𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

-

-

"IF IT ISN'T CINDERELLA."

Lu called out as I stepped out of the car, Guzman locking arms with me as I stood. Carla smiled, for once in a nice way, as she linked arms with her boys, Polo and Christian, the latter who poked his tongue out at Lu, who stood alone, shaking her head as she followed behind them unhappily. Marina and Samuel stepped out of the car, and Guzman and I went ahead and walked in, nerves taking over. Guzman left my side to speak to Polo, as I began to take selfies, with Christian coming to join in. It was quite obvious that Guzman was unhappy with Samuel's presence (and he hadn't even walked in yet, but he was almost enraged by Christian being here, and even more annoyed where he stood beside me, arm around my waist as he took a selfie with us.

"Hoy tampoco me vas a dirigir la palabra?" I heard Lu ask Guzman, before her eyes fell on Samuel. "Qué es esto? Marcelino, pan y vino?" She mocked as Samuel walked in, Marina leading the way. It was cute, no one couldn't deny. Except, they did. As Lu began complaining about Nadia, Carla smiled proudly. "Looks like we are all expanding our circle of friends." She smiled at me, before glancing to the boys, just as all hell was about to break loose when Marina announces Samuel as her boyfriend. Guzman completely forgets himself, and angrily pulls Samuel away from Marina, causing him to rip the tuxedo that was obviously rented, although these rich people wouldn't think about that, or just simply wouldn't care.

Samuel stormed off, as he realized Marina was just using him to get to her parents, but by the look on Marina's face, she truly did like him. I rolled my eyes as Guzman looked to me, and I headed over to the table for some wine, giving up on all the people here I keep giving chances. Mainly, Guzman, who I keep thinking isn't an ass, and then he keeps proving me wrong every time. As I'm pouring myself a glass, Carla appears beside me, with a weird look on her face, almost as if she was... admiring me. I smile as she holds out her glass, clearly wanting a refill. "You know, you aren't that bad Jada. You're sweet and beautiful, kind and strong. I admire that about you, how you can be strong and fierce but beautiful and soft. It seems almost impossible, but you just about manage to make it work. Out of everyone here, I think you are the most genuine, and maybe I need a friend like you. Someone who opens my eyes, and my heart, to the world. Even though we've barely spoken, I've seen and heard the way you speak to the others, and that allowed me and Polo to have Christian. I know you don't approve, but I promise you, he is more than just sex for us. So thank you." She embraces me, which catches me by surprise, just as Lu comes over, staring at us coldly, with confusion evident on her face. "Adios." She says as she heads back to her boys.

Within the hour, I had drunk so much wine, champagne, and shots that I could barely think straight. I noticed everyone was beginning to go their separate ways, with Carla, Polo, and Christian making a grand exit that shocked just about everyone at the winery. After looking around for Guzman everywhere, I decided it was time to call it a night. I sent Guzman, Marina, and Samuel a text, explaining I had left and that I hoped their evenings went well, but I was tired and needed to get home. As I stepped outside, the cold air hit me, and I realized I would have to walk home, as I didn't have anyone to pick me up. As I began my journey home, strutting my way down the streets of Spain, my feet began to hurt quite early on. I began drinking a bottle of red wine I had smuggled from the table on my way out, in the hopes that it would speed up my journey, and about twenty minutes later I was in my little area of the city, walking through back alleys and dimly lit streets to get home.

Tonight was weird. Quite a few of the wealthy people at tonight's event were very lovely. Carla had what seemed like a complete personality change as if overnight she became a delightful complimentative person, who actually wanted to be... friends? Even Christian got along well with Polo's mum's who were both so sweet to all of us. Guzman was, weird, to say the least. Turns out I was his second choice, and that he actually wanted Nadia to come, which wasn't the best feeling. He also suddenly seemed almost apologetic to Samuel, apparently offering to pay for his suit, which was very unlike Guzman. Marina and Samuel finally became official, despite it being a bit messy, they announced they are dating. The quiet of the night made me think deeply about all of tonight's events, although a part of my brain was just thinking about pizza. Drunk Jada was definitely chaotic, that's for sure. As I continue walking, I reach the road near my apartment, feet aching as I reached the more even pathway, allowing my feet to feel less strained and more balanced.

A wolf whistle stops me in my tracks, and I almost turn around but don't, out of the slight fear it could be some asshole, or some gangster. Footsteps could be heard quite loudly behind me as if someone was wearing heavy boots. I froze up slightly until I heard a somewhat recognizable voice.

"Wow, it's the princess." I heard the voice call out from behind once more, the voice getting closer to me as it spoke. I turned around, facing nothing but a shadowy figure, which I couldn't make out in the dimly lit street lights. Even with the small light, his face was hidden by his hood, and as I struggled to see who it was, there was a small piece of fear bubbling inside, but on the removal of the hoodie the man was wearing, I saw it was Nano. He didn't look himself. He looked lost. Pale. Heavy bags sat under his eyes, with a small redness as if he had been crying.

"Nano? Are you okay?" I asked as he approached, the closer he got the more concerned I became, noticing the little details that told me something was off. I was about to demand he talk to me until he wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace, which came as a shock to me and left me speechless. I returned the hug, wrapping my arms around him too, one hand stroking his hair softly as I heard a small sniffle come from the man I was hugging. "Nano, what's happened?" I asked, and I felt him shake his head slightly as he began mumbling.

"I almost fucked up. I almost did something horrible. They asked me to clear my debt, and I almost did it. He had kids, Jada. Kids. A family. I couldn't do it Jada, I couldn't. Now they are going to punish me for it - for being weak. I was trying to be strong but I'm scared. These guys are another level, Jada. I'm fucking scared. And not just for me. For Samu, for my mum, even for you." He says, pulling back from the hug, and staring into my eyes, which were slightly tearing up from the words he spoke. His hand stroked my cheek slightly, as I did the same, and our faces drew closer and closer to each other, with no one around and the shadows hiding us, it seemed like nothing else mattered at that moment except us.

And then, at that moment, Nano made a decision.

He leaned in.