Chapter 1

~~~EDIT~~~~

WELL, it has been brought to my attention by a certain awesome someone *cough cough, saveyourself, cough cough* that the song "Hunter" by 30 Seconds To Mars makes this chapter 5837x more intense, SOO, with that, I have added that song to the side of this chapter! so, scroll down there & hit play right now. okay, did you do it? no? DO IT NOW OR I'LL CUT OFF YOUR EARS. alright, now that i KNOW you've done it, listen to the music & the beat for a little until you get used to it, and now.... READ!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thump.

thump-thump.

thump. thump.

All I can hear is my unsteady heartbeat and rare breaths, but I still know he isn't far behind. There is no way I could've out ran him, especially that easily. The fact that I don't hear him anywhere close by doesn't relieve me in the slightest. It just makes me fear him more, if that's even possible.

My house is just a few streets up, I'm so close. All I have to do is keep this distance between me and him until I reach it, then I'll be safe. Home safe.

thump-thump-thump.

My heart is starting to race at just the thought of being home, under my covers, safe from him.

I'm on my street now, and my house is only a few down. I can't believe I'm actually going to make it home, I'm actually going to escape him. I'm probably the first to ever succeed at this.

thump-thump-thump-thump-thump.

Excitement is now pumping through me, I'm right in front of my house. I just reached my front gate and now I'm flying it open and running towards my door. I reach for the door knob and every little hope I had left is now shattered.

I turn it, but it doesn't turn.

It's locked.

And where is my key?

In my bedroom, on the nightstand.

If he doesn't kill me, I will. I'm a waste of oxygen.

I glance up at my bedroom window and it's slightly cracked.

God loves me.

I'm running to the tree that's in front of my window, and I almost touch it, but before I can, arms wrap around my waist and pull me back into something soft.

"Gotcha."