia just a few tables beside us, and I sit in my seat, both of us opening our notebooks, ready to work.

"Let's try to get this done as quick as possible, I don't want to talk to you at all." She says, and I giggle slightly, rolling my eyes as she flips her hair like a diva. She hands me a piece of paper with questions on it, and I hand her one I wrote, and we sit answering the questions, not talking until I hear a chair squeak behind me, and I turn to see Nadia getting up, walking out of the library. At the sight of this, Lú gets up, shaking her head as she walks over towards where Guzman is sitting, and he looks up, noticing both of us. Lú struts over to the desk, sitting slightly on it. I can't make out what they are saying from where I'm sitting, so instead, I get up, and pack up my stuff before walking out of the library. I head to the bathroom, staring at my reflection as I noticed how messy my hair was. I began attempting to fix it, which was proving to be impossible considering I didn't attempt to straighten it today, so my hair was very curly. After finally managing to make it look somewhat okay, I headed back out into the corridor.

Walking down the hallway, I noticed Carla, Christian, and Guzman talking, which I figured wasn't going to end well. "A ver, imbécil, te voy a explicar. Ni tú ni niguno de los de tu puto pueblo de mierda me podéis decir nada. Porque para mí no existís." I shake my head at Guzman's words, heading over to where they were arguing, knowing that it was probably all about to kick off considering his raised voice. As I'm walking over to the group, I notice Polo doing the same, noticing Christian and Guzman's angry expressions.

"Ay, "la novia", "mi instituto", "mis normas". joder. Tenéis el concepto de propiedad arraigado. Si le levanto a la piva, será porque ella quiere." I shake my head at his stupidity, just as Carla turns to him, an annoyed look on her face. "Bueno, tranquilito tú también." She says, looking at him shaking her head, and I turn around, groaning as they all start shouting, really tired of the constant drama, although it was slightly funny. I walk off, heading home to try and sort out this project with Lú without actually having to work with her.

After a twenty-minute walk, I finally reached my front door, and unlocked it quickly, wanting to take a nap badly. I stepped inside, beginning to tidy up a little bit before my phone rang. My parents wanted to FaceTime. I looked at the phone screen before answering the call, realizing how much I missed them already, and it had only been a couple of days. They still had the best part of a month before they came back.

"Hey, Jada Elizabeth. How are you, sweetheart?" My mother appeared on the screen, a massive smile on her face as the camera loaded. "Hola mother. I'm good, how is work? How's father?" I asked, curious about what they were getting up to. "We're good. Working hard. Listen, I called because I have something for you. We bought you something from our friend Riccardo, and he said you can go pick it up in a couple of days. I'll send you his number, and you can call him in a few days." She clapped her hands excitedly, and I laughed, confused. "Okay... what is it?" She shrugs, smiling before my dad comes into view.

"Hello, Polpetta." He laughed, blowing me a kiss through the phone. "How's school?" I sigh at his question, thinking about all the drama and chaos that Las Encinas has. Back at San Esteban, there was gossip and drama, of course, but nothing like this. "It's good, I'm doing well in class, making friends, and having fun too." I smiled confidently, not wanting to worry them with the little details of boys, girls, and drama. "Good. Good. I'm very glad you're settling in well. Are you studying?" I quickly grabbed my notebook, holding it to the camera. "I have some homework I was in the middle of doing as you called." I lied a little, and they laughed, "Oh. Good girl. Well, we'll call you again soon! Love you lots kiddo." My dad said, and my mum also blew me a kiss before they hung up the phone, and I laid back on my sofa, sighing loudly to myself, before slowly, and unintentionally, falling asleep.